How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Latest statewide data tests and positives.

All tests are symptom based, national average is 4%

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYHXVecXgAA0aWg?format=jpg&name=large

TN has done the max tests and also has big % of positive cases. 300k tested 10k positive, seems like national average.

MH is worse 250k tested 27k positive , nearly 10% 

why are some states like Kar showing such low % 130k tested about 1k positive, less than 1%?

punjab 50k tested, 2k positive (4%)

KeralA tested 42k 500 odd cases

Telangana is the worst when it comes to testing. Its as if they have completely given up on the policy of testing and relying on lockdown. Could backfire big time.

More than 50 million population and less than 20,000 tests is inexcusable. Why is the center not holding them responsible for this and why is the media silent ? AP has similar population and right next door and tested, 220,000 people. 

Edited by kubrickian

Another thing is you have to look at the number of deaths and not the number of cases, in terms of how much it impacts the society. Because 90% of these cases are asymptomatic, in the sense that people dont even know they have it. Even the people who have symptoms will recover mostly and mortality rate in effect is only around 2 or 3 % in most places. So this disease is not as deadly as one may think it is.

8 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

TN has extended the.lockdown till 31st, with existing rules in 12 districts and relaxations in 25 districts.

last week 4/5 guys working in chennai returned to our native village ( mostly labors/unskilled men i think )  .. whole village is in extreme  panic :lol: 

3 buses ferried people from chennai to mostlt thevur  / bhavani/erode/kpm

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Even Maharashtra does it. They are seeing 10% of positive cases from testing, while national average is 4%

Well done by Modi, leaving it upto the states. This is first good step towards opening up. Kejriwal also appreciates. Now, few states will put unnecessary curbs but the pressure will directly be on them. Kejriwal has hinted that he will open up max upto centre's guidelines meaning aside from containment zones, rest of the Delhi would be green ( I think).

Good job by Modi...be it 20 days late.

Edited by randomGuy

23 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Over 6000 cases in India today and still counting. Huge increase. 

Huuge..lol.

We are still daily 1 death per crore people. I don't think it will go up much. Rather death tally could fizzle out at 10k deaths as the logarithmic chart of fatalities for India is telling 

Edited by randomGuy

How do you tackle these kind of idiots ?

Hostile super-spreader prompts intense testing in Mangammanapalya

A COVID-19 patient in Mangammanapalya hid his status with the help of local doctors, prompting municipal and health officials to deploy largescale testing infrastructure to determine the spread of the disease.

On May 12, the BBMP discovered that a Mangammanapalya clinic had failed to report a positive case in Madina Nagar. The patient, P911, is believed to have infected several others.

"Riders put mangoes in their helmets. Others called out like hawkers, encouraging everyone to help themselves." I had 15 crates of mangoes here worth about Rs 30,000. They took everything ~ said the vendor

https://twitter.com/parthpunter/status/1263826768789598209?s=20

When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve ~ The Joker

Thank fully vishal dadlani promised to pay him, im sure he wud also

https://twitter.com/VishalDadlani/status/1263868121603022852?s=20