Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Arshdeep is a highly uninspiring, run of the mill, mediocre bowler. He just doesnt have the heart. He does everything which every other bowler does, no effort, just goes with the motion. There is no point persisting with him.

Arshdeep has done well this IPL.

14 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

but these actions are also easy to pick for the batsman ,also need to develop a big inswinger if he bowls from that angle .

I was talking about when it comes to generating pace

Just now, MultiB48 said:

tyagi's action is easier to pick for the batsmen .tyagi /koti at best can be like a mark wood but never like bumrah or archer.

Most Australian and South African pacers have actions which are not difficult to pick. 

Yet, many of them go on to become great bowlers.

The key is combining pace and bounce with accuracy and a bit of seam movement. And Tyagi has a good yorker and bouncer too.

I have high hopes of Tyagi. A 90 mph ball, coming down from a high release point, by itself poses a big difficulty if it pitches in the right area.

Nagarkoti's case is different. He is very short and lacks natural bounce. He will have a much harder time unless he becomes very skiddy at near 150 k.

8 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

tyagi's action is easier to pick for the batsmen .tyagi /koti at best can be like a mark wood but never like bumrah or archer.

My 2 pence is, Tyagi has a smooth classical action.. If he used the crease better, he will be hard to pick for batsmen. And ofcourse, experience makes a man perfect.

10 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

They tend to be much taller than us

Tyagi is about the same height as Jofra Archer and maybe slightly taller than Cummins. There are lots of successful foreign pacers who are as tall as him or shorter than him.

10 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

and also know how to use their conditions .Foreign batsmen also struggle to adapt to those conditions, openers specially play a huge role and most of the time touring openers fail to counter the kookaburra ball on those pitches.It's not just down to the ability of the pacers .

I think pacers like Donald, Steyn, Rabada, McGrath, Cummins have a lot of ability too.

22 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

My view is he has an outswinger but with his action if he can develop a good inswinger then he will be a lot more effective,he doesn't even have to come close to the stumps  .

Tyagi's stock ball used to be the big inswinger in his U19 days.  But he used to bowl a lot of wides down the leg, due to this. 

I think he has reduced his degree of inswing due to this. But the tail-in is still visible when he bowls fuller.

Tyagi needs to bowl closer to the stumps. This will allow him to use his inswinger more freely.

Edited by express bowling

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Tyagi is about the same height as Jofra Archer and maybe slightly taller than Cummins. There are lots of successful foreign pacers who are as tall as him or shorter than him.

I think pacers like Donald, Steyn, Rabada, McGrath, Cummins have a lot of ability too.

Archer and kartik both are shorter than Cummins. Cummins is around 6'3". These two probably 6'2" 

8 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

cummins is a biy taller than joffra

tyagi has raw ability in terms of pace and height  but these bowlers developed ways of dismissing batsmen according to their actions and were able to replicate those balls .

There is nothing in Jofra's action you can't pick. Very straight forward action. He is blessed with pace and skids through and is extremely accurate with new ball at that pace.

In fast bowlers, the most important thing is the ratio of bowling pace and putting effort. If you are hitting 145 at 95% of your effort, it's highly likely you will lose control. Archer has higher pace ceiling at lower effort than many current bowlers. He probably bowld 90% to hit 150. 85-95% effort is essential for a bowler to keep his fast twitches going. Below that effort, bowlers will lose his pace steadily 

So it's important to realise how much in control you are at the pace you are hitting.

Edited by rkt.india

Just now, rkt.india said:

Archer and kartik both are shorter than Cummins. Cummins is around 6'3". These two probably 6'2" 

I think Cummins himself said that he is 6'2".

Tyagi and Archer look around 6'3" to me, comparing them with others.

But, even if I am wrong about their exact heights, the main point is that Tyagi's height is comparable to Archer and Cummins. And to many other successful foreign pacers.

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

He has to find a way to swing the ball both ways ,bumrah can do it and that is a big reason for his success .umesh couldnt so he struggled .

Bumrah seams the ball both ways. I was reading a Cricviz Analysis on Bumrah and most of the movement he gets is seam movement.

We saw swing bowling from Bumrah in tests, only in the 3rd and 4th tests in England in 2018  ( where everyone swung the ball )  and the 2nd test in the WI in 2019.