I hope this doesn’t remain a regret

Cricketics

10 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

100+ 

This is why I was laughing at him and his post. Our armed forces are among the top 5 strongest in the world. Casualties are expected in war, but we are giving it back 3x more not just at LOC but deep inside their territory in both Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. 

I find his crying and playing the victim card funny because that’s exactly how Pakistani react when their faujis get killed and then blame RAW for everything, which makes it even more sweet! :icflove:

Wish you had clarified this before the brouhaha.

I have always advocated resumption of cricket ties with Pakistan. There are only 10 test playing nations and if we don't play with one of them who happens to be our biggest rival, it makes life as a cricket fan very tough. I agree test matches against SENA is very special but there is only so much you can play with them. We need to give equal importance to other teams as well.

@Austin 3:!6 @Gollum @Vilander

To be honest, I never found India vs Pakistan rivalry in cricket to be engaging enough so that I would miss the contest. The loss of CT 2017 had no effect on me, even winning 2007 T20 finals was great, but it would have been even more sweeter had we played Australia in finals.

The only team I hated losing to was Australia, especially after 2007/08 tour. The ghost of not losing to Australia finally disappeared after we won the 2011 World Cup quarter finals.

P.S.: I was too young to watch Sharjah Cup in the 1990s, I'm guessing India Pak games then were fiery.

Edited by MechEng

tbh right now we would not learn anything if we play pakistan. even in uae with our b team i would not be surprised if we blanked them in all formats, we saw a primer of that in the asia cup. this is of course completely ignoring the political aspect of the situation which is an elephant in the room. we saw how they repaid us for the goodwill during the 00 decade after we resumed playing with them in 2004.