How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

I just got the email at work that we are having our annual pi day celebration tomorrow and asked  us to bring in small containers so we can refrigerate easily as  they  only have  two  refrigerators on this floor.

God Bless America.  Kuch bhi ho jaye, annual  donut day, annual pi day, annual bagel day has  to  go on 

18 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Won’t be surprised if they suspend that too, NBA kind of fked them over after calling it off moments later so it put pressure back on them.

19 hours ago, FischerTal said:

March madness going on with no fans in the stands lol

Just as we thought, there was a disruption in NCAa today. They cancelled the March Madness. Bad decision, though,  they should have postponed it instead of cancelling it. 

A couple of people I know are mountain guides on Everest.

Everest is shut down from the Nepal and China sides. This is a big blow to the local business there (on the Nepal side, at least), the money people earn over the 3 month climbing season (i.e. NOW) will sustain them for the remainder of the year.

I've been to Everest a couple of times now (Base camp, no higher). The financial losses incurred by these business mean they may go broke. There is no other source of income in that part of the world other than tourism money through trekking/climbing.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

2 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

A couple of people I know are mountain guides on Everest.

Everest is shut down from the Nepal and China sides. This is a big blow to the local business there (on the Nepal side, at least), the money people earn over the 3 month climbing season (i.e. NOW) will sustain them for the remainder of the year.

I've been to Everest a couple of times now (Base camp, no higher). The financial losses incurred by these business mean they may go broke. There is no other source of income in that part of the world other than tourism money through trekking/climbing.

you said all that to say this "I've been to Everest a couple of times" ?

I feel masks are ineffective if other people around arent wearing them. Masks help in preventing your germs from getting outside, rather than the other way around.

Nevertheless, masks can still helpful as you touch your face less which is very important to do...

Hopefully , in India, people start wearing masks and get more aware...

WFH till next week for now. Originally was happy but now just came back from a grocery store it looks like I visited the set from Zombieland. Empty shelves.

Can’t go to a movie or any where else, No cricket matches or sporting events. Good bless PSL @MechEng :isalute: fine for now but it will start getting on nerves. It’s not like I want to go out all the time in this weather( South Desi genes , 16 degrees C is still miserable weather for me) but just the thought of not being able to do any outdoor activity is kind of making be anxious :wall: