Ashwin's YouTube channel

Gollum

On 12/14/2020 at 9:23 AM, Gollum said:

Some legends now

The Gavaskar interview is riveting!  Ashwin really knows what he is doing - the timing of his questions, the transitions from one question to the next, all superbly done.  If you don't have time tow watch the whole thing, watch from the 40-minute mark.  Great stuff.  

The Inzy interview is good too but Inzy is not as open as Gavaskar with his comments.  But I should not have watched the whole thing.  I am getting good feelings about Pakistani cricketers :-).  Inzy seems very kind and down to earth.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
On 9/3/2020 at 8:25 AM, Franco Vazquez said:

But when Pakistani players do same with Urdu, they are looked down upon

Ashwin despite being educated and qualified is giving respect to his native language and speaking in it, not because he is a gaonwaala who can’t speak anything outside of Punjabi accented Urdu

15 hours ago, maniac said:

Ashwin despite being educated and qualified is giving respect to his native language and speaking in it, not because he is a gaonwaala who can’t speak anything outside of Punjabi accented Urdu

Its not about being jahil or gaonwala its about the fact that Pakistani players are not that confident in speaking English but those who are, are much better in speaking it. Indian players on the other hand love speaking English even when their English is not good and for an example I will use Sandeep Sharma in IPL, when he won MOTM, the presenter was talking to him in hindi but he tried to speak in English and with no surprise to anyone, he was struggling in the second sentence. Same could be said about Shaw who was saying comparising instead of compare in his interview and even Ashwin in his videos make grammatical errors, actually forget about Ashwin. I was watching his interview with Venky Mysore and even Venky was making grammatical mistakes despite living in US for 15 years.

55 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Its not about being jahil or gaonwala its about the fact that Pakistani players are not that confident in speaking English but those who are, are much better in speaking it. Indian players on the other hand love speaking English even when their English is not good and for an example I will use Sandeep Sharma in IPL, when he won MOTM, the presenter was talking to him in hindi but he tried to speak in English and with no surprise to anyone, he was struggling in the second sentence. Same could be said about Shaw who was saying comparising instead of compare in his interview and even Ashwin in his videos make grammatical errors, actually forget about Ashwin. I was watching his interview with Venky Mysore and even Venky was making grammatical mistakes despite living in US for 15 years.

apart from the fact that you probably are a hardcore Anglophile who picks up on these things, what are you trying to say?

7 hours ago, Franco Vazquez said:

even Ashwin in his videos make grammatical errors, actually forget about Ashwin. I was watching his interview with Venky Mysore and even Venky was making grammatical mistakes despite living in US for 15 years.

What does this have to do with topic at hand? Grammatical errors are common during these live sessions, seen many top English news anchors do the same, some of the best extempore debaters I saw in school/college made mistakes every now and then. Different format compared to typing or writing where we have the luxury to pause/think/edit. Anyway I saw most of his YT videos and was more interested in content than perfect English or flowery language, there has to be some stuff first. 

Ashwin is a good listener, which is a rare trait among Indian commentators and experts. Even when he interjects/digresses, there are some fun anecdotes or interesting side discussion. He will have a fine career behind the mic in a few years time. Also can be coach, administrator, contributor to sports columns...who knows he may even follow the great Venkat and try umpiring since he loves/follows the sport so passionately. Unlike the case of most of our cricketers many doors will open post his retirement. He has an analytical mind and sharp observation skills, engineering background perhaps? His lack of athleticism and perception of oversmartness have sure rubbed many the wrong way, but quite a character!!!!

Edited by Gollum
59 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What does this have to do with topic at hand? Grammatical errors are common during these live sessions, seen many top English news anchors do the same, some of the best extempore debaters I saw in school/college made mistakes every now and then. Different format compared to typing or writing where we have the luxury to pause/think/edit. Anyway I saw most of his YT videos and was more interested in content than perfect English or flowery language, there has to be some stuff first. 

I didn't talk about it. maniac talked about gaonwala topic. Pakistani cricketer channels are much better than Indian cricketer channels who continue to do the ji huzoori of Kohli and Shastri management. At least Pakistani ex cricketers have guts to call out the team management, Have you ever seen Akash Chopra openly calling out Kohli or Shastri? No he can't cause he's a pussy. I agree with Ashwin's channel being much better than most of the cricketers as it's more analytical rather than emotional

About the stadiums including some cool clips, like entrance from dressing room to the ground at MCG, stadium facilities, features/dimensions/conditions...

Speaks in Tamil but has English subs

400k subscribers for this channel, 5 million+ for Sports Tak :phehe: