Dravida bug spreading in Bengaluru

coffee_rules

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Do you remember the places you went to?

No idea. I can tell you this, I had gone there to attend a wedding and stayed an extra night due to my bus reservation. So it was in and around the wedding hall which was supposed to be one of the more fancier ones there. Anything come to mind?

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

It should be English. Love it or hate it the fact the Indian economy is what it is due to the English proficiency of all our Engineers, management folk etc. some of theee guys come from regional medium too.

If you have interest in HindI because You like the literature, movies etc that’s personal choice and obviously if you live in a Hindi speaking region you have to respect the people enough to learn it and that applies to anyone living in a different state.

Enforcing Hindi as a uniform language is useless.

A valid point but only one side of the argument.

What about the migrant labor force from the West, North and Eastern parts that move to the South and take up daily wage jobs? Most of these people have limited to zero English proficiency. We are taking about lakhs of people.

I agree, Hindi should not be enforced. But it can't be neglected altogether. Need to strike a balance. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Lump of sugar and sand :hysterical:

Enjoy the real good stuff

From Badam Holige To Dry Fruit Holige, This Holige Mane in Bengaluru Has It  All - MetroSaga

Holige Mane Menu, Menu for Holige Mane, Malleshwaram, Bangalore

Marketing fad, like the 100 types of dosay. They are not Holige at all , some are made up fusion concoction. You should get Mysore Pak from Asha Sweets or Shri Krishna sweets. Don’t buy it from a mallu kaka bakery

Edited by coffee_rules

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

No idea. I can tell you this, I had gone there to attend a wedding and stayed an extra night due to my bus reservation. So it was in and around the wedding hall which was supposed to be one of the more fancier ones there. Anything come to mind?

Was it Jubilee/Milagres or TMA Pai?

@diga, @coffee_rules @jalebi_bhai there is an old not so pc joke about Kannada i heard from a family member who lived in Bengaluru. 

He said picking Kannada was the easiest thing ever, he said he just speaks Telugu and replaces every word to start with an

”H”

Example  “naaku tea kaavali” which means I want tea in Kannada becomes “haaku tea haavali” and there you have Kannada :phehe:

For many years I thought that was a trivia and not a joke 

59 minutes ago, velu said:

it’s origin is Coimbatore .. 

Cbe was with Mysore kingdom till then ,  so got the  name  Mysore pak 

If you claim that, then I say, Dosa, Idli is all  from Davangere area. Also, filter coffee originated from Karnataka, we call it Kalgacchu, a concoction of coffee, milk, and jaggery. BTW, Sambar was first cooked by a Maratha cook who came along with Sambaji and it was attributed to the king, son of Shivaji.

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

@diga, @coffee_rules @jalebi_bhai there is an old not so pc joke about Kannada i heard from a family member who lived in Bengaluru. 

He said picking Kannada was the easiest thing ever, he said he just speaks Telugu and replaces every word to start with an

”H”

Example  “naaku tea kaavali” which means I want tea in Kannada becomes “haaku tea haavali” and there you have Kannada :phehe:

For many years I thought that was a trivia and not a joke 

No way it works that way buddy.. "haaku tea" translates to serve me tea (more in an ordering tone)

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

There was never a tamil seccesionist movement. EVR the founder of DK wanted the British to stay so he is more like their spy. A real seccession movement was in SL and everybody knows how it ended and how many innocent people on both sides lost their lives. However, someone coming to the south and demanding us to speak in Hindi is unreasonable and should be opposed

He also met Jinnah and proposed support for his Independent Madras state out of Indian union. Jinnah used him like a useful Idiot, when ML won all the Muslim MPs in the 1946 elections in the Madras Presidency. Even those people wanted Pakistan to be created. Anna Durai broke away from EVR because of his seccesionist movement and also because he married controversially. This rational movement of DK/EVR is all a hogwash to ploarize people for power.