India would have defended 277

Laaloo

In 1952: No one is confirmed to have climbed Mt. Everest 

Insight on forums: No one has climbed Mt. Everest so no one will climb Mt Everest 

In 1953: Hillary and Norgay are confirmed to have climbed Mt. Everest 

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Since 2015 SL tour have we lost a single test after winning the toss? 

No. We have either drawn or won all tests winning the toss. Also for the record since that Srilanka tour India has lost total  4+ 2+1 + 2  ( Eng,Saf,Aus, Nz) ie 9 away tests ( and we lost tosses in all of them). Also we lost 1 home test in India in Pune against Aus ( Smith special) where India again lost the toss. Actually in this decade ( 2010 to 2020)  itself India has only lost 4 home tests. 1 Saf ( 2010 Amla test)  2 Eng ( Pietersen special 2012) 1 Aus ( Smith) which is unbelievable...

Well am not so sure. Aus with a fragile batting line-up nearly chased down 320 odd at Adelaide. Earlier you guys were slaying Indian team for what they couldn't do, now the tables have turned :giggle:.

I will not overrate them based on the loss of Pakistan, infact I can visualise our bowlers getting their plans awry against last 5 batsmen as always.

44 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Well am not so sure. Aus with a fragile batting line-up nearly chased down 320 odd at Adelaide. Earlier you guys were slaying Indian team for what they couldn't do, now the tables have turned :giggle:.

I will not overrate them based on the loss of Pakistan, infact I can visualise our bowlers getting their plans awry against last 5 batsmen as always.

Hmm, that's normal service for our bowling tacticians and historically we have kneeled most of the times against lower MO,

Yeah,we prevailed in Aus due to good old ball exploits courtesy Shami in the line up and equally good Bumrah,hope we develop others as well atleast to compete in upcoming series against Aus

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

200 bhi nahin hone the

Check our batsman record in 4th innings overseas

Why should we check our 4th innings record in overseas,these were home conditions for England.

Our team can easily chase targets like these in home conditions.

England has a habit of shelling home tests

11 hours ago, adi B said:

Pakistani bowlers are young and lack stamina from what I could see .

They get flat by the 3rd spell of the day ,that's a massive difference between our Pacers, our lot have stamina till the EOD and Can bowl with the same intensity throughout the day 

11 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

I started following cricket from 2003 and I fail to understand what the hype about their phaasht bowling is all about.

Fast bowling before sports science came into cricket was more about innate willpower and natural flamboyance, nobody did gym because stiff muscles could reduce speed. This is where Pakistan had those kind of personalities who were willing to sprint in every delivery stride.

Indian fast bowling meteoric rise has more to do with advanced sports science which came through ipl money, physios know which gym exercises to do and what to eat to gain optimum fitness.

Pakistan relies more on jazba than professionalism to play their brand of cricket.

Anyway, sticking to the topic, I think one of the bigger reasons Pakistan lost is because they dont know how to win. Winning is a state of mind, and Pakistanis dont have that. It is not just the inexperience of the bowling attack, but the team as a whole. Lack of self belief, lack of creating chances and once created, latching on to those. 

One can't blame them with the very little cricket they get to play.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Completely different bowling attack. Washed up zak, inexperienced Shami and a mediocre Ishant (then). 

Shami and Ishant have come a long way since then and now they have Bumrah too. Jadeja >>>> Ashwin. 

Yes they did & Pakistani attack is also inexperienced.  Their bowlers clearly lost steam.   India's current attack would've defended 277 no doubt.  But we've also take into account that Pakistani attack is very inexperienced. They'll improve with time but I doubt Pakistani TM will ever make their attack settled. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This team almost made SA Chase 438 in Joburg 2013. I remember there was young Shami like Shaheen is. Ashwin too.  

But on this pitch we could have defended 277 but we'd not have made 277 in the first place.  140-150 target at most.   Similar test like we witnessed 2nd test vs NZ in 2020

Different pitch (no movement), rookie bowling attack, defensive and unmotivated skipper, ATG RSA...and no DRS was a problem.

Still they didn't win, in fact panicked as target came closer. Always happens in these chases, had target been 350 they would have adjusted accordingly. Unpopular opinion but India never came close to chasing that total in 2014 Adelaide, easy when expectations are not there but as target comes closer even the best lose their nerves. Pak came close to a 490 target in a DN test in Aus 4 years back, on paper....but do you really thing they were going to win at any stage? Same with the 2018 Adelaide test. There is a reason why 275+ totals have ben chased with low frequency in test cricket. 

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Different pitch (no movement), rookie bowling attack, defensive and unmotivated skipper, ATG RSA...and no DRS was a problem.

Still they didn't win, in fact panicked as target came closer. Always happens in these chases, had target been 350 they would have adjusted accordingly. Unpopular opinion but India never came close to chasing that total in 2014 Adelaide, easy when expectations are not there but as target comes closer even the best lose their nerves. Pak came close to a 490 target in a DN test in Aus 4 years back, on paper....but do you really thing they were going to win at any stage? Same with the 2018 Adelaide test. There is a reason why 275+ totals have ben chased with low frequency in test cricket. 

Agree Adelaide is for overhyped by Lolli Bhakts.  That game was never ours to win.  Bigger heartbreak was in that 1st vs NZ in 2014. We were so close to pulling off GOAT chase of 400+ Dhawan batted brilliantly.  Only if Dhoni would've shepherd tail a little better we'd have won.  I'd have forgiven Dhoni's 0-8 in a instant.  

6 hours ago, Adamant said:

Why should we check our 4th innings record in overseas,these were home conditions for England.

Our team can easily chase targets like these in home conditions.

England has a habit of shelling home tests

If its about home there wont have been all this debate.

Eng shudnt be even a benchmark. 

25 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Overhyped bowling attack. We shouldn't compare them to our world class test bowlers like Ashwin, Bumrah, Shami. Add Jadeja and Sharma, our bowling is way ahead.

Didn't the Aussies also milked them for runs when they toured down under.

Yasir shah was piling on runs and only runs there ....legend....