Anderson is done

maniac

Nah he's done, if we product pitches anyway near the ones we did back in 2016 he'll probably go wicketless. There's also another fact - heat, this is the end of winter & basically spring/start of summer here. From memory England has done better over the years when they've had some swing to work with - it's highly unlikely at Chennai, Ahmedabad is definitely something we "might" have to worry about under the lights.

4 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Nah he's done, if we product pitches anyway near the ones we did back in 2016 he'll probably go wicketless. There's also another fact - heat, this is the end of winter & basically spring/start of summer here. From memory England has done better over the years when they've had some swing to work with - it's highly unlikely at Chennai, Ahmedabad is definitely something we "might" have to worry about under the lights.

its pretty hot in Sri Lanka too. Plus he took wickets in UAE in the past

The ball tends to move more in SL, it always has. Secondly a lot of the wickets he got was ugly hoicks by SL, in general India has wickets which needs more pace/skill for bowlers to succeed. As good as Anders is, he's not in the class of McGrath let alone the like of Steyn or Marshall - again if the pitches are flat or super dead I'll stick my neck out & say he can go wicketless, possibly with the exception of D/N test.

Srilanka team is playing rubbish cricket I watched highlights srilanka team hitting delivery against Anderson which they should have left to the keeper 

Also Anderson is not so good in the field he midfield two to three time to allow easy runs

Don't see Anderson getting wickets

Unless he knows to reverse swing the ball 

If he does reverse swing the ball then let us hope that pujara play the longest innings and gets anderson exhausted in first test itself

6 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

He looked very ordinary in the first innings. Suddenly he has become unplayable. I think there is something shady here..Need to look what english men are doing with the ball. 

No wicket in the wickets column is not ordinary. He bowled some brilliant overs, just Indian bats did not give him wicket to his metronomic outside line.

Anderson has been brilliant. Even at 130k our batters have no clue to what he bowls. He is that good and has been brilliant overseas for a while now. 

The game is not about bowling average anymore. People negotiate the best bowlers now. Anderson is in his own league and Indian fans have big time neglected his greatness because of his poor earlier returns. He has been damn good on every recent tour in most  places. Averages aren’t the indigator everytime.

20 years in the game for a bowler is just legendary stuff. It is actually insane stuff to last this long.

Class apart. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

No wicket in the wickets column is not ordinary. He bowled some brilliant overs, just Indian bats did not give him wicket to his metronomic outside line.

Anderson has been brilliant. Even at 130k our batters have no clue to what he bowls. He is that good and has been brilliant overseas for a while now. 

The game is not about bowling average anymore. People negotiate the best bowlers now. Anderson is in his own league and Indian fans have big time neglected his greatness because of his poor earlier returns. He has been damn good on every recent tour in most  places. Averages aren’t the indigator everytime.

20 years in the game for a bowler is just legendary stuff. It is actually insane stuff to last this long.

Class apart. 

Nothing against Anderson's longevity and class but I dont know whether I watched the same match where I thought he was not the penetrative In first innings when he was bowling. He was not able to reverse and he was easy to negotiate while Jaffra was very good. Anderson's ability is to do conventional swing or reverse swing otherwise he is not that difficult. But without saliva, I dont know what these guys are doing to get reverse swing like that when our bowlers were not able to that..

On 8/23/2020 at 9:25 PM, Gollum said:

Hope Andu plays in India next year, jamke badla lenge.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, Suhaan said:

Don't think so,I heard Warne suggesting them to use him as mentor to other bowlers while touring overseas and play as a bowler at home

infact it is quite practical advice,they won't hurt his legacy further by playing him in dustbowls of SC and portraying his image as "clouderson"

Huehuehue