Dravida bug spreading in Bengaluru

coffee_rules

when comes to food , royalseema ( or rayalaseema ) food is the spiciest/hot i have ever tasted ..  nobody can replicate their food .. 

kirtunga in blore serves rayalseema food , even telugus from other parts of andhra/telangana might find it spicy :lol: 

4 minutes ago, velu said:

when comes to food , royalseema ( or rayalaseema ) food is the spiciest/hot i have ever tasted ..  nobody can replicate their food .. 

kirtunga in blore serves rayalseema food , even telugus from other parts of andhra/telangana might find it spicy :lol: 

+100, Best for spicy food. Chettinaad is second best.

10 minutes ago, velu said:

our idiappam maker :giggle:

we call this dish as sandavai .. we eat it with panchamirtham ( jaggery + mashed ripe banana )  instead of coconut milk in our area 

sandhagai-20-of-43.jpg?resize=550,830&ss

idiyappam_L.jpg

palani-panchamirtham.jpg

You preach it man. Don't let that kannadiga talk over you. talk over him that wants to talk over you. use your authority :police:

19 minutes ago, velu said:

hyderabadi biriyani :yum:

never seen a saravana bhawan in my life :(( 

whatever idly + vada costs 150rs is lolworthy .. idly is a comfort food , not a designer food  :lol: 

What does that mean. Idli was a daily breakfast for me and on the odd occassion i had a dosa

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

What does that mean. Idli was a daily breakfast for me and on the odd occassion i had a dosa

Works great as dinner too. In fact since the quarantine started , I have been having 2-3 idlies almost 3-4 times a week for dinner. Helped me lose weight. 

Edited by maniac

7 minutes ago, velu said:

telugus from other parts of andhra/telangana might find it spicy

I come from a place (South Telangana) known for the spiciest food. All my friends who used to visit my house (in Hyd) used to huss puss :phew:  when they ate my mom-made-food. 

And then I visited Kurnool (Rayalseema) for my friend's wedding. Let's just say it was my turn for huss pussing. :((

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

I come from a place (South Telangana) known for the spiciest food. All my friends who used to visit my house (in Hyd) used to huss puss :phew:  when they ate my mom-made-food. 

And then I visited Kurnool (Rayalseema) for my friend's wedding. Let's just say it was my turn for huss pussing. :((

The only time I have visited the Rayalseema region is Tirupati. Obviously not exactly a vacation time to try cuisines. I have been a vegetarian most of my life anyways except during those college years. The first question any cab guy or an auto guy asks the moment you come down to the lower Tirupathi after darshan is “sir do you want to go to a very good Biryani place” :laugh: because once the darshan is over for most Bhakts it is the liquor store and non-veg food is the immediate next destination. I heard it is the same in Sabarmimala as there is apparently a liquor store right there  where you exit from the premises. 

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Regarding Sanskrit, its mainly used in temples only brahmins use it. so we are coming back to the topic here :laugh:. dravidian movement has put brahmins and sanksrit in an unfavorable position. There may have been some mistreatment from brahmins towards the lower class in the past and its not a one way street. the lower class also tease the brahmins as tahir (not imran tahir :p:) sadam meaning curd rice. Dravidian movement capitalized on this divide and made it a wedge between the classes. Tam Brams either go to other parts of India or go abroad. If there is a group who is the most intellectually talented in India but are grossly underrepresented not represented at all, its the tambrams. And its a sad end for India that this brain drain is real

It is being revived by SanskritBharati and other Indic organizations to make it pan-Hindu and not just for temple priests. I have started to learn Sanskrit through them before it all stopped due to Covid.  Sanskrit was made dead by British Macaulay and the Macaulay Putters after India got independence. Raja Ram Mohan Roy petiitioned the BEICo to induct Macaulay's education in India to replace the old Gurukul system. Dharam Pal has documented or provided data proof of how the education system worked in India before British came.

It was mostly Sanskrit based for all castes. Then the respective professions would be taught so they can be useful later in life. It became a thing of oppression as well. It is not all bad , but not completely good as Dharmics claim. Sanskrit was the link language pan India. That was how sadhus and saints travelled around and preached in a commin language. Sankara from Kerala went to North to Kashmir and established the chaar mathas. Vivekananda came down south and preached the antiquity and reform of Hindu society. They all used Sanskrit. We have rendered it useless because of discontinuation of our civilizational school system. 

