Mumbai Indians (The Wolves) 2020 Team Thread - Will take the desert by storm!

zen

10 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Please. I don't deserve this. As the Mozart of Madras said in his Oscar Acceptance speech in TAMIZH.

BYt00TNCUAAz8Ln?format=png&name=medium

Ella Pugazhum Iraivanukke indeed.

That is so profound. Move aside Nietzsche.

I haven't seen something so succinctly put across in such few words since Lord Byron's "water met its master and blushed".

WHAT DOES IT MEAN BTW???

:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

As DC Superfan #1 even I admit that MI has the best overall team in the tournament this season - we have an edge in bowling but MI's middle order is much stronger than our bowling advantage. 

But strange things can happen with the script come playoff time.  I just hope my DC guys have a chance to match up against MI in the playoffs.

Great post!

I already like you. Such a nice realistic DC fan accepting :mi: suzerainty over the other sides. 

@Gollum Learn from him!

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Great post!

I already like you. Such a nice realistic DC fan accepting :mi: suzerainty over the other sides. 

@Gollum Learn from him!

Yam, we are barely playing at 5% of our potential, even you will agree. Pant not there affecting team balance (Rahane, Carey instead of Pant, Hetmyer:wall:), Shaw laying ducks, Iyer not completely fit etc. Yet look at the table, I know you are scared, but don't let the fear build up inside you. Remember at the end of the day this is just a fun tournament, entertainment for us....promise I won't gloat too much or pull your leg after we have won the trophy.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yam, we are barely playing at 5% of our potential, even you will agree. Pant not there affecting team balance (Rahane, Carey instead of Pant, Hetmyer:wall:), Shaw laying ducks, Iyer not completely fit etc. Yet look at the table, I know you are scared, but don't let the fear build up inside you. Remember at the end of the day this is just a fun tournament, entertainment for us....promise I won't gloat too much or pull your leg after we have won the trophy.

That I am sure about. Coz most likely you will be eliminated in the first eliminator by a team that can take regulation catches and doesn't drop Dhawan thrice!

That said, this is a nice write up. You can use it and compile a Don Quixote continuation. (IPL version)

Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Edited by Mariyam

On 10/12/2020 at 12:34 PM, Stan AF said:

Making a grand statement. Title this year is MI's to lose. They should just kick themselves if they don't win the title this year.

I'd still like a bowler who can bat more in the line up as it is the only chink in the armor I can find. 5 different MOTM's this year already in Rohit, SKY, Quinton, Pollard & Trent boult. That's how a team should roll.

While NCN is not an improvement over Pattinson with the ball, he's certainly better with the bat.

3 minutes ago, zen said:

got a bad game out of the way but a triumph of the wolf spirit .... to beat us, it took the opposition, two super overs! 

I wasn't impressed by anything I saw today.

Sub par batting. Even in the super overs we struggled.

Can't see any positives today.

I know this is a strong team, and that this game is an abberation. But lets call it as is, shall we.

What we saw today was an abject display of batting all round. barring Pollard, Nile and QDK initially.

We need the Indian batsmen to step up now.

I do agree with you when you say that its a good day to get a bad game out of the way.

Hopefully this game doesn't take a physical toll on the players for the next one. Ishan Kishan is already out.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

I wasn't impressed by anything I saw today.

Sub par batting. Even in the super overs we struggled.

Can't see any positives today.

I know this is a strong team, and that this game is an abberation. But lets call it as is, shall we.

What we saw today was an abject display of batting all round. barring Pollard, Nile and QDK initially.

We need the Indian batsmen to step up now.

I do agree with you when you say that its a good day to get a bad game out of the way.

Hopefully this game doesn't take a physical toll on the players for the next one. Ishan Kishan is already out.

No team can perform in all the games (you need to account for 4-5 loses) .... In general, the more you play good in group stages, the more your chances of losing increases in playoffs (as law of averages begin to kick in) 

We only need to remain in the top 2 (to play the qualifier) and the guys to fire in playoffs 

I would say we can afford to have a couple of more ordinary games as long as we start to peak around the 13th-14th game :dance:

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Not chuffed by our batting in the last two games.

Our batting is becoming too predictable. Can't over-rely on QDK, SKY or Pollard every time.

There are going to be days when all three have a bad day.

These sort of close defeats can be emotionally shattering for players involved. Much better to get crushed than have hopes up only to lose by such a fine margin. 

7 minutes ago, zen said:

No team can perform in all the games (you need to account for 4-5 loses) .... In general, the more you play good in group stages, the more your chances of losing increases in playoffs (as law of averages begin to kick in) 

gamblers fallacy :(( 

5 minutes ago, velu said:

gamblers fallacy :(( 

In team sports involving on field performances and multiple teams (a variety of factors), it is difficult to perform at a consistent level in a long tournament unless the other teams are not competitive enough or you are in super form