Austin 3:!6

So how to get excited for the IPL?

IPL Excitement Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the IPL?

Considering India has not played since March, we as fans should be waiting with bated breath for saturday. But somehow not getting that excitement for the IPL. Infact I was more excited about the WI-Eng, Pak-Eng test series.

So what are the key things to look forward to and get excited about the IPL?

Discuss.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

10 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Considering India has not played since March, we as fans should be waiting with bated breath for saturday. But somehow not getting that excitement for the IPL. Infact I was more excited about the WI-Eng, Pak-Eng test series.

So what are the key things to look forward to and get excited about the IPL?

Discuss.

Watch it for the upcoming stars. Seeing them go toe to toe with current superstars lets you know their worth, something not possible in other form of domestic cricket as the Seniors hardly play in them. The IPL for the last few years has been just that for me and am extremely excited for this year as well.

21 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Watch it for the upcoming stars. Seeing them go toe to toe with current superstars lets you know their worth, something not possible in other form of domestic cricket as the Seniors hardly play in them. The IPL for the last few years has been just that for me and am extremely excited for this year as well.

List the youngsters you are most looking forward to

I generally watch European clay (tennis) tournaments during IPL season, hate it cos Nadal is my least favorite player. This time again both are coinciding, and once again I will be cheering for every player up against the clay machine. 

May follow scorecards of Punjab and DC matches, some highlights maybe if some of my favorites do well. 

OP, why do you want to get excited for something? If you find it exciting enjoy, else so many other avenues for entertainment. 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

List the youngsters you are most looking forward to

Lots mate. I believe the last couple of years have seen a rise in new players getting in over experience. Its going to be even better this year.

Some i expect to see lay down the marker this year:

Padikkal(RCB)

Jaiswal, Kartik Tyagi, Rawat, Riyan(RR)

Shaw(DC)

Samad(SRH)

Sarfaraz, Bishnoi(KXIP)

Mavi, Gill, Nagarkoti, Prasidh(KKR)

So basically one could follow every game to see these guys play and luckily I have lots of time to kill as well:p:

@OP Due to lack of Indian cricket (domestic or internationa), this year, I have invested in IPL. My main follow will be:

KIXP-Kar - with 6 players from Kar in this team captained by IPL hero KLRahul and coached by my fav Kar player Kumble

RCB - Town fav only interest if Padikkal performs and when/if  we win (#ESCN - Ee Sala Cup Namde) and a bit soft corner for Kohli to win at least one major tournament as captain, now that he is an expecting father, C'mon Dad Army!)   

Rooting for CSK/MI fail. :hitler: Baddimaklu, always win

So, enough interest if you pick favs. I always want to look for young tearawayfastbowlers or wrist spinners to succeed for cricket's sake.

Go IPL !!   :kp::rcb:

After the first one, I am most excited about this IPL.  I think it is cricket withdrawal - I am ready for any cricket.  I even watched some Ranji, SMA, Hazare highlights to keep me going.  Hotstar has highlights of all IPL finals so far.  Plus, like @Vickydev  said, it seems like there's a ton of new young Indian talent to follow this time around.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, Vickydev said:

Lots mate. I believe the last couple of years have seen a rise in new players getting in over experience. Its going to be even better this year.

Some i expect to see lay down the marker this year:

Padikkal(RCB)

Jaiswal, Kartik Tyagi, Rawat, Riyan(RR)

Shaw(DC)

Samad(SRH)

Sarfaraz, Bishnoi(KXIP)

Mavi, Gill, Nagarkoti, Prasidh(KKR)

So basically one could follow every game to see these guys play and luckily I have lots of time to kill as well:p:

Nice list .  Just the list i would have listed down.  Success of Kamlesh , Bishnoi , Shaw & Prasidh will pave way for india contention and make india team very good if they improve &  are consistent . Along with this,  Kuldeep, Hardik ( as allrounder), Pant should get their mojo back this year.

5 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Looking forward to it.. 

Having high hopes on Abdul Samad.. hope this guy solves our middle order woes. 

I really hope we get to see him . Am also waiting for watch nagarkoti , tyagi. Yashasvi should get lots of opportunity RR are a crap team.

With no cricket for so long its unlikely one isnt excited. Infact with people likely to stay home, given current covid cases, in terms of eyeballs and revenue this should be a great year for IPL.  

17 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

I still have hopes on him ... is he not that good ?

In the few times he has played at the international level, Shivam Dube has just not looked comfortable.  He came in with so much hype - like he was the next Yuvraj - but has shown very little to justify it.  Even the one T20 knock where he made a 50, he looked edgy and lucked out.  So, I am very cautious and don't get too excited about power-hitters in India.  

I don’t know if it was the withdrawal of not watching a big cricketing event with all the Indian stars but this felt like it was a pretty good game of cricket. Very high quality bar a couple of ordinary fielding errors that could happen anytime.

Edited by maniac

3 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

Were you intoxicated when you posted this?

Unfortunately no. but I am while posting this, so safe to say I stick through with it regardless.

Now I don’t care your personal  sobriety status but you are free to tell me why you think otherwise, it’s ok it’s a free forum we can discuss, no points for winning or losing an argument/ debate

Edited by maniac

Too many fat dudes.  And those "couple of fielding mistakes" you referred to earlier were not "fielding mistakes", they were fat guys with no effort to try and stop the ball.  A lot of them looked like your typical Sunday Cricket Beer League player yet they are getting paid a LOT of money to go out and put on a half ass effort.

It's been said a million times so I hate to beat the dead horse, but 20/20 cricket is the best thing to draw excitement to the game and the worst thing for improving the quality of play at the same time.  I hate it, but I can't avoid it.  Very strange, very cool.

8 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

Too many fat dudes.  And those "couple of fielding mistakes" you referred to earlier were not "fielding mistakes", they were fat guys with no effort to try and stop the ball.  A lot of them looked like your typical Sunday Cricket Beer League player yet they are getting paid a LOT of money to go out and put on a half ass effort.

It's been said a million times so I hate to beat the dead horse, but 20/20 cricket is the best thing to draw excitement to the game and the worst thing for improving the quality of play at the same time.  I hate it, but I can't avoid it.  Very strange, very cool.

To mat dekho, mana kar do