Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

Tall pacers who get extra bounce, often make the difference in SENA countries. It is important to have atleast 1 such pacer in the playing 11 or at least the squad, who is 6'3" or more. 

Kyle Jamieson, despite being a medium pacer, made the difference during our NZ tour, because of the steep bounce he got from a very high release point.

This is very different from tests in Asia, where skiddy quick pacers, who get reverse swing, make the difference.

I am missing a tall and bouncy pacer in our squad. Heights of our pacers going to Australia  ----

Saini.        6'1" or 6'2" 

Siraj.          6'1"

Bumrah.   6'0"

Chahar.    5'11" or 6'0"

Umesh.    5'11"

Shami.     5'9"

Shardul.   5'9"

Shown on TV 

Average release points

Saini.  2.05 m

Siraj.   1.93 m

Compared to Morris 2.13 m.

Bumrah ... because of his extra long arms and high arm action  ... has a higher release point for his height ... and gets bounce like a 6'2" pacer.

This is why I really wanted Prasidh in the absence of Ishant.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Tall pacers who get extra bounce, often make the difference in SENA countries. It is important to have atleast 1 such pacer in the playing 11 or at least the squad, who is 6'3" or more. 

Kyle Jamieson, despite being a medium pacer, made the difference during our NZ tour, because of the steep bounce he got from a very high release point.

This is very different from tests in Asia, where skiddy quick pacers, who get reverse swing, make the difference.

I am missing a tall and bouncy pacer in our squad. Heights of our pacers going to Australia  ----

Saini.        6'1" or 6'2" 

Siraj.          6'1"

Bumrah.   6'0"

Chahar.    5'11" or 6'0"

Umesh.    5'11"

Shami.     5'9"

Shardul.   5'9"

Shown on TV 

Average release points

Saini.  2.05 m

Siraj.   1.93 m

Compared to Morris 2.13 m.

Bumrah ... because of his extra long arms and high arm action  ... has a higher release point for his height ... and gets bounce like a 6'2" pacer.

This is why I really wanted Prasidh in the absence of Ishant.

Prasidh is wayward to make use of his height.

54 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Can't judge by T20s.

I am talking about ODIs and tests.

A little bit of practice under Kohli / Shastri / Arun can make him more accurate.

And Umesh and Siraj can be wayward too

Umesh is useless, should not have been picked at all.

32 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Umesh is useless, should not have been picked at all.

Let's just say that he has served his team well and its time he hangs his boots. Yes, I would have loved to see Prasidh in his shoes in the Aussie tour. 

Umesh Yadav can be a mentor to young pacers. He has the right experience to tell young pacers ' what not to do'. 

36 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Umesh did something which no indian could do. Sustain pace throughout his career. I don't understand why pace bowling fans hate Umesh rather we should be grateful of Umesh for eliminating hypothesis that Indians can't bowl fast.

The very statement you made is what we thank him and Aaron for but he is no way required in Aus,he has been terrible in Aus in past 2 tours,he struggles with Kookaburra has decent control with SG,so credit is given where its due

12 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

The very statement you made is what we thank him and Aaron for but he is no way required in Aus,he has been terrible in Aus in past 2 tours,he struggles with Kookaburra has decent control with SG,so credit is given where its due

He had his time and tbh he did really well for brief period of time despite his limitations and "certain someone" hell bent on screwing him left right and centre but the hate he gets is phenomenal.  Moreover, he didn't ask for his selection, it's not his fault if selectors are such duds.

Just now, speedheat said:

He had his time and tbh he did really well for brief period of time despite his limitations and "certain someone" hell bent on screwing him left right and centre but the hate he gets is phenomenal.  Moreover, he didn't ask for his selection, it's not his fault if selectors are such duds.

Tension na lo. Khul ke baat karo. Dhoni tumhara comment yeha nahi padhega. Mai to openly usse M & B deta hoon

50 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Tension na lo. Khul ke baat karo. Dhoni tumhara comment yeha nahi padhega. Mai to openly usse M & B deta hoon

In the past I have been banned for fatuous reasons like  calling Dhoni a tony, Ice cool menthol,dhoba etc. Lol.

Extra cautious since then.

Edited by speedheat

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

You can't blame certain someone all the time because certain someone retired long time back.  Our lack of fast bowling tradition is what pulls them back.

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Dhoni is past,Umesh didn't learn either

His habit of straying on to the pads is something which no captain has answer for

Umesh bowled fast ,who doesn't acknowledge it bro?we all do

He has served India in India but his performance outside India is not satisfactory

Point is people rue a wastage of spot for him in this all important tour

3 hours ago, speedheat said:

Umesh did something which no indian could do. Sustain pace throughout his career. I don't understand why pace bowling fans hate Umesh rather we should be grateful of Umesh for eliminating hypothesis that Indians can't bowl fast.

Been a fan of Umesh ever since I saw his bowling in Irani cup I think in 2010/11. With the kind of talent he had I feel he has under achieved especially on away tours. Him and Aaron were like a breath of fresh air for fast bowling fans like me. Aaron sadly got injured quite a lot of times and didn't get enough opportunities later on. Have a lot of respect for these guys who have kept bowling fast and didn't take the safe and easy way out by slowing down after getting injured. Wish we had seen more of them bowling together for India.