Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

I don't like that much Zaheer,he is too much into technicalities of bowliing and his giving up mentality on Indian bodies don't bode well with bowling real fast spells speaks volumes of coaching ability

Agree strongly !

Agarkar speaks well and to the point,but can't judge him on that alone

But one person i would like to get into this role is Mohabbat Shami.He for me is greatest Asian pacer in last 20 years and we will be deeply unfortunate not to take his services,right kind of guy who thinks he can tame any batsmen by not backing away,i am quite impressed with his t20 skills this year,

Needs to guide kids as much as possible

Young Indian fast bowlers like Tyagi, Prasidh, Mavi and Nagarkoti need to interact with both Bumrah and Shami on a regular basis. And this can happen if they are with Team India as addition bowlers on a regular basis.

These 2 Indian fast bowlers believe that Indian bodies can bowl fast day in and day out ... they have been doing it for many years ... both are very aggressive mentally and want to blow away the batsmen with pace, bounce, passion and intensity. 

This duo know what it takes to succeed at the top level as Indian fast bowlers and take loads of wickets. They know how to stay fit.

Ishant said that Bumrah motivates the Indian fast bowling group to bowl fast " Engine garam nahi hua kya ? " is his friendly banter if someone is bowling within himself ... Bumrah said during a press conference in South Africa, during his debut test series,  " the current Indian quicks have pace too and now we can give it back to the opposition. ". Plus he is a thinking bowler.

Our young quicks need to be with Team India if there is no FC or A-team series going on.

Edited by express bowling

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I don't like that much Zaheer,he is too much into technicalities of bowliing and his giving up mentality on Indian bodies doesn't bode well with bowling real fast spells speaks volumes of coaching ability

Agarkar speaks well and to the point,but can't judge him on that alone

But one person i would like to get into this role is Mohabbat Shami.He for me is greatest Asian pacer in last 20 years and we will be deeply unfortunate not to take his services,right kind of guy who thinks he can tame any batsmen by not backing away,i am quite impressed with his t20 skills this year,

Needs to guide kids as much as possible

I hear you. However, I think a lot has been made over a statement he gave. I am not aware of him personally advising bowlers to cut down on pace. I mean, Bumrah and co in IPL are bowling regular speed. And Zaheer himself wasnt exactly medium fast for a long stretch of his career. he was pretty sharp. 

So, I am not so sure if he really tells bowlers not to bowl fast. Sometime you make statements to highlight certain points you are making. It could just be that, unless I dont know his training method deeply.

I have never understood why these fast bowlers bowl full length or on the pads during slog overs. Are the TMs still going by age old metrics and not rewarding bowlers who stick to a plan than those who spray it all around and come good once in a while? How about bowling all 6 balls wide outside the offstump even if you go for multiple wides in that process?  I would always take a wicket less 10-12 run over at death than mixing up things and ending with 15 runs and a wicket.

Edited by Vk1

58 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

I have never understood why these fast bowlers bowl full length or on the pads during slog overs. Are the TMs still going by age old metrics and not rewarding bowlers who stick to a plan than those who spray it all around and come good once in a while? How about bowling all 6 balls wide outside the offstump even if you go for multiple wides in that process?  I would always take a wicket less 10-12 run over at death than mixing up things and ending with 15 runs and a wicket.

Effective death bowlers like Bumrah bowl yorkers and attempted yorkers targeting the base of off stump or off-middle stump. 

And they often try 5 or 6 such yorkers per over, punctuated by an odd bouncer. 

Our young fast bowlers can try this model as even low full tosses ( attempted yorkers gone slightly wrong ) is not easy to hit if a pacer is bowling 140 k+.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

Can't always blame TM or coaches need some brains for that, these guys are not vigorous enough or tough mentally to bowl 5-6 Yorkers in slog overs take as a case in point yesterdays match no Yorkers were tried by koti in last over or brains used to go around the wicket and choke jaduu for runs instead he bowled half volley and a length ball.

Edited by speedheat