Unrest mounts across multiple US cities over the death of George Floyd

Trichromatic

Looters are morons and should be arrested but on that note Trump has been also really shyt leader. He ahould have come out and give  some sort of speech by now to give assurity to the Black people that the government will look inton not only providing proper justice to Lloyd’s family but will also ensure not every Black man in the country is treated like Lloyd for no reason.

A lot od them do behave like thugs and deserve to be arrested but there is surely some stereotype too. Thumbs down to Trump’s leadership and all those looters who misused this protest platform to destroy public property and destroy small businesses.

11 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

A valid question, indeed. 

A sensible President would advocate that himself. The current one hasn't even spoken to Dr Fauci in 2 weeks. 

Part of the reason may be that the general public doesn't really understand silent killers like covid 19 well and seems to accept 1-2k daily casualty count as mere statistics. The third degree murder and subsequent arson and looting however are much more graphic & hence provoking in their view. Trump likely sees this as an opportunity of consolidating his base. I'm not aware of Biden's statements and hope it's not just election math that guides the response.

Edited by Clarke

5 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Looters are morons and should be arrested but on that note Trump has been also really shyt leader. He ahould have come out and give  some sort of speech by now to give assurity to the Black people that the government will look inton not only providing proper justice to Lloyd’s family but will also ensure not every Black man in the country is treated like Lloyd for no reason.

A lot od them do behave like thugs and deserve to be arrested but there is surely some stereotype too. Thumbs down to Trump’s leadership and all those looters who misused this protest platform to destroy public property and destroy small businesses.

Was going to Walmart today, cops asked me if I was a protester? I said no and then they didn't allow me to enter walmart because there was vandalism going on.

6 hours ago, MechEng said:

Was going to Walmart today, cops asked me if I was a protester? I said no and then they didn't allow me to enter walmart because there was vandalism going on.

Yes, its pathetic that they can't stop Vandalism now. I mean come on. A lot of cops are now scared to even do the right thing. This is a complete mess. 

It's also western history and their supremacy which is at stake. They have risen to power through slaves, genocides, exploitation. And it was only in recent times at the peak of their power, that they transformed themselves into the secular, liberals kind. There is alot hypocrisy and white-washing

Yet, the hatred is deep-rooted. It was combination of discrimination and exploitation. This western model is something we shouldn't emulate.

You know, I have never come across any of these twitter types in real life. Most indians know nothing about america or american society.

I'm also pretty sure the average indian doesn't know, or care, about anything that's happening in america.

this is only relevant to NRIs, media, and a handful of people with too much time on their hands.

2 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Vinod dua, like barkha, lost his 'status' a long time ago.

Now, he's basically a cheap pen for hire....

Barkha Dutt is understandable, her crush was a Kashmiri, so the bias is understandable.

But someone of Vinod Dua's credibility inciting anarchy was unexpected.