Sanjay Manjrekar sacked by Bcci from the commentary team?

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Still just jpeg i have lost interest now. but the other question. Dravid employee of india cements was paid lots of money they dont need to diss their own. Ok leaving that aside. 

How is this relevant to your great manjrekar being kicked out of his job. I am wondering.

It all began from that post which you think is fake and i think is real. Maybe we will have debate over this in other thread in future.

@Nikola That tweet is most likely created by meme creators. Lots of misinfo being spread in social media like twitter and facebook. I have seen some desi guy whispering coronavirus to Donald Trump in a stage followed by Trump swiveling as though someone is about to punch him and the secret service rushing in to protect Trump. If you believe this to be true, then the desi guy near Trump in a stage must also be true :laugh: Anywho this is not in anyway related to Manju getting ejected from his golden parachute career. Why get so defensive. You are not from Mumbai I guess why defend a mumbaikar :noidea: who has always boasted about Mumbai cricket. Most of us think he is a shitty commentator not as a shitty mumbai commentator who deserves the sack

Edited by Real McCoy
3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

As obvious as it gets, sennai fans rejoicing at his departure :laugh:

I'm not sure its only Chennai fans but fans throughout India who can't tolerate his whiny commentary and his inferiority complex on air vis-a-vis foreign players and Immy. Seems the only thing he used to cope with his insecurity is by focusing on the Mumbai school of batting as though schools in Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata are somewhat inferior. Hate is such a strong word for him. Pity is what I use :laugh: But still don't want someone as pathetic as Manju. Name something Manju brings to the table as far as commentary is concerned. I'm struggling to think of anything. The only Indian commentator who is worth listening to is Sunny G but is going senile these days and guess where he is from. Harsha is another if he sticks to cricket. He is quite the dick when he chooses to and he does off TV.

On 3/14/2020 at 7:53 AM, maniac said:

Why are we celebrating someone losing their job?

Also now enjoy constant sucking up to Kohli,BCCI,Dhoni etc without an alternate view point.

Manjrekar was the only guy at times who called out Dhoni and Kohli.

Yes he has his Mumbai bias or love for Imran but everyone has their quirks.

Enjoy constant sucking only going forward.

If we ignore his pessimistic views, his liking for medium pace hits the new found machoness of Indian fans here.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, maniac said:

Some of the things he said

He said Sachin was done during his tennis elbow issue: well sure it came from a place of  bitterness but Sachin himself thought of retiring around 2007. Sure he came back like a boss and made him look like a fool and whatever Manju’s intent was he said what a lot of people thought and couldn’t say because it involved Sachin.

Criticism of Jadeja: 90% of  ICF members have posted a meme or said a joke about Jadeja and how useless he was in LOIs at some point or the other. Why are we rubbing it in on Manju when he called Jadeja a bits and pieces player? We all know that was a fluke knock which he will never play again and in fact if it’s a slap on Manjrekar’s face, we need to be embarrassed too because we have said the same thing about him for years 

Calling Pollard brainless : yes that is racist and it is stupid of him to say it in public but we have all called WI players especially T20 experts like Pollard,Russell etc as brainless some time it the other.

Now I really don’t know what he said about Vajpayee :dontknow:

Anyway Manjrekar was a good alternative. We have too many one dimensional folk out there doing commentary 

How is that racist? He did not call Pollard a n***** right? 

Edited by MechEng
47 minutes ago, Vilander said:

so rest of India was happy to hear his confessions of love for Imran Khan ? what is wrong with you man ? ( rhetorical ! dont answer it as absolutely no one cares)

Most Indian players from that era  have shown love form Imran because they view him from a Perspective of a colleague who probably was nice to them off the field.

We view him as a politician. Not defending Sanju here though because he does go overboard to a point that defies  rational logic.

Having said that why should we happy someone losing their job because their views don’t match with us?

He has made some good points too which a lot of others left alone in fear of stirring up the pot 

Edited by maniac

Wow, seems many take commentary over-seriously. I watch the sport, not for the commentary. The only thing that bothers me when these commentaries start talking about themselves within the playing time. Probably many recent retired cricketers like Sehwag is guilty of that.

52 minutes ago, maniac said:

He has made some good points too which a lot of others left alone in fear of stirring up the pot 

Thats all he does. Otherwise his commentary lacks any insights. He made the good points by stirring up the pot. Could have done without stirring it up but he chose that option. Commentary is not about creating mirchy to the spectators. Its not a reality series. There are some who do it with class like Richie Benaud, Tony Cozier, etc. If you want to think of a commentator in Manju's age group or lesser, think Bishop, Hussain, Sanga. These are decent commentators who stay on topic but leave the viewers interested with more tactics, different ideas and more importantly don't annoy them. Manju and co have made Aussie new guys seem bearable. Who would prefer a motor mouth like Slater, Healy over Manju. Manju is really that bad. He was kept by the BCCI out of pity so that he can earn some pension.

14 minutes ago, someone said:

Wow, seems many take commentary over-seriously. I watch the sport, not for the commentary. The only thing that bothers me when these commentaries start talking about themselves within the playing time. Probably many recent retired cricketers like Sehwag is guilty of that.

Its only natural to keep the volume high to hear the crowd reaction and soak in the atmosphere and when these pesky commentators do their talking its jarring to most people. Go to aussie forums and take a look at what they say about Healy, Slater. I would gladly take them over Manju

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Most Indian players from that era  have shown love form Imran because they view him from a Perspective of a colleague who probably was nice to them off the field.

We view him as a politician. Not defending Sanju here though because he does go overboard to a point that defies  rational logic.

Having said that why should we happy someone losing their job because their views don’t match with us?

I am sorry i can sense straw-men and virtue signaling in that post, very unlike what i have seen from you generally.

I have not asked anyone to be happy for his job loss.

I dont view Imran as a politician he is a pakistani so rabidly hates Hindus. 

Neither have i said i am happy for Manrekar loosing a job, infact i did say Imran should invite Manju to commentate in PSL(lol).

I am happy i dont have to listen to his BS anymore in BCCI events or have to mute and spoil my experience, i am very happy that he is gone. 

I think his love for imran is at a unhealthy level for someone in public discourse in India, Imran is a Indian Hindus hater and an Enemy. so sorry there is no need for anyone to spread any love for him in India, let enemies of India do that. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

so rest of India was happy to hear his confessions of love for Imran Khan ? what is wrong with you man ? ( rhetorical ! dont answer it as absolutely no one cares)

He has some issue with Chennai always calls it sennai. Maybe some autodriver ripped him off and he carries that resentment over to the IPL so much that he roots for CSK's main rival MI