Watch Thread !!!

velu

3 hours ago, velu said:

i had no intention to sell pepsi ..

when my dealer asked me whtehr i want kermit , i cant say no .. i hate jubilee bracelet , so thought of keeping kermit insated of pepsi 

I see what you mean, the jubilee doesn't suit sports models but can't you just order a separate oyster bracelet? And then maybe sell the jubilee online? 

9 hours ago, Ranvir said:

I see what you mean, the jubilee doesn't suit sports models but can't you just order a separate oyster bracelet? And then maybe sell the jubilee online? 

Older Pepsi models have oyster bracelet .

Rolex don't sell bracelets , also customising the watch voids warrenty 

We can play with leather straps , very few watches have changable bracelets 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:55 PM, Ranvir said:

This is my dream watch, the Bulgari Octo Finissimo Skeleton in ceramic. Just 5mm thick. This is the future of watch making.

spacer.png

The problem is that it costs £21,000. If Audemars Piguet made this, they'd probably charge 3 times the price. I don't think I'd ever get bored of this piece, there's so much going on.

Bulgari have even produced a watch which is just 1.8mm thick.

They say don't meet your heroes, I tried an Octo Finissimo and it just didn't work on my wrist. Also tried on a couple of Royal Oaks which were very nice but £20,000 nice? I don't think so. The 16202 was a very dainty piece.

I also got told I have no chance of getting a submariner. The staff at the Audemars Piguet and Vacheron Constantin boutiques were far more polite.

4 hours ago, Ranvir said:

They say don't meet your heroes, I tried an Octo Finissimo and it just didn't work on my wrist. Also tried on a couple of Royal Oaks which were very nice but £20,000 nice? I don't think so. The 16202 was a very dainty piece.

I also got told I have no chance of getting a submariner. The staff at the Audemars Piguet and Vacheron Constantin boutiques were far more polite.

never seen glashutte original watches , in many channels they say one of the best alternative to sub is seaq ( i hate grand seiko and their stupid limited edition watches every month )..

04-GO-Time-To-Move.jpg

watch guys gave really good feedback about alange sohne  experience ( even if we don't have any intention to buy they treat us with all the info )  ..

i really dont have any need for a dress watch , if i need i will go their entry level 

1466593.png?impolicy=cropresize&cropheig

43 minutes ago, velu said:

never seen glashutte original watches , in many channels they say one of the best alternative to sub is seaq ( i hate grand seiko and their stupid limited edition watches every month )..

04-GO-Time-To-Move.jpg

watch guys gave really good feedback about alange sohne  experience ( even if we don't have any intention to buy they treat us with all the info )  ..

i really dont have any need for a dress watch , if i need i will go their entry level 

1466593.png?impolicy=cropresize&cropheig

I did see the SeaQ today, it's nice but I really do think Rolex make the best looking divers however I'm really put off with the attitudes in their ADs and I won't be pursuing them further.

I basically took the day off to look at watches in Central London today. I did register interest for a Royal Oak 15500, the staff were very courteous but did tell me the demand is extremely high and that it's unlikely to happen.

I also put my name down for a Vacheron Constantin Overseas and again the staff were great, I think this watch may be possible to get.

I wasn't impressed with Grand Seiko in the flesh, too bland looking for my tastes and the diver wasn't nice. Japanese watches like their cars may have the best tech but their designs are someway off from the best of Europe.

If you're ever in London I recommend going to Harrods and Bond Street, a watch lover's paradise. Seeing the watches in person is extremely important before pulling the trigger, youtube makes most watches look better than they are and sometimes watches that don't look so good are better in person.

Edited by Ranvir

16 hours ago, velu said:

Older Pepsi models have oyster bracelet .

Rolex don't sell bracelets , also customising the watch voids warrenty 

We can play with leather straps , very few watches have changable bracelets 

That's a massive pain but again it's a great marketing trick by Rolex (they are the masters of this). Create more hype and demand by releasing the exact same watch but with a different strap. Better than Omega who will release 100 cheesy limited editions.