Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

40 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

What Brett Lee said was very common issue with bowlers which coaches have started rectifying these days after recent fast bowling researches

i remember some analysis on ashwin and how his action and body was missing the pivot/rotation.. looks like same applies to fastest of bowlers?

5 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

i remember some analysis on ashwin and how his action and body was missing the pivot/rotation.. looks like same applies to fastest of bowlers?

In fast bowlers, it's not the rotation but hip shoulder separation.  Different types of fast bowlers need different techniques. There is no one perfect technique but depends on your type.

18 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Yes,hip shoulder separation puts your body in sync to optimize your performance,even in baseball its recommended

But fast bowling has more to do other than this

Edited by Suhaan

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

For knee dominant bowlers its primary thing to do

Knee dominants struggle with hip shoulder separation because of their inability to rotate their backfoot as they spend more time on backfoot to generate pace.

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

Lee reckons Saini can bowl even quicker if his front foot is not splaying and if it's much straighter it will lead to better transfer of weight and lesser presure on ligaments. @Suhaan @express bowling @rkt.india

Bro, I feel that at Saini's age ( 27 ),  it is better not to tinker with his action much ... unless there are recurrent niggles or injuries happening.

In trying to adjust at this age, he may end up developing new issues.

What do you think ?

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Saini 

Fastest.   147 kph

Average.  143 kph

Saini is becoming close to Shammi and Bumrah as India's Third pace bowler.

Umesh Yadav is declining at a fast pace..His control is an Issue, His Pace is an Issue. I think He wont be picked for any of the Indian Teams after the IPL.

What I am saying is after this IPL, it will be very clear than Umesh Yadav should not play for India in tests/odi/t20. he seemed to become a bit fatter too today.

Bhuvi bowled well today.