Sushant singh rajput commits suicide, found hanging in his apartment

Ankit_sharma03

At the end of the day, it was Sushant's choice. That's the hard and harsh reality. There are many actors who do other do from elementary things (security guard, waiter) to other businesses. And there are some actors who have just quit the industry. So there is much more to the world, than Bollywood. One should not be dependent or emotional about that single one profession.

2 hours ago, someone said:

At the end of the day, it was Sushant's choice. That's the hard and harsh reality. There are many actors who do other do from elementary things (security guard, waiter) to other businesses. And there are some actors who have just quit the industry. So there is much more to the world, than Bollywood. One should not be dependent or emotional about that single one profession.

i feel being a successful academic moulded him into being Results driven. And when faced with a rigged system something inside him broke. Sorry about the pop psych.

5 hours ago, someone said:

It’s easier said than done.  During the recession period in 2007-2009, I was witness to a lot of 6 figured salary white collar employees working in Walmart or even Indian grocery stores in the US. While it’s admirable that you have to do what you have to do to support your family, I can bet that most of those guys were mentally frustrated or not happy with their situation.

Its easy for us to say. Not every person is the same and will react differently.

You can’t blame 1 individual or group of individuals  for this. It’s easy for us to say, but just for example how many hit movies % do people like Sonam Kapoor or other nepotism kids have? Despite that they are still relevant. On the other hand a guy who has been consistently delivering hits always seems to be 1-2 flops away from fading into obscurity. That is not fair. Please don’t say “Life is not fair”, it isn’t but doesn’t mean everyone has to be optimistic or take it lying even if they constantly get pardon my French “f in the a “ every single moment 

6 hours ago, maniac said:

It’s easier said than done.  During the recession period in 2007-2009, I was witness to a lot of 6 figured salary white collar employees working in Walmart or even Indian grocery stores in the US. While it’s admirable that you have to do what you have to do to support your family, I can bet that most of those guys were mentally frustrated or not happy with their situation.

Its easy for us to say. Not every person is the same and will react differently.

You can’t blame 1 individual or group of individuals  for this. It’s easy for us to say, but just for example how many hit movies % do people like Sonam Kapoor or other nepotism kids have? Despite that they are still relevant. On the other hand a guy who has been consistently delivering hits always seems to be 1-2 flops away from fading into obscurity. That is not fair. Please don’t say “Life is not fair”, it isn’t but doesn’t mean everyone has to be optimistic or take it lying even if they constantly get pardon my French “f in the a “ every single moment 

SSR had supposedly a net worth of 50Cr. So that makes him in the Top 1% or 5% for India. He was in a different league relatively, and you cannot ignore that.  SSR was unique category, successful and relatively stable. There are many actors who don't get work for many years, even those with big connections.

So unless there is some huge hidden debts, any professional conflicts or financial reasons is not easy to believe.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:33 AM, someone said:

SSR had supposedly a net worth of 50Cr. So that makes him in the Top 1% or 5% for India. He was in a different league relatively, and you cannot ignore that.  SSR was unique category, successful and relatively stable. There are many actors who don't get work for many years, even those with big connections.

So unless there is some huge hidden debts, any professional conflicts or financial reasons is not easy to believe.

To be in top 1% of earners in India requires an annual income of $77,000 (₹55 lakh), according to data compiled by Bloomberg. While it takes $107,000 to enter the group in China, the UK requires $248,000. To join the top 1% in UAE requires $900,000, or 12 times more income than in India. The threshold for Singapore is $722,000.

https://inshorts.com/en/news/how-much-income-does-it-take-to-be-in-top-1-of-earners-around-the-world-1581211800121#:~:text=To be in top 1% of earners in India requires,to data compiled by Bloomberg.

I recently saw a forwarded video of some girl doing mimicry of other actresses. I thought she was very good. Turns out she is Johnny lever’s daughter. Not some random YouTuber but the daughter of a comedy legend and one of the greatest comics produced by India. However got me thinking, she is  not good looking in the conventional standard  we have set in the society but definitely has a Presence about her and clearly very talented.  So this debate about Nepotism vs real talent is over simplification of the problem. It runs way deeper and the focus should be on the so called mafia that have their grip and their own classist and  racist mindset on who is a star. I am sure if she was in Hollywood she would get a star vehicle highlighting her strengths and talent. Not saying she is the most talented one out there but she has the background backed up by some skill and still is struggling to catch a break. This issue is worse than it appears and there are a lot more victims of this mafia.

Gotta crack up on the benefactors of nepotism whining about it. First it was Abhay Deol complaining about Hritik getting the frontline space for ZNMD.

Its Saif Ali Khan of all people claiming to be a victim of nepotism. Whats more, he "got the feeling" that Sushant was brighter than him. No $h1t sherlock, brighter than all of you starkids by some measure!

On 7/2/2020 at 7:08 AM, Clarke said:

Gotta crack up on the benefactors of nepotism whining about it. First it was Abhay Deol complaining about Hritik getting the frontline space for ZNMD.

Its Saif Ali Khan of all people claiming to be a victim of nepotism. Whats more, he "got the feeling" that Sushant was brighter than him. No $h1t sherlock, brighter than all of you starkids by some measure!

I generally don't like movies anymore - bollywood or hollywood. But Saif is one guy that is especially foolish. So many times he has talked about how he is a self made man. 

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

What did she say ?

Mahesh Bhatt offered her a role in a movie about heroism of a suicide bomber, she rejected it on grounds of ideology (Bhatt wanted to portray security forces badly and justify the terrorist's choice), so he went into violent rage, chased her around a room to assault her before his daughter saved Kangana. After that incident (or before, not sure) he stopped her from attending her own movie's premiere and threw chappals at her, yelled at/cursed her. Bhatt also tried to create rift between Sushant and his GF, spread BS gossip about Sushant's mental state.

Edited by Gollum

Simi Garewal reveals a 'powerful' person viciously tried to destroy her career

Veteran actress Simi Garewal says a "powerful" person had viciously tried to destroy her career, but she stayed silent. She got encouragement to open up about her own experience after actress Kangana Ranaut made sensational statements following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. "I applaud #KanganaRanaut who is braver & bolder than I am. Only I know how a 'powerful' person has viciously tried to destroy my career. I stayed silent. Because I am not so brave... @KanganaOffical," Simi, popular for starring in films like "Mera Naam Joker" and "Karz", tweeted.

"I don't know what all of you felt after watching #KanganaSpeaksToArnab ..but it has left me quite depressed..I'm distraught at what  SushantSingRajput endured .. and also what many 'outsiders' go through in Bollywood.. it must change!"

Simi feels that Sushant's death maybe the "harbinger of an awakening in Bollywood". "When George Floyd was killed in America it set forth an awakening. In the same way #SushantSingRajput 's death maybe the harbinger of an awakening in Bollywood," she wrote.

Meanwhile, Kangana had said in a recent interview: "Eighteen brands dropped me within 2 months. Maybe I didn't have the thought of killing myself but definitely shaving my head off and disappearing."

"My relatives didn't let their children meet me because you turned me into a nymphomaniac. Called me so many things in public. As a girl, having a marriage and a child is no more an option for me. They turned Sushant also into a rapist. How will he go back to Bihar' Small cities don't value money, they value respect," she said, reports republicworld.com.

Sushant was found hanging at his residence on June 14. The postmortem report stated that the actor committed suicide. The case is still being investigated by Mumbai Police.