Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

4 hours ago, RajBan said:

It could be a huge risk to play Ishant. If Ishant is playing, India should go with 5 bowlers. That may mean dropping one of Shaw or Vihari.

Wrong play here. 4 bowlers is going to be plenty on this pitch. What India need is insurance in their batting.

Remember NZ need to win, India can afford to draw both matches.

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Agree with the consensus that NZ pitches are bowl first pitches and Basin Reserve is especially bowler friendly for 2 sessions and flat for the next 13. I just hope we win the toss and bowl first. Absolutely dreading the possibility of us being 40/5 by the time I wake up. 

If India are 40/5, I bet 3 of those wickets will be a product of batsmen fishing way outside off stump.

If India bat first, they must make sure to leave as many deliveries as possible. I would rather India be 2/40 at Lunch then 5/80.

The 2nd Great Wall of India, Pujara is the key.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Wrong play here. 4 bowlers is going to be plenty on this pitch. What India need is insurance in their batting.

Remember NZ need to win, India can afford to draw both matches.

You will need that insurance on the bowling front even though it weakens your batting on case you decide to play Ishant after an injury layoff withy any significant practice.

The kiwis start as favourites and one of the primary reasons will be the in experience of the Indian openers.
If the Indian batters are going in first, and if they can see off the couple of sessions without losing too many, then we have  game on our hands.

Although Our best chance is fielding first, get them out for 250 odd and score 450-500 in the first innings.

Lets hope Rahane and Kohli can bear the brunt of the middle order...

1 minute ago, Sandeep99 said:

Just go with positive frame of mind. India has to start well,  winning toss will help,  but don't throw away any advantage!  Field well..  Fcking brat dude don't drop catches at slip.. Especially that of Williamson 

Last time he dropped mccullum and he went on to score 300 i guess? we had chance to draw series.