Escalation at India-China border

Clarke

12 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Is Galwan Valley is like forbidden zone where we don't have Army. How came they encroached and if they had, how come we went for talking rather than forcefully throwing them out. If it's mutually agreed forbidden zone than I can understand . But if it's Indian or Indian controlled territory than its a big goof up by our intelligence. BC Chinese ko avi side kar k pakistani occupied Kashmir or dheerey dheerey expansion karna chahiey modi ko.

well as things stand we threw them out.

It took loss of life but it did happen.

4 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

No we didn't. 

All I'm hearing is that "talks" are still ongoing and the Chinese are still sitting tight in the Galwan valley. Massive troop build-up from them as well.

5 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Its a marathon, not a sprint.  A one-off won't be enough.  India will have to bear the cost of increased vigilance and preparation along the LAC.  

A major consumer boycott needs to pick up steam in India.  That may sound silly, but it will have an impact.  The one thing that scares the paranoid CCP is economic instability leading to regime instability.  Diplomacy has not worked, resolute action on the LAC, and blunt moves on the economic front, are necessary.

20 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Is Galwan Valley is like forbidden zone where we don't have Army. How came they encroached and if they had, how come we went for talking rather than forcefully throwing them out. If it's mutually agreed forbidden zone than I can understand . But if it's Indian or Indian controlled territory than its a big goof up by our intelligence. BC Chinese ko avi side kar k pakistani occupied Kashmir or dheerey dheerey expansion karna chahiey modi ko.

You have to understand the terrain.  This is not the outskirts of your city where the road stops.  These are goddam mountains and rough terrain where nobody lives.  It is unrealistic to expect fully manned border posts all across the desolate mountain frontier.  

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

No we didn't. 

All I'm hearing is that "talks" are still ongoing and the Chinese are still sitting tight in the Galwan valley. Massive troop build-up from them as well.

There are rescue opps from both sides there to fish out bodies.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

No we didn't. 

No ,they have been removed from pp14,they eye Daulat beg oldi,they stationed their troops their disrespecting the dis engagement meet,that was the time when CO Babu went there to do the same,but they backstabbed us

As i said, they are still fishing bodies out.

the very fact that helicopters are still there suggests the chinese death tolls might be in the 100s. (this is speculation on my part). We shall know in a few days based on satellite images.

The likes of Galwan valley is neither tent or trench territory for 7-8 months of a year. you need a proper base. As the chinese have found out, given landlisdes etc during monsoon. Its not ideal in times of confrontation.

Might just be the biggest chinese loss of life (military wise) since their war with Vietnam in 1991. (this needs to be checked)

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its a marathon, not a sprint.  A one-off won't be enough.  India will have to bear the cost of increased vigilance and preparation along the LAC.  

A major consumer boycott needs to pick up steam in India.  That may sound silly, but it will have an impact.  The one thing that scares the paranoid CCP is economic instability leading to regime instability.  Diplomacy has not worked, resolute action on the LAC, and blunt moves on the economic front, are necessary.

they have made their move probably this summer i think. There is a gap from April to June when the temperature is tolerable.

We need to be vigilant (no repeat of kargil when we left out bunkers for the snow) but we are approaching landslide season in Ladakh in that area due to the rain. Temperatures dip September onwards.

This will mean loss of life though for the Indian side given we want to avoid another Kargil. Weather will take its toll. Shame...

40 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You have to understand the terrain.  This is not the outskirts of your city where the road stops.  These are goddam mountains and rough terrain where nobody lives.  It is unrealistic to expect fully manned border posts all across the desolate mountain frontier.  

That's why I asked is it forbidden zone by mutual agreement if thats the case then GOI should arrange a tour in Galwan for  leftist media and deshdrohi news paper. Anyway knowing how our neighbours  are GOI should come up with some plan for such boundaries.

1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Forbidden hoga toh dono ke liye hoga na...aap agar road-woad banayenge to unko aapke taraf aana hi hai, woh bhi apni 'akhandta' ka sochte hain.

Talking ke baad bhi agar yeh log nahi maante toh phir abki bar aar paar.

20 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Forbidden hoga toh dono ke liye hoga na...aap agar road-woad banayenge to unko aapke taraf aana hi hai, woh bhi apni 'akhandta' ka sochte hain.

Talking ke baad bhi agar yeh log nahi maante toh phir abki bar aar paar.

But China bhi to wahi karta hai they build road on their side. Why they have objection if India doing so. I still remy how they made roads and encroach some of unmanned Indian territory during kargil war.

Why all this fighting? All the Modi govt has to do is tell the military to use giant catapults to hurl bats, rats, snakes, raccoons, skunks and dogs across the LOC. The Chini soldiers will immediately retreat to enjoy delicious soup. Problem solved!!

Edited by Audiophile

34 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Reuters,BBC,CNN are all *ed up ,bought CCP stooges,they speak ccp's (false)narrative

We should refrain from what they're reporting

Well these people will not quote anything till china makes it official (which they wont considering their heavy losses)

Hard for democracies to compete on narrative front. This the same with coronavirus numbers. Media outlets will quote official figure.

But we should do right by our men and declare the dead as heros. Stand by our forces.