CA accuses Cisco managers of caste discrimination in USA

coffee_rules

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

I accept, its a menace. But, I dont agree that their was/is no caste system in rest pof world.  Havent read Mhabharata, but on tele, Yudhisthira punishes Brahman most for the same crime compared to others, reason was that Brahman is educated. He defines educated means Brahmin. Indian issue is, we are not ready to mix on basis of surname. We need a shakeup. I am in full support to it. Educated People  should take this as their responsibility.

Yes, we should educate , first among Indians, Libbus, commies, that caste is not Indian or Hindu system. We had Varna and jaathis which was meant to be fluid and not birth based. It came with a value system and not meant for discrimination. Not that we have to follow the original method again as we know how it degenerated and was taken advantage of, by western and Islamic invaders.

West has the class system, money marries money. It has racism which based on ethnicity and skin color, which is worse. Islam has sects - Sunni, Shia, Ahmedis, and also have a class system - Ashraf (UC), Azlafs (mid) and Arzals (low caste converts). The top two pray together, but don’t inter-mix. Arzals usually have their mosques, just like black churches. In Pakistan, Arzals are kept out of living areas in ghettos outskirts of cities. And the whole western media talks about caste-based discrimination of India

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, we should educate , first among Indians, Libbus, commies, that caste is not Indian or Hindu system. We had Varna and jaathis which was meant to be fluid and not birth based. It came with a value system and not meant for discrimination. Not that we have to follow the original method again as we know how it degenerated and was taken advantage of, by western and Islamic invaders.

West has the class system, money marries money. It has racism which based on ethnicity and skin color, which is worse. Islam has sects - Sunni, Shia, Ahmedis, and also have a class system - Ashraf (UC), Azlafs (mid) and Arzals (low caste converts). The top two pray together, but don’t inter-mix. Arzals usually have their mosques, just like black churches. In Pakistan, Arzals are kept out of living areas in ghettos outskirts of cities. And the whole western media talks about caste-based discrimination of India

Agreed.  It would also be apt to ask for some self-reflection by today's upper castes (not just Brahmins, but all upper castes) to accept that they were in no way superior to anyone, but have historically oppressed Shudras based on birth.  That it was not originally like that is tangential.  As you said, it degenerated and it is time to eliminate it.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Bottom line:  If every part of society practiced some listening skills and self-reflection, and induced reforms from within, the world would be a better place.  Often, we find ourselves feeling threatened by criticism and playing defense on behalf of others with whom we have something in common (country, religion, etc.)

16 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Bottom line:  If every part of society practiced some listening skills and self-reflection, and induced reforms from within, the world would be a better place.  Often, we find ourselves feeling threatened by criticism and playing defense on behalf of others with whom we have something in common (country, religion, etc.)

Bhai, there are two part to this. If me and you are brothers live in one house, we can have arguments and may quarrel with family member. Infact it is bound to happen. But at the end of day we are same family with human shortcomings. But if our  next door neighbour comes and starts talking about our own family matter to suit advantage and division, then you will be forced to ask him to mind his own business.

Edited by mishra

A lot of South Indians don’t have surnames like KL Rahul , K Gowtham or M Vijay. Nobody knows their caste. We should do away with caste based lastnames like Sharma, Mishra, Gupta, Saxena, Naidu, Reddy that reveals their caste. In UP, esp Bihar, to hide caste-based  lastnames they use a generic lastname Kumar, like Nitish Kumar, because there is so much favoritism or discrimination on caste. In Kannada we don’t have a word - caste. We call jaati, originally meant community. But it is just another word for caste to perpetuate discrimination . 

Also, in colleges, we never talked about those who got in from reservation or management quota. All were same, either topper, average or students with arrears. I wish it was the case in life. 

I agree with [mention=11860]mishra[/mention] , nobody from my age group has asked me my caste or nor have I asked of others. Yes, older gen do that, not in ours. 

I did not include "Reddy" in my daughter's name and left it caste ambiguous. I take great pride in this decision of mine.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Bhai, there are two part to this. If me and you are brothers live in one house, we can have arguments and may quarrel with family member. Infact it is bound to happen. But at the end of day we are same family with human shortcomings. But if our  next door neighbour comes and starts talking about our own family matter to suit advantage and division, then you will be forced to ask him to mind his own business.

Agreed. Every group feels the same way, and no one want lectures from outside groups.  Whites don't want to be told they are wrong about something.  Blacks don't want to be told they are wrong about something.  Muslims, Hindus, Christians etc. all feel the same way.  It is completely understandable.  But that also comes with a responsibility to self-reflect and see if there are really any serious problems within your own family/group and work to fix them.  Many people spend their energies looking to connect anything and everything an "outsider" says to some ulterior, malicious motive against their "in-group" and then spend even more energy defending against these (sometimes real, sometimes perceived) notions.  

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Agreed. Every group feels the same way, and no one want lectures from outside groups.  Whites don't want to be told they are wrong about something.  Blacks don't want to be told they are wrong about something.  Muslims, Hindus, Christians etc. all feel the same way.  It is completely understandable.  But that also comes with a responsibility to self-reflect and see if there are really any serious problems within your own family/group and work to fix them.  Many people spend their energies looking to connect anything and everything an "outsider" says to some ulterior, malicious motive against their "in-group" and then spend even more energy defending against these (sometimes real, sometimes perceived) notions.  

What moral lectures/agenda Indian Hindus have given or funded against white in say US or Chineses in China or Muslims in Middle east. Latin Americans of Ameria or Africans of Africa. Name one ? Absolutely nothing. Yes Its smartass Indian, whose asses is free for all in front of Global Perfect masses of world.

24 minutes ago, mishra said:

What moral lectures/agenda Indian Hindus have given or funded against white in say US or Chineses in China or Muslims in Middle east. Latin Americans of Ameria or Africans of Africa. Name one ? Absolutely nothing. Yes Its smartass Indian, whose asses is free for all in front of Global Perfect masses of world.

Strawman.  Where in my post did it state or even imply that Hindus funded anything against anyone?  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict