Sir Don (Hardik) Pandya Fan Club

zen

8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

7:59 is this video - for folks who think Pandya can't "hit on offside".  @Austin 3:!6 

Even in IPL, he got some good shots on the off-side 

^ the last 6

^ brilliant hitting on the off side 

Because of SDP's reputation, bowlers are more focused when bowling to him and tend to bowl way outside the off-stump, which would create that impression that he is not able to hit outside off but most batsmen would struggle with that line. Even in the ODI v Aus where Jadeja hit a few 6s, Aus bowlers hardly bowled anything in the slot to SDP (who had to work harder to get the hits in his 92* MoM knock) but were relatively "off" when bowling to Jadeja, who made good use of the balls bowled in the slot 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

Even in IPL, he got some good shots on the off-side 

^ the last 6

^ brilliant hitting on the off side 

Because of SDP's reputation, bowlers are more focused when bowling to him and tend to bowl way outside the off-stump, which would create that impression that he is not able to hit outside off but most batsmen would struggle with that line. Even in the ODI v Aus where Jadeja hit a few 6s, Aus bowlers hardly bowled anything in the slot to SDP (who had to work harder to get the hits in his 92* MoM knock) but were relatively "off" when bowling to Jadeja, who made good use of the balls bowled in the slot 

I started rating him as a batsman during that home ODI series vs Aus a couple of years ago. He played a couple of very classy straight drives and cover drives. Proper cricket shots, zero slogging or hacking. 

Pandya is many things and he isn’t many things. But he’s no one trick pony with the bat. 

Edited by sandeep
28 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I started rating him as a batsman during that home ODI series vs Aus a couple of years ago. He played a couple of very classy straight drives and cover drives. Proper cricket shots, zero slogging or hacking. 

Pandya is many things and he isn’t many things. But he’s no one trick pony with the bat. 

Yeah .... the issue is that many folks judged him on wrong parameters as if he was a top order batsman w/ the opportunity to play tons of balls rather than seeing that he is among the cream when batting at #6-7.

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Oh boy, the OZ commentators have become big SDP fans .... More than the practise game, they were talking about SDP - his talent, swagger (WI like), how he has won games even in IPL, and so on .... Australians like such players 

Warne called SDP and Rashid Khan as is his 2 fav players right now  I think in one of the games.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Warne called SDP and Rashid Khan as is his 2 fav players right now  I think in one of the games.

Yeah, Warne is a big SDP fan too .... his 3rd and 4th fav could be Stokes & Buttler :hmmm:

Edited by zen

Joined! I was a skeptic before this tour but not anymore! Pandya has been amazing this tour. The mental aspect of his game has been too good. Good thing the next IPL is just a few months away. He will polish his skills and get better with off side batrjng at MI training camp. Thanks bambanis!

12 hours ago, zen said:

Oh boy, the OZ commentators have become big SDP fans .... More than the practise game, they were talking about SDP - his talent, swagger (WI like), how he has won games even in IPL, and so on .... Australians like such players 

they do understand players value much better then us, yaha kabhi aakash chopra n sab ki estimation sun lo lagega nahin ki kabhi cricket bhi kheli hai

43 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they do understand players value much better then us, yaha kabhi aakash chopra n sab ki estimation sun lo lagega nahin ki kabhi cricket bhi kheli hai

Aus has a deeply rooted sports culture. The country does well in a variety of sports .... Melbourne, if I m not wrong, is called the sporting capital of the world