How is your city/state reacting to this Pandemic Corona

Cricketics

1 hour ago, maniac said:

WFH till next week for now. Originally was happy but now just came back from a grocery store it looks like I visited the set from Zombieland. Empty shelves.

Can’t go to a movie or any where else, No cricket matches or sporting events. Good bless PSL @MechEng :isalute: fine for now but it will start getting on nerves. It’s not like I want to go out all the time in this weather( South Desi genes , 16 degrees C is still miserable weather for me) but just the thought of not being able to do any outdoor activity is kind of making be anxious :wall: 

Even walking outside is risky?

Today in Chennai, I witnessed some govt guy spraying sanitizer over bus stops and pavements. I don't usually say this but thanks to Chennai Corporation for being proactive in these times :nice:. That's probably a good start as commuters, mall goers, shopping centers, movies are all usually packed with people. They have been encouraging people to wash their hands, don't go out. Some effort has been made :two_thumbs_up:

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Today in Chennai, I witnessed some govt guy spraying sanitizer over bus stops and pavements. I don't usually say this but thanks to Chennai Corporation for being proactive in these times :nice:. That's probably a good start as commuters, mall goers, shopping centers, movies are all usually packed with people. They have been encouraging people to wash their hands, don't go out. Some effort has been made :two_thumbs_up:

I called my parents last night on the land line, it first took me to a  recorded message for a couple of minutes (about precautions to deal with coronavirus) before connecting.

good job by BSNL. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Whatever reports we are getting are just the official figures. I think the actual figures could be lot higher. The government knows a lot more than public and they will not reveal facts so people might panic. If the Indian government has put measures to ban schools, malls, public events for this whole month which is unprecedented as far as I could remember , this could be a very serious disease and not just like a new version of flu, like some reports are making you believe. Try to stay indoors as much as possible and be safe. 

1 hour ago, kubrickian said:

Whatever reports we are getting are just the official figures. I think the actual figures could be lot higher. The government knows a lot more than public and they will not reveal facts so people might panic. If the Indian government has put measures to ban schools, malls, public events for this whole month which is unprecedented as far as I could remember , this could be a very serious disease and not just like a new version of flu, like some reports are making you believe. Try to stay indoors as much as possible and be safe. 

Its good to be precautionary but staying indoors is not practical. Even with this scare and most people have seen whats going on in Italy, Germany, USA and obviously China. I had to renew the license and had to go to the RTO. There were your odd coughs you can't do anything about it. Btw don't panic. March is usually the time of colds and coughs in Chennai.

28 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Its good to be precautionary but staying indoors is not practical. Even with this scare and most people have seen whats going on in Italy, Germany, USA and obviously China. I had to renew the license and had to go to the RTO. There were your odd coughs you can't do anything about it. Btw don't panic. March is usually the time of colds and coughs in Chennai.

Stay indoors meaning avoid large gatherings and avoid crowd as much as possible. Obviously doesnt mean you shut yourself inside completely.

5 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

New positive found in kamothe (new Bombay) i stay 5 minutes from there. I work in Accenture and they are yet go give us any days off. 

Well guess I'm *ed. 

Stay safe man.

whats up with these consulting firms. A person I know works for Deloitte, he is an older person and kids are grown up 20+, so they told him that since  he doesn’t  have kids in school he has  to come to work  

Edited by maniac

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Stay safe man.

whats up with these consulting firms. A person I know works for Deloitte, he is an older person and kids are grown up 20+, so they told him that since  he doesn’t  have kids in school he has  to come to work  

Thanks.. And the management in these companies don't give a f really.. Ill show you an actual screenshot of the conversation they have in the offic group, even when provided with true facts.. 

PicsArt_03-15-04.49.44.jpg

I think India's response has been fair including ban on foreign entry. 

Data Analysis and Intelligence should be used to trace travellers in past month and their contacts. 

In Pakistan, i think government is under reporting things. I hope summer comes down hard early and it turns true that virus is not able to survive in summers. 

12 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

They need to declare holiday for schools, colleges and malls. I don't know why edappadi is taking so much time to announce it. Almost all states around us have done so..