Dhoni: when will the torture end???

zubinpepsi

Gambhir slams Dhoni's decision to bat at No. 7: 'Makes no sense to me'

MS Dhoni batting at No. 7 against Rajasthan Royals was an "absolute miscalculation" according to former India batsman and two-time IPL-winning captain Gautam Gambhir. In a sharp criticism of the Chennai Super Kings captain on ESPNcricinfo's T20 Time Out, Gambhir said Dhoni ought to have led from the front, and that no other captain whose primary skill was with the bat would have got away with batting as low in a chase of 217.”

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Gambhir slams Dhoni's decision to bat at No. 7: 'Makes no sense to me'

MS Dhoni batting at No. 7 against Rajasthan Royals was an "absolute miscalculation" according to former India batsman and two-time IPL-winning captain Gautam Gambhir. In a sharp criticism of the Chennai Super Kings captain on ESPNcricinfo's T20 Time Out, Gambhir said Dhoni ought to have led from the front, and that no other captain whose primary skill was with the bat would have got away with batting as low in a chase of 217.”

But Thala's primary skill is DRS!

Gambhir is known to be salty with Dhoni but here his criticism is valid. And there is contradiction in what Dhoni said post match. He said he has not played for a long time & bio bubble has not helped. So, will he get batting time/form by batting below everyone? What kind of bizzare logic is this? Best way to get back into the groove is by playing more balls..

I don't know why he is selling himself short, his fans were thinking we ll see a freewheeling Dhoni one last time & Dhoni bhaiyya hamara chewtiya kaat rahe hain.

59 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Gambhir is known to be salty with Dhoni but here his criticism is valid. And there is contradiction in what Dhoni said post match. He said he has not played for a long time & bio bubble has not helped. So, will he get batting time/form by batting below everyone? What kind of bizzare logic is this? Best way to get back into the groove is by playing more balls..

I don't know why he is selling himself short, his fans were thinking we ll see a freewheeling Dhoni one last time & Dhoni bhaiyya hamara chewtiya kaat rahe hain.

Low on confidence ? Maybe avoiding the spinners. He struggles against them. I will wait for one more game. 2018 was exact feeling. 0 in first. garbage in 2nd. Woke up from 3rd game to be one of the highest scorer for csk.  

1 minute ago, sscomp32 said:

Low on confidence ? Maybe avoiding the spinners. He struggles against them. I will wait for one more game. 2018 was exact feeling. 0 in first. garbage in 2nd. Woke up from 3rd game to be one of the highest scorer for csk.  

He should give himself chance to get the confidence & batting form back by batting no.5 atleast. Pushing himself down the order won't help him much. 

There is one more pertinent point Gambhir has made regarding absence of Raina. In his absence, Dhoni is pushing others up but not himself. I, for one wanted Dhoni to end this finisher crap this season & be more destructive post retirement.