Mumbai Indians (The Wolves) 2020 Team Thread - Will take the desert by storm!

zen

I thought we batted rather poorly, but still managed to chase the total.

Pandya's and Yadav's dismissals were really unnecessary shots.

Nonetheless, we won this without breaking into a sweat.

Never looked like we were ever in danger of losing.

:mi: 

8 minutes ago, zen said:

QdK + SKY + bowlers :hatsoff:

eef64063c1c607cc6cafbebcf8dba530.gif

I'd be a little critical of SKY here. He gave away his wicket. There was really no need to. He did bat well till there.

Pattison was Delhi's best hope. Leaves a lot to be desired. He single-handedly undid all the good work done by Bumrah in the previous overs.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

I'd be a little critical of SKY here. He gave away his wicket. There was really no need to. He did bat well till there.

Pattison was Delhi's best hope. Leaves a lot to be desired. He single-handedly undid all the good work done by Bumrah in the previous overs.

That is cricket/sports though 

Today was a lesson for other teams in how to approach T20 batting. MI never stopped attacking & kept RR in check throughout. Rohit got out, Dekock smashed Nortje next over, Dekock got out & Yadav smashed Axar next over & thereafter Kishan hit the boundaries when they were needed.

MI is so well ahead of other so called great teams in this tournament.

5 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Today was a lesson for other teams in how to approach T20 batting. MI never stopped attacking & kept RR in check throughout. Rohit got out, Dekock smashed Nortje next over, Dekock got out & Yadav smashed Axar next over & thereafter Kishan hit the boundaries when they were needed.

MI is so well ahead of other so called great teams in this tournament.

The target was small, they were able to take lesser risks and keep the aggression. There is nothing to show if this works for 180+ target

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

MI never stopped attacking & kept RR in check throughout.

I recall watching a video of Jayawardene's pep talk in UAE where he spoke about playing fearless cricket, being confident, and if the ball is there to be hit, to go for it irrespective of the situation (or something to that order)

PS it makes sense, a full toss does not become a yorker if you have lost a wkt. ideally, one should try to play the ball on its merit 

Edited by zen

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The target was small, they were able to take lesser risks and keep the aggression. There is nothing to show if this works for 180+ target

But isn't that even more impressive. They were willing to play proactive cricket even chasing a par total. MI is one team against which no total is safe. Remember the match against RCB, that was one time MI had a flawed start still they tied the game.

Yesterday was the perfect batting game for them IMO

Making a grand statement. Title this year is MI's to lose. They should just kick themselves if they don't win the title this year.

I'd still like a bowler who can bat more in the line up as it is the only chink in the armor I can find. 5 different MOTM's this year already in Rohit, SKY, Quinton, Pollard & Trent boult. That's how a team should roll.

Edited by Stan AF