COVID-19 situation in India

Trichromatic

1 hour ago, sergio04 said:

So we should citicise gujrat govt. for handling of covid19.

At the same time have to appreciate karnatka govt. for their efforts.

Sure.

But above post is not an appreciation for Karnataka govt. It's a dig at media and complaining about their appreciation for NZ, when it's clear that appreciation is not for total count, but for ending the covid which Karnataka govt hasn't done yet.

Whoever tweeted that clearly has no ability to realize that and it's worse that people are falling for it.

15 hours ago, kosingh said:

100% agree. 

Look at it another way- how many people who need tests in Delhi are able to get one? A small proportion, unfortunately. 

I am sitting here in the US. But my dad is a doctor at one of the covid hospitals in Delhi. His speciality is completely unrelated to virus infections or emergency medicine. But hospitals are so under staffed that every doctor is being requested to help out. For the most part, they have given up on testing. Most patients are unable to get a test even with a note from the doctor/hospital. They are diagnosing and treating based on symptoms. These cases don't count toward official numbers.  

It is a nightmare for hospitals, doctors and patients. And Kejriwal is making things worse. Instead of going after hospitals, he needs to go after the many pathology labs that refuse to do covid testing. They refuse even to examine collected samples.  He also needs to go after those supplying test kits. Remember all the nautanki a few weeks ago about India developing its own testing kits? Feluda? Results available super quickly? Whatever happened!

It's Kejriwal's mandate to put a cap on the tests. Labs can only test certain number of people per day.  They are not increasing testing per day. Delhi and Mumbai need more testing to filter out the infected so that they can be quarantined. The biggest problem is doctors contracting the virus. It has them in fear too and there are also people who are recovering without much treatment.

7 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

and yet this kind of random crap is posted here.

Population density of Bangalore is 4300 per square kilometres, NZ 18 per square kilometres. So it's no rocket science that they have been able to tackle it better. You also need include much more aware and disciplined citizens.  Yahan dalay mumbai hot spot hai aur hundreds are walking on marine drive. Chutiyappe ki had hai is desh k logo ki.

Covid-19: Number of recoveries exceed active cases for first time

The number of recovered Covid-19 patients has exceeded the total active cases in India for the first time on Wednesday, according to the Union Health Ministry data.

India reported close to 10,000 new instances of the infection in the last 24 hours till Wednesday 8 am, pushing the country’s cumulative caseload to over 2.7 lakh.

Click here for full Covid-19 coverage

The country has recorded 279 new fatalities due to Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the death toll to 7,745.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/covid-19-number-of-recoveries-exceed-active-cases-for-first-time/story-uA0C6zESJTdkl9UQ2lHc2M.html

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

and yet this kind of random crap is posted here.

You started by posting tweets of NZ being covid free. Mine was in response. All moot now, liberal on twitter will never see brighter side of things in India, but tout negative stuff till cows come home.

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You started by posting tweets of NZ being covid free. Mine was in response. All moot now, liberal on twitter will never see brighter side of things in India, but tout negative stuff till cows come home.

You don't have to post random illogical tweets to see the positive side. 

This is not NZ thread. 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok, fair enough.

And I am not saying that goverment of Karnataka hasn't done good work, they have probably been among best in India. But we should keep things in mind:

1. Their task is more difficult that what NZ did

2. Their job isn't done yet.

Either way I feel people who are comparing both scenario are not happy by what Karnataka did, rather they are hurt by success and attention which NZ is getting. No need to promote such people.