Sushant singh rajput commits suicide, found hanging in his apartment

Ankit_sharma03

9 minutes ago, beetle said:

Or that death  just triggered his thoughts.

There was some mention that he had stopped taking his meds....totally unrelaiable source.

Sometime the meds can stop someone from taking such decisions 

It is called existential depression, we appear normal but some trigger makes one desperate 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Apne time me JEE, AIEEE alag exams the. HC Verma, Resnick Halliday good for AIEEE/BITSAT/NISER/WBJEE questions but Irodov question bank ka toh alag hi level tha. Of course Arihant used to sell solved answers books but what's the use? 

Physics and organic chemistry *ed me up badly in my attempt :((

Edited by randomGuy

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

It was chemistry for me which f*cked me up.... physics was okish...maths was good I guess...I got 99.7%ile in cat in quant (overall 99.1) ...aieee 600 rank thx mainly to math, iit-mains 3900, iit math paper went horrible...never took coaching, never took more than 1 attempt or dropped an year for preparing.

Edited by Gollum
digression

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You did well. After two years of tuitions (no coaching centre in my town, besides private tuitions more common in Bengal) I got 7000ish rank in JEE, 5000ish in AIEEE. Did better in WBJEE but never wanted to go to Jadavpur much to the disappointment of my mother. Didn't even go for JEE counseling after my rank, got my preferred stream in NIT Warrangal/Trichy/Surathkal but wasn't in the mood. Also scored 330 in BITSAT but since Pilani was in the middle of nowhere (even did a recce after the exam) went to the Goa branch, risky decision then since Pilani was the old campus...but glad I made that decision, degree from common University, similar faculty/infra and lot more fun in those 4 years in Goa. 

Which college did you attend? 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

It was chemistry for me which f*cked me up.... physics was okish...maths was good I guess...I got 99.7%ile in cat in quant (overall 99.1) ...aieee 600 rank thx mainly to math, iit-mains 3900, iit math paper went horrible...never took coaching, never took more than 1 attempt or dropped an year for preparing.

A very serious thread digressed to entrance exam scores :p:

Awesome BITSAT score @Gollum and AIEEE rank @randomGuy

17 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Yeah sorry for the digression, deleting my post, don't want to be an insensitive dick here. 

Edited by Gollum

16 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Life is short guys, live it with all the positivity and chunks of happiness. 

Sweet wife, kids and home-sweet-home may sometime sound so little or dare I say, mediocre, but indeed are invaluable. 

Also we must avoid bottling things up. Share everything with either family or friends, also no hesitation in using mental health services for your own care.

7 minutes ago, MechEng said:

It's good to know that we have top brains here!

Exam results don't define anything man, just that some kids mature at 16-17, some need a few more years Some work hard and remain focussed in 11, 12.....and then play CS, do addabaazi in hostel the next 4 years, and viceversa. Also the question of hormones kicking in, bad habits, love, different goals in life etc. Life is a marathon, not sprint. 

32 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Thx bro n sry... have deleted my post for digression.

@Gollum NSIT....those days NSIT and DCE ( Delhi colg of engineering, Sushant Singh Rajput's college) used to have common entrance Tests , common semester exams etc. 

4 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Thx bro n sry... have deleted my post for digression.

@Gollum NSIT....those days NSIT and DCE ( Delhi colg of engineering, Sushant Singh Rajput's college) used to have common entrance Tests , common semester exams etc. 

Abbey mere ko sorry kyu bol raha hai?

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Exam results don't define anything man, just that some kids mature at 16-17, some need a few more years Some work hard and remain focussed in 11, 12.....and then play CS, do addabaazi in hostel the next 4 years, and viceversa. Also the question of hormones kicking in, bad habits, love, different goals in life etc. Life is a marathon, not sprint. 

I remember how shattered I was not getting into an IIT, It took me years to get the monkey off the back.

21 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I remember how shattered I was not getting into an IIT, It took me years to get the monkey off the back.

Blame our judgemental society and flawed thinking for that, another source of depression for so many young adults. One exam or a year in your life, hell even a decade in your life doesn't define you. What Rocky Balboa says in Rocky 6.

Have fun, give it your best, make friends, enjoy company of family, help others, judge your life after you are 60 and these (tiny) setbacks will look so trivial. Anyway let us stick to the tragedy here. 

Edited by Gollum

37 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Also we must avoid bottling things up. Share everything with either family or friends, also no hesitation in using mental health services for your own care.

Depends upon if you have people around you who can listen without reacting. 

Which is where, wife and kids can help you to talk, have fun with, and importantly have someone who look up to you. 

35 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Agreed. 

Life is about "all-in-good-time"

However, some so called doers are usually very idealistic. You cannot expect everything to be perfect with a human being, we all have our fair share of deficiencies. Idealistic ones are usually in a strangle and so are those around them.