Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

The likes of Furguson , Nortje , Starc , Archer  Wood are in a different speed bracket to the indian quicks by the looks of it . 

For context , India's fastest Saini bowled at an average speed of 139 kph the last game while Lockie is bowling at an average of 146kph , a good 7 kph quicker.

Bumrah has stood out for me . dissapointed with the others considering this is t20 cricket.

3 minutes ago, the don said:

The likes of Furguson , Nortje , Starc , Archer  Wood are in a different speed bracket to the indian quicks by the looks of it . 

For context , India's fastest Saini bowled at an average speed of 139 kph the last game while Lockie is bowling at an average of 146kph , a good 7 kph quicker.

Bumrah has stood out for me . dissapointed with the others considering this is t20 cricket.

Fergusan has hardly bowl 6 ball. Let him do considerable amount of ball...btw have you seen more no of 140 kph ball in this ipl. Saini was only behined nortje who was number one. So not sure from where you pull your data or it may be just your subconscious bias.

Just now, raki05 said:

Fergusan has hardly bowl 6 ball. Let him do considerable amount of ball...btw have you seen more no of 140 kph ball in this ipl. Saini was only behined nortje who was number one. So not sure from where you pull your data or it may be just your subconscious bias.

Hawkeye from the IPL t20 website .

Multiple bowlers have hit 150 kph , all foreigners so far . Bumrah has been the most impressive Indian bowler for me followed by Saini.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Furgusson has already crossed 150 kph multiple times in his 2 overs , so hardly grounds for pace comparison here.

Just now, the don said:

Furgusson has already crossed 150 kph multiple times in his 2 overs , so hardly grounds for pace comparison here.

It's inly about tip speed yes fergusan, archer and nortje are above all...but in terms of avg speed Saini was no 2. But I agree like last year Indian pacers are not reaching at their top speed where Saini has ball multiple balls above 150 and Mavi also reached 150. That may be due to injury of Mavi and Nagarkotti and also Krishna and Saini were out of practice during this lockdown. But bumrah is as consistent as always.

4 minutes ago, the don said:

And no all foreign pace ball bowlers are not head and soldier above to Indian. Only Nortje, Archer are above so far Rabada is at par or below bumrah in this ipl where as Saini is better than cummins both on speed and performance.

3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

It's inly about tip speed yes fergusan, archer and nortje are above all...but in terms of avg speed Saini was no 2. But I agree like last year Indian pacers are not reaching at their top speed where Saini has ball multiple balls above 150 and Mavi also reached 150. That may be due to injury of Mavi and Nagarkotti and also Krishna and Saini were out of practice during this lockdown. But bumrah is as consistent as always.

22 minutes ago, raki05 said:

It's inly about tip speed yes fergusan, archer and nortje are above all...but in terms of avg speed Saini was no 2. But I agree like last year Indian pacers are not reaching at their top speed where Saini has ball multiple balls above 15
0 and Mavi also reached 150. That may be due to injury of Mavi and Nagarkotti and also Krishna and Saini were out of practice during this lockdown. But bumrah is as consistent as always.

There are 6 foreigners in the list of top 50 quickest balls of the season and no Indian . That's the point .

Saini is at number 55.  Infact he is the only indian in the list of 100 quickest balls of the tournament.

Edited by the don

1 minute ago, the don said:

There are 6 foreigners in the list of top 50 quickest balls of the season and no Indian . That's the point .

Saini is at number 55.  

As said it's not just top speed...look at avg speed where Rabada, Pattinson and Cummins stand. Do ur research and comeback. Bowling at fast speed consistently matters. Pattinson, Cummins and Rabada I am sure below based on last week stats which came where Saini was only behined nortje to ball more number of 140 balls. 

On 10/17/2020 at 3:03 AM, Ellipsism said:

I never discredited the Indian bowlers who clocked good speeds. I just pointed out the incessant whining of a few posters who needed the validation of foreign commentators. 

The genetics line doesn’t help when the best fast bowler you’ve ever produced is a Punjabi Jatt...

Pakistan looses every wrestling boxing athletics match against India. Lol its not even a competition man may be its not genetics I am guessing its more nutrition.