Wretched liberals are everywhere

Stradlater

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

See a Karnataka Padmashri winner who is a transgender. Support from Muslim women on Triple talaq. Religious tolerance is another western construct. We need to expect mutual respect, otherwise it is a one-way street. Now do your Inch Pinch! 

Oh stop this please. Muslim women have been litigating against the Triple Talaq, long before the BJP was a national party or of any relevance. Can you specifically point out what legal help the BJP provided to the afflicted for all those decades of struggle? 

The BJP sure did make it a point to be present in the final shoot. 

8 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Oh stop this please. Muslim women have been litigating against the Triple Talaq, long before the BJP was a national party or of any relevance. Can you specifically point out what legal help the BJP provided to the afflicted for all those decades of struggle? 

The BJP sure did make it a point to be present in the final shoot. 

Which Govt had the gall to pass the law? Your electors have been sitting on the fence since 70 years. When TT is against Sharia and banned even in Islamic countries.

It noted that the custom is banned in the Muslim-majority countries of Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Afghanistan, and Pakistan..”

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Which Govt had the gall to pass the law? Your electors have been sitting on the fence since 70 years. When TT is against Sharia and banned even in Islamic countries.

It noted that the custom is banned in the Muslim-majority countries of Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Afghanistan, and Pakistan..”

The law was on the backs of a SC judgement. Without the judgement there would be no bill to table.

I notice you've skirted the question I posed: What exact help did the BJP offer over all these decades?

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The law was on the backs of a SC judgement. Without the judgement there would be no bill to table.

I notice you've skirted the question I posed: What exact help did the BJP offer over all these decades?

After failed attempts to pass the law after Allahabad HC verdict in 2016, they added it part of the manifesto in 2019, That helped pass the law. Not denying any NGO ground work here. I responded to your equation of Islamic RW=Hindu RW

https://indianexpress.com/photos/india-news/bjp-manifesto-photos-modi-amit-shah-ram-mandir-triple-talaq-elections-2019-5665181/

14 hours ago, Singh bling said:

RW and LW is part of politics from past 120 years and they will remain in discussion.

As far Ambedkar is concerned he is LW.  He saw RW Islam in India mainly the only religion at that time creating riots . So his views were definitely not going to favourable about it.

The problem with current generation of muslims is they believe that their forefathers were standing with Gandhi but in reality they were standing with Jinnah . Their leaders too brainwash them that we are indians by choice by rejecting Pakistan. As LW madly support them and Ambedkar is LW hero so they ignore what he said about Islam.

Now easiest thing to do here is to actually quote the Ambedkar and destroy this argument. But its too east.

21 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

After failed attempts to pass the law after Allahabad HC verdict in 2016, they added it part of the manifesto in 2019, That helped pass the law. Not denying any NGO ground work here. I responded to your equation of Islamic RW=Hindu RW

https://indianexpress.com/photos/india-news/bjp-manifesto-photos-modi-amit-shah-ram-mandir-triple-talaq-elections-2019-5665181/

Right.

So in an ELECTION manifesto in 2019, more than 2 decades after litigation on the case started, BJP makes a mention of this in their manifesto. This is called photo bombing to take credit.

Great contribution.

Also, who has equated the Islamic RW to the Hindu RW?

Read the post that I quoted. @someone doesn't speak about the Islamic RW, but Muslims in general.

8 hours ago, someone said:

AIMPLB had a clear stand on 3T whom didn't believe in woman rights. You should comment against them, not BJP.

What are you on about? Strange that you find the need to hyphenate the BJP and the AIMPLB.

I didn't know that the AIMPLB is the gold standard that you wish the BJP to emulate. 

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Right.

So in an ELECTION manifesto in 2019, more than 2 decades after litigation on the case started, BJP makes a mention of this in their manifesto. This is called photo bombing to take credit.

Great contribution

yeah, you ignored which other party had the gall to put this bill in parliament. . BJP might be riding on the coattails, but at least somebody did. Credit to make it a law comes from ground activism to court verdicts to legislators. It didn’t happen for 70 years shows how our politics works. 

Also, who has equated the Islamic RW to the Hindu RW?

you did

Read the post that I quoted. @someone doesn't speak about the Islamic RW, but Muslims in general.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

What are you on about? Strange that you find the need to hyphenate the BJP and the AIMPLB.

I didn't know that the AIMPLB is the gold standard that you wish the BJP to emulate. 

Strange is you never answer why and how AIMPLB can represent Muslims after their horrible statements on women rights?

And yes, BJP should get credit, because they were only political side against 3T.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:29 AM, someone said:

Strange is you never answer why and how AIMPLB can represent Muslims after their horrible statements on women rights?

And yes, BJP should get credit, because they were only political side against 3T.

Yeah BJP is the show boaty H Pandya who hit the winning 4 at best. The bulk of the batting was done by the Ro Sharmas and Kohlis.

What is your point re AIMPLB? It was a whole host of people, mostly Muslims, who were litigating against the TT.

Also a fair few politicians, some in personal and some in political capacity were with the litigants.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

@ravishingravi

What has that magazine to do with liberals?

One self proclaimed liberal - Salman Khurshid, recently compared Hindutva and RSS to ISIS. This is from ISIS magazine. 

And you are right, the picture has nothing to do with conventional liberal. I am one of them.

But for leftist liberals and ISIS, there are several points of convergence.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:06 PM, Clarke said:

Actually this sounded like a very leftist point of view, it was on CNN main page:

There's nothing more frightening in America today than an angry White man

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/20/us/angry-white-men-trials-blake-cec/index.html

Talk about generalizing

It is true though. Angry white American men are the deadliest evil beings on the planet. Followed by white 'moderates'.