I hope this doesn’t remain a regret

Cricketics

As long as we can trash them When it matters or when they get too big for their boots , don’t give a f.

Also most Ind-Pak matches are snoozefests.

There might be a handful exciting games across all formats but I am sure that will be for all teams. I remember a couple of nail biting finishes against Kenya too.

Anyways your point would have been valid has Pakistan still had players like Wasim,Waqar,Inzamam etc as we would miss our batsmen and bowlers competing against one of the best and Vice versa.

Would you have the same concern as we don’t play Zimbabwe too, because in the 90s they had a pretty good team as well.

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I doubt if any of our players from the current batch see playing vs Pakistan as such a big deal. You could see that in the way we approach the LOIs played in the last 8-10 years. Hardly any fuss from the Indian players and management, the media does do some tamasha but that's their job. We have been so dominant in this decade (Played 19 LOIs, won 14, lost 5) that even the H2H historical record is immaterial.

Can't see why they will regret at all. They are getting to play vs the top sides more often and in IPL, they get to mix with most superstars of world cricket.

I agree, after Wasim and Waqar retired, Indo - Pak cricket didn't have that rivalry anymore except for 2007 World T20 finals. Shoaib Akhtar was too injured to constantly trouble our batsmen.

On 9/1/2020 at 5:59 AM, Gollum said:

Just like everyone else I want to see us smash them in a bilateral series but how can we have normal relations with such an evil state (PakMil establishment)? We are cricket fans but these are trivial matters, that country has terror pads a few km from LoC and pushes in terrorists every day, so many of our jawans are getting martyred on a daily/weekly basis because of that. When I see interviews and videos of grieving families of fallen bravehearts, cricket is the last thing on my mind. 

:hysterical: :hysterical: 

Tell your innocent jawans to fight back then! These are soldiers who are armed to the teeth, not some random civilians! We are having a proxy war with Pakistan currently, we should be killing countless of their soldiers on a daily basis to. 

All is fair in love and war! Man up and live in reality! :hysterical:

For Pakistan, I won't mind waiting few more years. New batting talent will emerge from India but cricketers like Tedulkar and Kohli are hard to replace . Hopefully in 3-4 years, Kohli would have passed his peak, Misbah's dark era  will be long gone , Babar will be at his peak and young fast bowling pair of Shaheen and Naseem will be at their peak. Hope Haider Ali will go Babar's way and not become another Umar Akmal , to make it a more competitive game. 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:53 PM, coffee_rules said:

When two countries are at war, there is no question about these aman-ki-aasha trips. Bhaad mein jaye H2H. India didn't play with Pakistan for 17 years from 1961-78 when we were fighting wars of 65 and 71, it was not anybody's concern to play Pak.  A lot pf players like MAKP, Dilip Sardesai, Wadekar, Surti, Solkar, Abid Ali, etc didn't play against Pakistan and nobody gives a damn if they didn't.  It is not the same as bi-lateral trade which is a  matter for survival for people, esp in border areas. If there is no cricket, nobody is going to die, while Jawans are dying in Kashmir. Unless, Pak can give up funding terrorism in Kashmir, don't protect Dawood, Hafeez and not send terrorists to Pulwama, Mumbai, there can be no bi-lateral cricket. ICC events outside of Pakistan is no biggie.

Here we go again. 

5 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Tell your innocent jawans to fight back then! These are soldiers who are armed to the teeth, not some random civilians! We are having a proxy war with Pakistan currently, we should be killing countless of their soldiers on a daily basis to. 

Our jawans dying is a laughing matter for you? 

And who told they don't give it back with interest? 

4 hours ago, First class said:

For Pakistan, I won't mind waiting few more years. New batting talent will emerge from India but cricketers like Tedulkar and Kohli are hard to replace . Hopefully in 3-4 years, Kohli would have passed his peak, Misbah's dark era  will be long gone , Babar will be at his peak and young fast bowling pair of Shaheen and Naseem will be at their peak. Hope Haider Ali will go Babar's way and not become another Umar Akmal , to make it a more competitive game. 

We are also waiting for Pakistan to throw up few players of quality, but rest assured, as long as Pakistan sends mercenaries across the border, chances of a tour either side is as good as me visiting planet Pluto. 

On 9/1/2020 at 2:37 PM, Rightarmfast said:

Cricket and politics should never merge. If Indian govt can do normal trade with Pakistan, which they are, and if India plays other sports with Pakistan, I see no reason cricket needs to stop. 

I strongly favor India Pakistan cricket. Plus, we need to set the record straight!

As a cricket fan, even I regret missing India Pakistan action. That too when arguably India is the strongest ever against this Pakistan side. We would literally win any format at any venue with perhaps some odd losses.

But, the boycott by Indian government is far deeper than what meets the eyes. For one, it is perhaps the most potent weapon just short of actual war. Think about it. Every India Pakistan match is millions of dollars to the nation whose existence is based on religious bigotry and hatred for India. Many on this forum too believed Imran as a statesman. Look at him now. Whole day ranting against Hindutva, Modi, RSS, etc.

Secondly, the informal economy (apart from TV rights, brand advertisements, etc) like more primetime to India haters like Afridi, Tanveer ("Hinduon ki jainiat hi aisee hai" fame), etc. who are literally surviving on Youtube money earned from gullible Indian fans. The boyvott since 2012-13 series must have cost Pakistan atrleast 10 billion $ apart from tarnished image (BCCI power in itself is no match to other boards), etc.

12 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

Well I think its a troll post. Best ignored!

On 9/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, SecondSlip said:

Piece of ****. You find it rofl ?? 

On 9/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, Gollum said:

Our jawans dying is a laughing matter for you? 

And who told they don't give it back with interest? 

Bro Its partly your whinery really that begets trolls, what did you expect from scum trolls. You used to post similarly for few years around ind pak chamions trophy match its same scenario but in real life. Project self assurance in your posts more. For instance, i know you think that a soldier deserves a soldier not some scum madrasa chap abdul they serve who hides behind his ammi just to stab in the back, post it in that sense and try not to make it sound like a candle light vigil tear jerk posts atleast for armed forces - they are not weak and dont need our tears just our respect and what is due.

We don't give back with interest we act across the border at will and call their nuke bluff.

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

Bro Its partly your whinery really that begets trolls, what did you expect from scum trolls. You used to post similarly for few years around ind pak chamions trophy match its same scenario but in real life. Project self assurance in your posts more. For instance, i know you think that a soldier deserves a soldier not some scum madrasa chap abdul they serve who hides behind his ammi just to stab in the back, post it in that sense and try not to make it sound like a candle light vigil tear jerk posts atleast for armed forces - they are not weak and dont need our tears just our respect and what is due.

We don't give back with interest we act across the border at will and call their nuke bluff.

100+ 

This is why I was laughing at him and his post. Our armed forces are among the top 5 strongest in the world. Casualties are expected in war, but we are giving it back 3x more not just at LOC but deep inside their territory in both Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. 

I find his crying and playing the victim card funny because that’s exactly how Pakistani react when their faujis get killed and then blame RAW for everything, which makes it even more sweet! :icflove:

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Bro Its partly your whinery really that begets trolls, what did you expect from scum trolls. You used to post similarly for few years around ind pak chamions trophy match its same scenario but in real life. Project self assurance in your posts more

No whinery in my post that was quoted by the other poster. Just an explanation regarding why we shouldn't resume bilateral cricket.