Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

Just watched the replay for Day 4 - Boult's ball to dismiss Rahane was an absolute peach, swung in slightly so batsman had to play, but then straightened just enough to get the edge. Looked scrambled seam so hard to predict which way it will seam.

Southee's set up of Vihari was even better. Ball before, he went wide on the crease, full ball angled in, then seams away after pitching - i bet it wld have beaten even Smith. Next ball, he's tighter to stumps, ball is good length & cuts in a tad, Vihari was playing close to body, just got tiny inside edge and ball cannons in to off stump.

Mind you, they were doing all this with a 67-68 over old ball. Boult and Southee 's use of swing and seam, angles has been just brilliant - they have hardly bothered with pace, in fact it seems their swing has benefitted from the late 120s - early 130s they have operated at. Again shows this was anything but a featherbed, 250 was a par score here in all innings, we were comprehensively outbowled. Outbatted too, with our two big guns Kohli-Pujara failing in front of Williamson-Taylor, and with NZ tail wagging much better than ours.

for those questioning Vihari's role, its not his fault that Kohli refuses to use him as a part-timer, even to rest the main bowlers. Only change for next test cld be Gill to replace Shaw, Umesh in place of Ashwin (its a gamble, but we need a swing bowler).  

Edited by Cricwala
On 2/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, Kothili said:

If we don't pressurize we'll end up giving company to green bros at #7 in the rankings.

yea i m sure whining on the forum is going to put pressure on the selectors and team management. as for the latter i wouldn't be worried, even for the pessimism i see here things will never get that bad even with our a team.