So how to get excited for the IPL?

Austin 3:!6

IPL Excitement Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the IPL?

5 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Looking forward to it.. 

Having high hopes on Abdul Samad.. hope this guy solves our middle order woes. 

I really hope we get to see him . Am also waiting for watch nagarkoti , tyagi. Yashasvi should get lots of opportunity RR are a crap team.

With no cricket for so long its unlikely one isnt excited. Infact with people likely to stay home, given current covid cases, in terms of eyeballs and revenue this should be a great year for IPL.  

17 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

I still have hopes on him ... is he not that good ?

In the few times he has played at the international level, Shivam Dube has just not looked comfortable.  He came in with so much hype - like he was the next Yuvraj - but has shown very little to justify it.  Even the one T20 knock where he made a 50, he looked edgy and lucked out.  So, I am very cautious and don't get too excited about power-hitters in India.  

I don’t know if it was the withdrawal of not watching a big cricketing event with all the Indian stars but this felt like it was a pretty good game of cricket. Very high quality bar a couple of ordinary fielding errors that could happen anytime.

Edited by maniac
3 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

Were you intoxicated when you posted this?

Unfortunately no. but I am while posting this, so safe to say I stick through with it regardless.

Now I don’t care your personal  sobriety status but you are free to tell me why you think otherwise, it’s ok it’s a free forum we can discuss, no points for winning or losing an argument/ debate

Edited by maniac

Too many fat dudes.  And those "couple of fielding mistakes" you referred to earlier were not "fielding mistakes", they were fat guys with no effort to try and stop the ball.  A lot of them looked like your typical Sunday Cricket Beer League player yet they are getting paid a LOT of money to go out and put on a half ass effort.

It's been said a million times so I hate to beat the dead horse, but 20/20 cricket is the best thing to draw excitement to the game and the worst thing for improving the quality of play at the same time.  I hate it, but I can't avoid it.  Very strange, very cool.

8 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

Too many fat dudes.  And those "couple of fielding mistakes" you referred to earlier were not "fielding mistakes", they were fat guys with no effort to try and stop the ball.  A lot of them looked like your typical Sunday Cricket Beer League player yet they are getting paid a LOT of money to go out and put on a half ass effort.

It's been said a million times so I hate to beat the dead horse, but 20/20 cricket is the best thing to draw excitement to the game and the worst thing for improving the quality of play at the same time.  I hate it, but I can't avoid it.  Very strange, very cool.

To mat dekho, mana kar do