Sushant singh rajput commits suicide, found hanging in his apartment

Ankit_sharma03

On 6/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, Autonomous said:

Really unbelievable. 

SSR in detective byomkesh bakshy was a sight to behold. 

This is awful. 

Underrated movie.  Weak ending, but an excellent movie.  Art direction was spectacular in that movie.

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Underrated movie.  Weak ending, but an excellent movie.  Art direction was spectacular in that movie.

Didn't like it that much (could have been a classic) since I always have high expectations from Dibakar but Kolkata was shown beautifully. DBB, Parineeta, Kahaani, Yuva....all did justice to the beauty/charm of the city. Have to watch Piku to see how good a job they have done. 

Edited by Gollum

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Didn't like it that much (could have been a classic) since I always have high expectations from Dibakar but Kolkata was shown beautifully. DBB, Parineeta, Kahaani, Yuva....all did justice to the beauty/charm of the city. Have to watch Piku to see how good a job they have done. 

If we are not we should....if india once take some land from Chinese or perform something like foklam ,bloddy these porky and Nepalese would stay within their limits forever.

29 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Piku is a gem and Kolkata is showcased really well in that movie. Also a rare BW film with a stronger 2nd half than the 1st.

2 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Not impressed by how various bollywood people are using this tragedy to settle scores and draw attention to themselves. Maybe i was expecting too much from this crowd...

What do you expect out of gutter trash? Bollywood is totally fake and garbage. Only a handful of movies are worth watching. And the people in power are self-entitled a-holes.

Edited by Audiophile

On 6/17/2020 at 1:44 PM, Audiophile said:

What do you expect out of gutter trash? Bollywood is totally fake and garbage. Only a handful of movies are worth watching. And the people in power are self-entitled a-holes.

Which are these handful? If you don't mind sharing them with us...

6 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Which are these handful? If you don't mind sharing them with us...

I am mostly talking about 90s and forward. It is more than a handful since I am talking 30 years. However, you are much younger than me and this is before your time. If you have not seen Ardh Satya, Satranj Ke Khilari, Sadgati, Water, etc

12 hours ago, Audiophile said:

I am mostly talking about 90s and forward. It is more than a handful since I am talking 30 years. However, you are much younger than me and this is before your time. If you have not seen Ardh Satya, Satranj Ke Khilari, Sadgati, Water, etc

If you understood Bengali, I would have urged you to see all of Ray’s films starting with Panther Panchali. You can watch with subtitles, but I get annoyed with it so I am not going to recommend those.

In the 70s-80s when I was growing up, the masala movies were just as bad, probably even worse, but there was thriving art film industry which made some good movies. That is how Naseeruddin Shah, Smita Patil, Om Puri, Shabana Azmi, Farookh Sheikh, Deepti Naval, etc came into recognition. Now these are superb natural actors. Amitabh Bachchan is a great actor, but has been horribly misused in the masala movies which gave him super stardom. When I was a teenager, I could get enough of his masala movies. Now you could not pay me enough to sit through the torture. :giggle:

Interesting that all the backlash is towards big producers and female Bollywood stars while not a mention is made about Sushant's peer and professional competitors - Other Male Stars.

Purely on financial terms, a Producer can afford to be hero-agnostic. What difference does it make to him if Sushant stars or Ranveer stars if both of them can give them RoI? There may be videos about producers and female stars being bitchy about Sushant but they are uninterested parties.

The only people who are directly affected by Sushant getting a film among the limited banner releases, are other Male Leads. It affects not only his career but also his cashflow. If in post-covid situation, if Ranveer loses out on a film to Sushant then he will run short on liquid funds immediately until he signs a film. What if Sushant gets the next film too? This is about survival and ego, it doesn't get more "Motive" than that.

Kind of like, Ram leela, Befikre etc...

19 hours ago, Audiophile said:

I was about 50/50 on you throwing up a satyajit ray movie. You didn't disappoint.

4 hours ago, Prakat said:

Interesting that all the backlash is towards big producers and female Bollywood stars while not a mention is made about Sushant's peer and professional competitors - Other Male Stars.

I read Salman Khan got a lot of flak online from Sushant's fans. In general, if what you say is true, it must be because of hero worship that exists in India. An RJ on Red FM mentioned that Tiger Shroff's fans were actually defending his stardom since they felt he stood out as a worthy actor/performer irrespective of his dad. I am inclined to think this must be true for most male actors & their committed fans.