What are you looking forward to this IPL from an India perspective?

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

if he looses one more Wct20 and Rohit wins 1-2 more there wud be a lot of pressure for it .

I can bet you there will be no pressure on Kohli unless he feels the guilt himself and gives up captaincy. He'd have to fail in both home and away bilateral series to lose support of BCCI. He's the biggest player in the Indian team. Look at how BCCI are protecting Dhoni's reputation by not making a strong statement about dropping him even though his best days are clearly behind him. This will go on with Kohli until he's 37-38 and just like Dhoni he will continue to be captain until he gives it up himself.

5 hours ago, Stan AF said:

I'm not looking forward to anything as it always ends up in disappointment wrt indian cricket, but

I want some serious repercussions about IPL's role if we don't win the T20 WC this year or even qualify for the semis. 

This is the 6th T20 world cup since the IPL started in 2008 and we haven't won even one after that. If the tournament isn't helping in winning us T20 WCs maybe it's time we bring about some serious structural changes within the tournament and the domestic system.

We haven't sucked in these tournaments though. Lost to an excellent west indies team in the semis once and in the final against sl where yuvi played that famous innings where we didn't get any momentum and dilshan, mahela and sanga were all retiring. 

Having said that I don't take the ipl seriously and think it is bent and just cheap, summer time entertainment. I only watch it when I'm out drinking and this is almost certainly on in bars at that time or I've got nothing else to see and this is on so I can watch something without paying close attention to it. 

3 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

I can bet you there will be no pressure on Kohli unless he feels the guilt himself and gives up captaincy. He'd have to fail in both home and away bilateral series to lose support of BCCI.

There are already murmurs of ppl wanting rohit captain n at the end India poor result create pressure

Wc t20, Aus series.....few debacles are coming 

Dhoni had srini mama to save hi captaincy, ganguly wont do same. Yes high chance they ll keep going on safe road but If rohit wins 1-2 more IPL it will be serious pressure on kohli 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

There are already murmurs of ppl wanting rohit captain n at the end India poor result create pressure

From who? Fans? TV experts?

Kohli will go back home and win bilateral series after bilateral series and you'll be bombarded with stats about his great record as captain and this will go on even if he does poorly overseas and doesn't win any ICC trophies.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni had srini mama to save hi captaincy, ganguly wont do same.

Ganguly? Lol what is he going to do? He's only BCCI President for 4 more months. He's going to do nothing in that short amount of time. He most certainly isn't going to drop Kohli as captain. Even if he does put pressure on him, before he knows it, his term as President will end and Kohli's reign will go on.

52 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

From who? Fans? TV experts?

all ......let him win one more IPL ull hear it again

Kohli will go back home and win bilateral series after bilateral series and you'll be bombarded with stats about his great record as captain and this will go on even if he does poorly overseas and doesn't win any ICC trophies.

that logic will end some day when the number of defeats in important tournament will increase. 

A lot will also depend on kohli form as batsman, a time comes in every batsman life when runs dont come n thats when question on captaincy even raises more

Ganguly? Lol what is he going to do? He's only BCCI President for 4 more months. He's going to do nothing in that short amount of time. He most certainly isn't going to drop Kohli as captain. Even if he does put pressure on him, before he knows it, his term as President will end and Kohli's reign will go on.

Im sure they are looking at ways to extend his term and even if it changes it ll be his ppl that ll come in charge, 

37 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

all ......let him win one more IPL ull hear it again

What people outside BCCI say means nothing.

38 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that logic will end some day when the number of defeats in important tournament will increase. 

By that time, Kohli will already be an old guy. He will keep people happy winning meaningless bilateral series until then. 

39 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Im sure they are looking at ways to extend his term and even if it changes it ll be his ppl that ll come in charge, 

If it's not Ganguly but "his ppl" then Kohli will be safe. 

He would have to fail both home and away to lose the captaincy. They won't drop him if he has such a strong home record but losing big ICC knockout games. 

One problem is we might get impressed with the big hitting or guys like Sky or Jadhav but they will suck in Aus against the bounce facing anything over 135k.

If DK is in red hot form then he should be in period 

if Pant,Shaw,Samson or even Gill fail they shouldn’t be considered for WT20 because you don’t expect an out of form player struggling in IPL to miraculously turn it around in Australia.

A new star we can absolutely take a punt with but we need to see how these players play pace.

Pandya and Dube can play these legendary knocks in Sunday league uncle tournaments but it means nothing 

19 minutes ago, diga said:

With the t20 world cup in Aus , will the IPL teams prepare pitches with pace and bounce?

Unfortunately no

CSK home team will prepare pitches to suit Chahar/Thakur + army of spinners 

RCB home team will churn out pitches that produce record breaking scores and they will be on the receiving end of most of them.

Delhi Track is Delhi track regardless of format

Rajasthan who cares 

KKR not sure though 

I think MI Punjab and to some extent SRH games usually have good competitive  pitches but now SRH is becoming a mini CSk with dependence on Rashid and knuckle bowlers so not sure what their strategy will be

Edited by maniac

From an India perspective I'm looking forward to the following: 

1. Noob performance in the IPL is not confused with cricketing ability at the international level.

2.  Instead, at best,  it's used as an indicator (one of many and dubious) for ability to survive at the next stage- List A and maybe FC cricket. 

3.  Performance by old hacks - Rayadu, Jadhav et al- is not used as an indicator of some 'return to form'

4.  Lack of performance by players with potential - Samson, Pant, etc- is not used to cast them aside. 

5. The shameless swine in this Indian cricket team who just got buggered in NZ don't use IPL performances to talk loud and walk proud.

6.  Also from an India perspective I'm looking for the following to be hammered:  S. Kaul, S. Thakur

On 3/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, BeautifulGame said:

Watching live cricket from stadium after a year. 

The three new stands opening in Chepauk finally.

Dhoni

I had some Godawful meeting at Guindy last year and the MI vs CSK league match at Chepauk was scheduled the same evening.

I managed to wriggle my way out and attended the game. I loved the vibe. And MI won that game.:ahaa: CSK were out for 109/110. 

My only regret is that Dhoni wasn't playing that day. Even so, the cheer just at the mention of his name was the loudest all evening.

Great experience. I've been to quite a few IPL games at the Wankhede,and the Chepauk atmosphere is so much more livelier in a competitive way. Wankhede has more of a party vibe.

Only problem is that the car park is 1000kms away from the stadium.

Edited by Mariyam
2 hours ago, Lannister said:

Openers (1-2): KL, Devdutt, Shaw, Gill

MO (4-5): Iyer, Pant, Surya Kumar

AR (6): Pandya brothers, Shankar

Spinners (7-8): Axar, Jadeja, Gopal, Gowtham, Kuldeep, Chahar

Pacers (9-11): Bumrah, Prasidh, Saini, Deepak Chahar, Bhuvi, Rajpoot, 

Captaincy: KL

Axar???

Jaiswal is a part time spinner and much better bat. I'd take him over Axar any day.

Even Suresh Raina of today can bowl at par with Axar. And field much better.

34 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Axar???

Jaiswal is a part time spinner and much better bat. I'd take him over Axar any day.

Even Suresh Raina of today can bowl at par with Axar. And field much better.

:winky: 

We need someone to challenge Jadeja for that second all-rounder/spinner's place, and can hold his own at #7. Jaiswal has like 10 years to go before he can get a place in Kohli's team.