There was scope for so much improvement, I have studied science - Phy/Chem/Bio in Kannada medium till 8th. Most of the scientific terminology had equivalent words derieved from Sanskrit. Bhugol (Geography) shows we knew of Heliocentrism much before the west. If there was some leadership drive during Independence movement to move back to our roots, we could have developed more like China/Korea. Insteas we chose English. Once in place for 5 generations and all of India, we cannot divorce now. English has to be link language. I was convinced of three language formula, but this has put a disadvantage on other states , as they become second-class. IMO, we should move on from this divide and embrace practicality. Let's try to talk in English or official languages of India (all 14/18 of them). Use technology to translate from English to HIndi/whatever language as they do in EU. Go forward using S&T, If we can have Google Translate, we can do good with link language issue. Those who can't afford, will get by anyhow - practically. 

The HindiImposition is mainly used by political parties to oppose Central rule to gain popularity. A kind of division to garner votes/political training for youth cadre to move up the ladder in the regional parties.

BTW, TamBrams are called worse than mere TairSaadams. They are derogatively referred to as ‘Parpaan’ or “Parpanar” by the DKs/DMKs. I

Edited by coffee_rules

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

sir do you want to go to a very good Biryani place” :laugh: because once the darshan is over for most Bhakts it is the liquor store and non-veg food is the immediate next destination.

It's pretty much the same everywhere except Srisailam where alcohol and non-veg are banned. Even smokes. 

For most dudes, visiting these holy sites is more about "having fun" and recreational pleasures than devotion. :phehe:

For them, reasons to visit Tirupati...

20% - Balaji

80% - Tangdi kabab and Biryani

53 minutes ago, velu said:

we call this dish as sandavai .. we eat it with panchamirtham ( jaggery + mashed ripe banana )  instead of coconut milk in our area 

sandhagai-20-of-43.jpg?resize=550,830&ss

idiyappam_L.jpg

palani-panchamirtham.jpg

Ayyo, not with panchamritha. This is abomination. It is supposed to be with sesame and peanut powder (ellu pudi) and gasgase (khus khus which is made from opium!) payasam in the sweet version. In the khara version - it is prepared like lemon rice which is called idiappam in TN/Kerala. But the sweet version is the best , when had hot. Man, I am f'in hungry now.

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

These idiots don’t even know Kannada, spouting T-shirts with wrong grammar, or copycats of a similar Tamil teriyathu poda T-shirts in Kannada. Some b-grade actors are also supporting it

Ehv7zqaU8AA7USP?format=jpg&name=large

Prakash Raj acting in all languages including Hindi shamelessly spouting a   T - shirt “ I don’t know Hindi”! 

All bandwagoners 

That bgrade looks like Rahane lol

54 minutes ago, velu said:

Rayalseema is tirupati surroundings is it ? I know food there is spicy mostly chilli. Chetinaad is more about curry leaves and pepper..

1 hour ago, velu said:

you take dosa , Uthappam and idli .. :rcb:

but idiappam , Raagi ball and kooll ( or koozh) came from our area only :yess: 

Even now if we want to prepare mysorepa and other milk sweets in bulk , we call pandaram ( temple priest ) to our home to prepare ..

probably these guys might have passed the recipe everywhere or been employed in Mysore palace kitchen as well 

Dei venna.. Who told you dosa iddli came from elsewhere ? You are accepting that ?

40 minutes ago, maniac said:

Works great as dinner too. In fact since the quarantine started , I have been having 2-3 idlies almost 3-4 times a week for dinner. Helped me lose weight. 

Yes. its a staple diet for all times. Sometimes during school, I ate idliles in the morning and packed some for lunch too because it was the easiest to make. Although I would have 4 idlies. 2-3 is too small but of course that depends on the size of the idlies. Also Idlies is a great carb (supposedly a miracle food accordign to whatsapp researchers :phehe:) because it also involves fermentation. Idly has an advantage over dosa in that it doesn't involve oil. Dosa when cooked with sesame oil or peanut oil is just as good but they are very expensive these days. I will write how the food industry is marketing cheap vegetable oils and make traditional oils more expensive in another thread

1 hour ago, velu said:

Have had it as prasad, honey+banana+milk+jaggery+kismis+grapes and some other ingredients though 5 are must and common.