Underrated Films Thread

Ankit_sharma03

On 7/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, Clarke said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338263/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

The life story of a Muslim boy Moosa Khan who lives in Kashmirpur among extremist Hindu majority 

Credit to Lollywood (should call it lolwood) for sticking to their guns and not being PC in their film making. 

Director, actor Shaan Shahid :hatsoff:, Anurag Kashyap's jigri yaar. 

An unexpected chat with Anurag Kashyap | The Express Tribune

The Judge (2014) - Hollywood wala family oriented film, much diff from our Barjatya ones. Downey Jr & Duvall are terrific. 

Bhagam Bhag (2006) - I find this way funnier than the welcome housefull and whatever other comedies filled theatres in recent years. 

GreedyNegligibleKomododragon.webp

Broken Arrow. Huge fan of the film. Love all the action scenes mainly flying the stealth bomber and stealing the nukes.

Travolta was just out of the world that the director John Woo said this “So charming, but when he’s staring at you he can have the eyes of Satan.”

45 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Tarantino's best IMO, just ahead of Django Unchained. Don't understand why people love hot garbage like RD, PF.

His 2nd best for me. PF still Uber Alles. The dialogue and characters is what makes PF what it is. And PF did that whole post modern. meta, ironic shtick better than any movie back then and any movie since. Which is why it still remains as fresh and influential till date.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, maniac said:

Murder 2 :p:

I am sure it’s a copy of some foreign film but the villain in the movie was outstanding and the music was good too :giggle:

I remembered Prashant Narayan the villain in that movie  from Coffee’s post above 

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

His 2nd best for me. PF still Uber Alles. The dialogue and characters is what makes PF what it is. And PF did that whole post modern. meta, ironic shtick better than any movie back then and any movie since. Which is why it still remains as fresh and influential till date.

Ye RD,PF kya hai??

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

GreedyNegligibleKomododragon.webp

Broken Arrow. Huge fan of the film. Love all the action scenes mainly flying the stealth bomber and stealing the nukes.

Travolta was just out of the world that the director John Woo said this “So charming, but when he’s staring at you he can have the eyes of Satan.”

Broken Arrow is anything but underrated. During those times when not many Hollywood movies use to get released in India, every college student knew about this movie. 

For me some of the underrated movies are:

Kaun

Raincoat

Udaan