Anime/Manga Thread

I6MTW

7 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Yep. Only Yesterday has a rating of 7.5 online. I don't know why. It's criminally underrated.

fully agreed. there are 2-3 that I regard as ATG anime movies that somehow has score of <8 on myanimelist, etc. one is only yesterday and the other is wings of honnemaise; there may be some others I forgot.

Took me a while to do it, but I finished rewatching "The Promised Neverland" (season 1). Although I don't agree with assessments that call it ATG or anime-of-the-year, it was undoubtedly an excellent series: the camera angles and direction in particular are quite outstanding.

Edited by Vijy

this season (winter 2022) has been mixed. Demon Slayer did, however, finish its best arc and Ranking of Kings is very good. My Dress-Up Darling has some appealing characters, and so does Akebi's Sailor Uniform. but that's about it apart from Sabikui Bisco, which is at least entertaining.

Spring 2021 anime has at least 4 series that have left a strong positive impact on me so far:

Summer time rendering: A mystery/thriller that is reminiscent of Re: Zero

Kaguya-sama season 3: the wackiness, comedy, and warmth has been further enhanced

Spy x Family: Deftly merges romance, comedy, family, drama, spy, action into a complete package

Ya boy Kongming! - somehow pulls off a combo of tribute to "Romance of three Kingdoms" with music and songs in modern era.

and there are 5-6 other shows that are really good.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:27 AM, Vijy said:

Spring 2021 anime has at least 4 series that have left a strong positive impact on me so far:

Summer time rendering: A mystery/thriller that is reminiscent of Re: Zero

Kaguya-sama season 3: the wackiness, comedy, and warmth has been further enhanced

Spy x Family: Deftly merges romance, comedy, family, drama, spy, action into a complete package

Ya boy Kongming! - somehow pulls off a combo of tribute to "Romance of three Kingdoms" with music and songs in modern era.

and there are 5-6 other shows that are really good.

Kotaro lives alone is good as well. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:54 PM, Prakat said:

i've only seen the live-action. why did they make an anime of that show?

not uncommon for both live-action and anime versions of manga to exist. one of the most famous is "nodame cantabile"

On 5/2/2022 at 7:25 AM, Lone Wolf said:

@Vijy do watch Arcane on Netflix superb season 1.

Already watched it a few months back. Superb show, as you wrote!

I still think Japanese animation (anime) tackles a slightly more broader/deeper array of topics than their US counterparts, but US animation is witnessing a massive resurgence.

@Lone Wolf Not as remarkable as Arcane, but The Legend of Vox Machina (Amazon Prime) is another enjoyable watch.