Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

A short fellow . Shot stuff by a short bowler works at U-19 level but not much chance at international level.

Scouts would take these things in consideration. 

Sushant isn't that short, about 5'10. He is with RCB at this point as a net bowler.

7 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

A short fellow . Shot stuff by a short bowler works at U-19 level but not much chance at international level.

Scouts would take these things in consideration. 

You mean 5-9 and 5-10 should never play International cricket? Its not like its 5-2 in height. 5-9 or 5-10 can generate decent pace and bounce if they improving their landing leg and have proper biomechanics.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

You mean 5-9 and 5-10 should never play International cricket? Its not like its 5-2 in height. 5-9 or 5-10 can generate decent pace and bounce if they improving their landing leg and have proper biomechanics.

A certain bowler by the name Waqar Younis was 5'10'. Wasnt exactly known for spinning the ball.

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

A certain bowler by the name Waqar Younis was 5'10'. Wasnt exactly known for spinning the ball.

Yes, its a myth  that shorter height bowlers can’t bowl fast.

Its good to invest in top candidates and right now they happen to be all with good height. And its fine but we can’t sideline anyone who is shorter than 5 ‘11’ if they show promise.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Also, Mohammad Shami and Fidel Edwards are two bowlers with not great height.

I have enjoyed watching both of these bowlers.

Fidel Edwards is one of the quickest ever in history. It's very difficult for a short bowler to survive by bowling 135. Has to be 145. Most of these successful short bowlers could bowl 145. 

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Alex.jpg?1527769588

14971.jpg

Older adults can get shorter because the cartilage between their joints gets worn out and osteoporosis causes the spinal column to become shorter,” he says. “Adults can also lose lean muscle mass but gain fat. This is a condition called sarcopenia.”

https://uamshealth.com/medical-myths/do-people-shrink-as-they-age/

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Older adults can get shorter because the cartilage between their joints gets worn out and osteoporosis causes the spinal column to become shorter,” he says. “Adults can also lose lean muscle mass but gain fat. This is a condition called sarcopenia.”

https://uamshealth.com/medical-myths/do-people-shrink-as-they-age/

Dont you think its a little far stretched now. And that too for someone who was a top notch athlete. Even during his playing days, commentator used to call him 5'10'ish.  I am talking from what I heard around 93-94ish during one of the commentaries.

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

that wont be more than an inch unless they get crooked

Waqar must have shrunk by 1 and 1/2 inches as they say1/2- 1 inches loss occurs in every 10 years time after 40  in 15-20 years span

So there may be a possibility he has shrunk by an inch and a half,happens to most people  i believe more so to South Asians

Edited by Suhaan

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

how about likes of abbas, vaas ,philander even kulasekara was no1 bowler in odis at a time ,kapil too was similar height .

Here we are talking about LOIs. Kulasekra did well for some time, could not have a long career. Also, Kapil wasn't short.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Dont you think its a little far stretched now. And that too for someone who was a top notch athlete. Even during his playing days, commentator used to call him 5'10'ish.  I am talking from what I heard around 93-94ish during one of the commentaries.

Yeah im not saying he was 6+,what i said was even if he was 6 he could have shrunk over the years by 1-1 and half inches