Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

Just like in baseball pitching a bowler cannot rely on pace alone.  While a baseball pitcher has to develop at least two other pitches (curveball, slider, changeup, etc) a great bowler needs to be able to change line and lengths.  The batsmen at this level are too good to be beaten just by pace.  Look at the great baseball hitters, you throw them 100 mph in the same place twice and they will wreck your sh!t.  Put some movement on it at 95 mph and you become hall of fame pitcher.

5 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

There were only 3 people from memory who clocked 150 in the PSL. Those being Wahab (has crossed it before), Hasnain (bowled 150 in the CPL and 155 against AFG in a warm up match before the WC) and Shaheen who's clocked high speeds at international level as well. Rauf was injured during the PSL but I believe he crossed 150 in the BBL. 

Naseem is quicker than every bowler you have on average pace so pipe down LMAO. 

Pakistan's Young Players to Watch - CricViz

Pipe dream?lol

This is something you guys arr going through wherw some child uncle will run through top lineups with extreme pace by just turning up only to fall flat in reality,just wake up you delusion driven lot,better for you guys

Laugh your arse out while reading your posts as much as you like

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Pipe dream?lol

This is something you guys arr going through wherw some child uncle will run through top lineups with extreme pace by just turning up only to fall flat in reality,just wake up you delusion driven lot,better for you guys

Laugh your arse out while reading your posts as much as you like

I never said anything about Naseem being a world beater as of right now, so good job on shifting the goal posts. I'm more than happy to admit our test match fast bowling is mediocre; it is to be expected when 2/3 have played a handful of first class games and the other can barely cross 130kph anymore after his shoulder injury. 

1 minute ago, Ellipsism said:

I never said anything about Naseem being a world beater as of right now, so good job on shifting the goal posts. I'm more than happy to admit our test match fast bowling is mediocre; it is to be expected when 2/3 have played a handful of first class games and the other can barely cross 130kph anymore after his shoulder injury. 

Goal post shifting is what you have made in this and above posts,you were the only who made a failed attempt to overhype that uncle here,which you people do in that mental asylum of a forum this is not the case here

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Goal post shifting is what you have made in this and above posts,you were the only who made a failed attempt to overhype that uncle here,which you people do in that mental asylum of a forum this is not the case here

Can you read? I only ever mentioned Naseem when you said all our bowlers were 150 KPH superstars in the PSL and trundlers as soon as they step out of it. Point out for me where I mentioned anything along the lines of Naseem presently being a world class bowler. 

2 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Can you read? I only ever mentioned Naseem when you said all our bowlers were 150 KPH superstars in the PSL and trundlers as soon as they step out of it. Point out for me where I mentioned anything along the lines of Naseem presently being a world class bowler. 

Go through my posts which were for you

Edited by Suhaan

6 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Naseem is quicker than every bowler you have on average pace

Since Naseem's debut, India has played just 3 tests. 

Bumrah has played just 2 of those tests while coming back from stress fracture of his back. He was sharp but obviously a tad slower than his best due to this. 

Saini has not played a test. 

These are our 2 capped pacers who can average 87 mph+ in the longer versions. ( Shami averages 85 mph to 86 mph )

If Naseem can average 87 mph + for a significant period of time in tests then it would be creditable irrespective of how quick Indians are.

9 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

Why are you lot so insecure about pace LMAO. Who cares if the commentator doesn't go gaga over an Indian bowling above 140; and no the speed guns aren't tuned down deliberately just for the Indian bowlers. Saw the same "speed gun not working" bs on the NZ tour as well. 

Heard a lot about these upcoming quicks in India, from the highlights I've seen here and there haven't been too impressed by many. I still stand by what I said 2 years ago in that Mavi is the best of the lot from your upcoming quicks.  

So Indians are clocking higher speeds in middle east because of genetics more strength basically, physical strength related issue and malnutrition in pak is a problem very evident commiserations. OK bye.

6 hours ago, Ellipsism said:

There were only 3 people from memory who clocked 150 in the PSL. Those being Wahab (has crossed it before), Hasnain (bowled 150 in the CPL and 155 against AFG in a warm up match before the WC) and Shaheen who's clocked high speeds at international level as well. Rauf was injured during the PSL but I believe he crossed 150 in the BBL. 

Naseem is quicker than every bowler you have on average pace so pipe down LMAO. 

Anyone can post some random bar chart its apparent to folks that Indian bowlers bowl faster than pak bowlers because of genetics, physical strength basically. :winky:

Cricviz has analysed the most accurate pacers in test cricket in the last 15 years ....

" The first player we focus on is the mighty impressive Indian spearhead Jasprit Bumrah with 41.4% in the good zone. Bumrah made his debut in 2018 and since then has turned this present Indian seam attack into the best among all current teams and the best ever Indian attack by far. Bumrah’s got it all – accuracy, pace, seam movement – making him the potent bowler that he is. He bowls at an average speed 139.2 kph – the highest of all the bowlers in this list of accurate bowlers. 36% of his deliveries have a seam movement of more than 0.75 degrees – the fourth highest among all bowlers to have bowled 1000+ balls in our database. "

https://www.cricviz.com/who-are-the-most-accurate-pace-bowlers-in-test-cricket

And, as Bumrah bowls quite a few slower balls in test matches even ... the average speed of his non-slower balls must be more than 140 kph or 87 mph.  And we are talking about his entire test career here.

So, in the last 15 years, Bumrah is the quickest among the most accurate pacers in the world and gets the 4th most seam movement. Combines pace, bounce, accuracy and seam movement.

We have a very very special pacer.

p.s -- I will post this in the Cricket Talk section too.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, Vilander said:
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

So Indians are clocking higher speeds in middle east because of genetics more strength basically, physical strength related issue and malnutrition in pak is a problem very evident commiserations. OK bye.

I never discredited the Indian bowlers who clocked good speeds. I just pointed out the incessant whining of a few posters who needed the validation of foreign commentators. 

The genetics line doesn’t help when the best fast bowler you’ve ever produced is a Punjabi Jatt...

1 hour ago, Ellipsism said:

I just pointed out the incessant whining of a few posters who needed the validation of foreign commentators. 

Not really !!

Most of us here want the removal of those commentators, both foreign and Indian, who falsely talk down young Indian players.

We don't want the validation of those commentators but their removal from the IPL comnentary panel. Just like Pakistanis were removed from all aspects of the IPL.

Manjrekar has already been removed and so should be Morrison, Bhogle,Hayden and Slater.

I never discredited the Indian bowlers who clocked good speeds. I just pointed out the incessant whining of a few posters who needed the validation of foreign commentators. 

The genetics line doesn’t help when the best fast bowler you’ve ever produced is a Punjabi Jatt...

Abe commentating is meant to be heard,if they come to an Indian tournament take home Indian money and deliberately underate Indian pacers,why shouldn't we complain?

Guys dont want Unadkats,Bhaitias to be falsely praised, genuine observation ,comments are required to create a fan following,which isn't happening as they are inorganically downplaying those who don't fall to that catogory(low pace,average)

whining is something which goes day in and day out in pee pee go n preach your bhaijaans

Edited by Suhaan

. I just pointed out the incessant whining of a few posters who needed the validation of foreign commentators. 

He is not whining nor asking for any validation, he is just pointing out few foreign commies who deliberately downplay indian pacers for their pace, gravity of those facts and go out of their way to soft pedal them.