Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What this statistic hides is the number of effective low full tosses / attempted yorkers that Shami and Bumrah have bowled. 

Most of those low full tosses have gone for either 1 run or no runs ... and some of them have yielded wickets too.

And this happens when a pacer is quick and gets the line right with those low full tosses / attempted yorkers.

11 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Gavaskar always says "bowled length and got smashed ","now why would you bowl length". You cant bowl short either to "West Indians" ,so whats left yorker and the stale offcutter.

I believe Gavasjar mostly talks about half volleys. Maybe short of a length is a good length for Tushar to try while trying to slip the ball off surface.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lets be honest, Bumrah has the nos and the x factor. But beyond doubt, Shami is the overall package. In my book, Shami is easily just as good as a peak Imran Khan, minus ball tampering. 

Virat has done the Indian team huge injustice by being unfair to Shami on a lot of occassions.

As far as his yorkers are concerned, they are deadly on point and wicket taking. All I need to see is a few inswinging yorkers.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

What this statistic hides is the number of effective low full tosses / attempted yorkers that Shami and Bumrah have bowled. 

Most of those low full tosses have gone for either 1 run or no runs ... and some of them have yielded wickets too.

And this happens when a pacer is quick and gets the line right with those low full tosses / attempted yorkers.

I think Kartik has also bowled a lot Yorkers in last 2-3 games.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Lets be honest, Bumrah has the nos and the x factor. But beyond doubt, Shami is the overall package. In my book, Shami is easily just as good as a peak Imran Khan, minus ball tampering. 

Virat has done the Indian team huge injustice by being unfair to Shami on a lot of occassions.

As far as his yorkers are concerned, they are deadly on point and wicket taking. All I need to see is a few inswinging yorkers.

Shami is like Ryan Harris ,i find him quite similar to Harris

Will try to figure out similarity

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I think Kartik has also bowled a lot Yorkers in last 2-3 games.

Yes ... in the last 2 matches, Tyagi has bowled 2 overs where all 6 balls were good quality yorkers and attempted yorkers. 

Even ABDV could not get away his yorkers. 

And he has this quality like Bumrah ... because of his extra pace and good lines, even when his length is wrong ... he is difficult to get away.

Impressive for a 19 year old playing his first season with the big boys.

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

For me, Bumrah and Shami should play every test and every important ODI together. Their combination is usually much deadlier than what they offer individually. 

Kohli has been doing injustice to Team India by dropping Shami from ODIs.

The Bumrah and Shami pair have the potential to be an ATG fast bowling pair. The quality is simply amazing.

Edited by express bowling

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

For me, Bumrah and Shami should play every test and every important ODI together. Their combination is usually much deadlier than what they offer individually. 

Kohli has been doing injustice to Team India by dropping Shami from ODIs.

The Bumrah and Shami pair has the potential to be an ATG fast bowling pair. The quality is simply amazing.

Very true and TM should groom next in line ie Prasidh and Tyagi, these 2 shouldn't be wasted anymore

Ishant came with Indian team when he was 19

Tyagi and Prasidh can be fasttracked atleast these guys can learn on tours like Aus

With Siraj, Mavi, Nagarkoti,Kuldeep Sen etc we should be doing good but no wastage of time on Thakur, Unadkats

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Very true and TM should groom next in line ie Prasidh and Tyagi, these 2 shouldn't be wasted anymore

Ishant came with Indian team when he was 19

Tyagi and Prasidh can be fasttracked atleast these guys can learn on tours like Aus

With Siraj, Mavi, Nagarkoti,Kuldeep Sen etc we should be doing good but no wastage of time on Thakur, Unadkats

Yes ... Tyagi, Prasidh and Mavi should be identified as the next in line Indian quicks and groomed specially by the BCCI.

Bumrah. Shami, Saini, Ishant

Tyagi, Prasidh

should be Team India's quick bowling pool of 2020-21.

Mavi is as good but does not look a 100% yet.

Ishant is getting injured too frequently, is 32 years old and playing for 14 years. We need to get a tall fast bowler ready as his replacement.

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ... Tyagi, Prasidh and Mavi should be identified as the next in line Indian quicks and groomed specially by the BCCI.

Bumrah. Shami, Saini, Ishant

Tyagi, Prasidh

should be Team India's quick bowling pool of 2020-21.

Mavi is as good but does not look a 100% yet.

Ishant is getting injured too frequently, is 32 years old and playing for 14 years. We need to get a tall fast bowler ready as his replacement.

Don't you think its high time we  should have a full time quality pace bowling coach for Team India ?  They should  do away with India Only coach bias and go for some one among the best of the  pace bowling coach.  If we go for any indian coach , fear is that he will try to make all these youngsters , swing bowlers. ....:sad_smile:.

Some one like Mcdermott , Ryan Harris ....

42 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Don't you think its high time we  should have a full time quality pace bowling coach for Team India ?  They should  do away with India Only coach bias and go for some one among the best of the  pace bowling coach.  If we go for any indian coach , fear is that he will try to make all these youngsters , swing bowlers. ....:sad_smile:.

Some one like Mcdermott , Ryan Harris ....

I get the feeling that it is Kohli who calls the shots in Team India, irrespective of who the coach/ bowling coach is.

And while Kohli and his team have shown a certain vision in getting the Bumrah, Shami and Ishant trio together for test matches ... they have shown poor vision regarding creating top quality fast bowling backups for tests.

Saini should have already played most home test matches vs Afghanistan, SL, Bangladesh and the WI in the last 3 years ... and become a reasonably experienced campaigner by now.

But the TM persisted with Umesh and blocked the development of Saini in tests.

Moreover, Shami does not get to play most ODIs.  Saini has played just 5 ODIs so far.

This is where vision is needed for young fast bowler development. And a ruthlessness to implement it despite some short term issues.

We need to get Tyagi and Prasidh in the scheme of things ASAP.  But make sure that they get to play the domestic FC matches ( 4 day matches )  too

This must be our priority irrespective of who the fast bowling coach is. After all, Bumrah and Shami have managed to remain fast bowlers under Arun although Khaleel tried to be a swing bowler.

Edited by express bowling