Sanjay Manjrekar sacked by Bcci from the commentary team?

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Link the tweets that you claim are real. And why are you defending manjrekar with csk tweets how are they related ?.  Manju got thrown out for being poor at his job and being biased and negative. It should be welcome. You should not defend him with your regional bias and irrational hate for some random franchaise.

Dude no point in defending manju. I must have tweeted on social media multiple times to get rid of him. Point is CSK has no business to talk about him also i posted reply from that tweet which idk might be fake or real (deleted tweets).

Edit looks like real tweets.

2vsOYFK.jpg

Match did happen on that date and pandey did get bowled by bollinger.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8082/scorecard/465139/chennai-super-kings-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-1st-semi-final-champions-league-twenty20-2010-11

1pKDFqU.jpg

2011 IPL Auction were on 9th Jan.

PrLOdMT.jpg

India were playing test match against SA on same date and india were 43/1 according to scorecard.

Scorecard: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/13009/scorecard/463147/south-africa-vs-india-2nd-test-india-tour-of-south-africa-2010-11

I doubt someone faking this all will do everything in such details imo. Leave date even time looks perfectly correct according to match time.

Edited by Nikola
35 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dude no point in defending manju. I must have tweeted on social media multiple times to get rid of him. Point is CSK has no business to talk about him also i posted reply from that tweet which idk might be fake or real (deleted tweets).

2vsOYFK.jpg

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8082/scorecard/465139/chennai-super-kings-vs-royal-challengers-bangalore-1st-semi-final-champions-league-twenty20-2010-11

1pKDFqU.jpg

PrLOdMT.jpg

India were playing test match against SA on same date and india were 43/1 according to scorecard.

Scorecard: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/13009/scorecard/463147/south-africa-vs-india-2nd-test-india-tour-of-south-africa-2010-11

I doubt someone faking this all will do everything in such details imo. Leave date even time looks perfectly correct according to match time.

Fake handle or some parody ****, very common on SM space. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Nope i don't think it's fake now. Looks 100% real tweets which were deleted after fans from other teams started trolling them couple of years ago.

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Looks like those tweets were not deleted till this went viral. Read replies to confirm.

Btw didn't want to post this all in this thread so hope these post gets moved to some ipl related thread or any other one.

Edited by Nikola
10 hours ago, beetle said:

BCCI did the right thing.

How long can a guy keep making Indian fans squirm with his bordering on anti Indian stance and constant disappointments at Indian sucess.

He may be a good analyst but the cost to the fans is too big.

The game is about the followers ,not the biased views of commentators.

He wasn't such a great batsman that followers need to suffer him so long .

Since when commentators have become that important that they start bothering you? Cannot understand the joy here at removal of a commentator? Seriously?

BCCI should remove the captain or coach, so as to bring some much needed changes in Indian cricket.

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I have a counter view: In an IPL game, good technical analysis is not what the viewer wants. I really couldn't care less about why the bowler should have bowled an off break delivery or why the fielder at long on should have been at silly on or whatever. I only want my commentators to be lively, fairly witty, and not speak in a drab monotone.

Just on those counts I'd not like to have Manjrekar anywhere near the commentary box. Don't even get me started on Harsha.

Siddhu, Ganguly and Dean Jones added to the fun quotient. Best IPL commentary team.

:facepalm:

Some of the things he said

He said Sachin was done during his tennis elbow issue: well sure it came from a place of  bitterness but Sachin himself thought of retiring around 2007. Sure he came back like a boss and made him look like a fool and whatever Manju’s intent was he said what a lot of people thought and couldn’t say because it involved Sachin.

Criticism of Jadeja: 90% of  ICF members have posted a meme or said a joke about Jadeja and how useless he was in LOIs at some point or the other. Why are we rubbing it in on Manju when he called Jadeja a bits and pieces player? We all know that was a fluke knock which he will never play again and in fact if it’s a slap on Manjrekar’s face, we need to be embarrassed too because we have said the same thing about him for years 

Calling Pollard brainless : yes that is racist and it is stupid of him to say it in public but we have all called WI players especially T20 experts like Pollard,Russell etc as brainless some time it the other.

Now I really don’t know what he said about Vajpayee :dontknow:

Anyway Manjrekar was a good alternative. We have too many one dimensional folk out there doing commentary 

Edited by maniac
48 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Mariyam Siddhu is great only the first couple of times you hear him and then it gets old really fast and then on the nerves.

Yes, his shtick gets repetitive. No doubt. But people like Manjrekar and Harsha are not even fun to hear the first couple of times.

Siddhu pans out his narrative in an anecdotal manner instead of giving some random factoids/stats a la Harsha.

Apni apni pasand.

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Since when commentators have become that important that they start bothering you? Cannot understand the joy here at removal of a commentator? Seriously?

BCCI should remove the captain or coach, so as to bring some much needed changes in Indian cricket.

Wtf!...commentators can spoil ones entire experience of watching.

People should not have to mute everytime a commentator comes on.

He is a negative when it comes to fans watching the game.

The joy comes from not having to pull our hair out or lose the viewing pleasure by muting .

10 hours ago, Nikola said:

2vsOYFK.jpg

1pKDFqU.jpg

PrLOdMT.jpg

Man none of this is a link to a tweet. Why do you think csk will diss rahul dravid he was employed by india cements for a long time. Whether you like it or not india cements has been a long time patron of Indian cricket long before modi and ipl.

And manjrekar is a piece off **** i wish all franchaises tweet against his petty regional bs. Mi most of all dont need his bs. 

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Man none of this is a link to a tweet. Why do you think csk will diss rahul dravid he was employed by india cements for a long time. Whether you like it or not india cements has been a long time patron of Indian cricket long before modi and ipl.

And manjrekar is a piece off **** i wish all franchaises tweet against his petty regional bs. Mi most of all dont need his bs. 

Well they did tweet it. See my last post.

I know he is crap and all but every commentator is biased these days. Have you heard VVS? Manju has spoken against sachin, rahane and even rohit many times but you will remember only times he praised them.

Edited by Nikola
1 minute ago, Nikola said:

Well they did tweet it. See my last post.

You have jpeg image which is copy from the fake meme and match link where are tweet links lol. Dude one can wake a sleeping guy not some one pretending to sleep. Keep hating csk i dont care i am happy sanju manju cant spoil another fans experience now. Good riddance for fans except some regional mumbaikar fan.  

Just now, Vilander said:

You have jpeg image which is copy from the fake meme and match link where are tweet links lol. Dude one can wake a sleeping guy not some one pretending to sleep. Keep hating csk i dont care i am happy sanju manju cant spoil another fans experience now. Good riddance for fans except some regional mumbaikar fan.  

Lol kidding me? Tweet is deleted year ago. Read those replies no one said it was fake back then only replies were why are you digging 10 year old tweet and bla bla. 

4 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Lol kidding me? Tweet is deleted year ago. Read those replies no one said it was fake back then only replies were why are you digging 10 year old tweet and bla bla. 

Still just jpeg i have lost interest now. but the other question. Dravid employee of india cements was paid lots of money they dont need to diss their own. Ok leaving that aside. 

How is this relevant to your great manjrekar being kicked out of his job. I am wondering.