BCCI faces an uphill battle to save IPL and Indian cricket from ICC

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

Personally hate IPL, but it should stay the way it is, maybe even expand. Benefits outweigh the negativies. We as individual fans may not like the format and/or the circus tamasha, but needs of Indian cricket far outweigh our personal likes and dislikes. 

If you wanna fill the void in those months there are other avenues. I like that gap because I can follow the complete ATP European clay swing, timings convenient as well :dance:. Besides 12 months international cricket is overkill. 

I just want India to play min. 10-12 tests,

20-22 ODIs every year.

So that a great player who serves the country for 15 years has chance to play 150 tests and 300+ ODIs.

I've stopped giving a damn for the IPL for 7/8 plus years now, just watch the final now if I can remember it.  I want my 10-15 Tests every year and ODIs as @SUMO said.  

HOWEVER, I accept that the IPL is a powerful source and exhibition of India's financial domination, and as an Indian I want us to be THE global giant.   

In the first 5 or 6 decades until the 2000s we were sidekicks if not beggars on the international stage.  Never again.  

Once not so far ago foreign players would detest coming to India.  Today they would probably trade their left nut for the opportunity.

Don't care for the IPL like me? Don't know what to do in the IPL months? 

Make like I do - Read a f*cking book, or many books. Or make like I'd love to do but can't- jack off 24/7.

F*ck 1-2 ICC events a year and f*ck Manohar and his gang.