Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

Mavi has 2 very interesting qualities apart from natural pace.

----  He gets good bounce from time to time despite being short. Used to gets some balls to absolutely fly through when he was fully fit. 

----  He bowls big indippers with a certain regularity.

He retains both these qualities. Interestingly, he is still getting some bounce from time to time although he is not hitting the deck as hard as before. 

This is why it is important that Mavi gets back to full pace eventually. He can be a more all condition pacer than Nagarkoti due to the above qualities.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Look at Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier and Ankit Rajpoot.  All 3 were part of our A-teams in the recent past. Avesh and Warrier played the last A-team series even. This means all are on the brink of Senior Team selection. But they cut down on pace.

Khaleel has been thrown out of the national team but still down on pace. I don't think he would have been dropped if he was bowling 145 k.

Once an Indian seamer drops pace, chances are it is a mindset issue too. And the pace may never come back.  (  But I will be more than happy if the pace comes back !!  )

Avesh khan was never fit to bowl fast ,if you see him he is a hip dominant bowler and by his fitness its quite evident doesn't do much gym work and hip dominant bowlers have to follow restrict fitness regime so eventually lost pace,Warrier was never 145 k bowler

Well Khaleel has lost pace due to his action and maybe faulty landing,but i think Khaleel is most close to get back his lost rythm,i have seen him last year bowl 1-2 deliveries at 144 against WI

Even Ishant too struggled with his action(wrist position)iirc in 2009-2010 maybe for a little longer period,he sorted it out only in 2014-2015,but thing is Ishant was hard working had the will to improve and luckily he was persisted with despite being indifferent with his form,hope Khaleel too has the will to work hard

Mavi, Nagarkoti look hardworking specially Nagarkoti

Brother,i too had my concerns over Mavi's bowling,but then he returned from a major injury,i will rather wait for an year and half

And these guys are going to play IPL again in 6 months time

I would rather want them bowl sensibly in these humid conditions

Edited by Suhaan

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

When did this IPL happen ?

IPL 2015. He sustained a bad knee injury in 2014. Missed whole domestic season, came back in IPL, bowled poorly, at least Mavi is bowling quite well even if low in pace. Bumrah made his debut for India in Feb 2016 and I wasn't sure how would he bowl seeing him bowl in IPL 2015 but he had got his mojo back in those 6-7 months after IPL. Bumrah was so bad in that IPL that they only played him in 4 games taking 3 wickets at 12+ rpo.

Edited by rkt.india

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

IPL 2015. He sustained a bad knee injury in 2014. Missed whole domestic season, came back in IPL, bowled poorly, at least Mavi is bowling quite well even if low in pace. Bumrah made his debut for India in Feb 2016 and I wasn't sure how would he bowl seeing him bowl in IPL 2015 but he had got his mojo back in those 6-7 months after IPL. Bumrah was so bad in that IPL that they only played him in 4 games taking 3 wickets at 12+ rpo.

In IPL 2015, Bumrah was visibly unfit. He was dropped after playing just 1 match. Came back mid way through the tournament and played 2 or 3 more games.

And that is what I am saying. If you have an unfit pacer ... don't play him every game. Let him play practice matches and occasional IPL matches. And get back to full match fitness first.

You are just proving my point.

I can say without reservation that Archer bowling yesterday was the best fast bowling so far in this IPL. Pure fire. Pace, accuracy, wickets & miserly economy it had it all. 2nd best spell was Bumrah against KKR until cummins hit 4 sixes off him.

Cummins is showing why he is the #1 test bowler after the disastrous 1st match against MI. In that game his lengths were short and got bashed all around. Now he's bowling much better and fuller lengths and testing the batsmen more. 1/19 and 1/13 after the 1st game.

Natarajan's yorkers were the best part of the game among Indian bowlers.

All the younger bowlers from KKR bowled well yesterday but the pace was a bit lagging.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

In IPL 2015, Bumrah was visibly unfit. He was dropped after playing just 1 match. Came back mid way through the tournament and played 2 or 3 more games.

And that is what I am saying. If you have an unfit pacer ... don't play him every game. Let him play practice matches and occasional IPL matches. And get back to full match fitness first.

You are just proving my point.

But Mavi isn't unfit. Neither Bumrah was unfit. Long lay off takes its toll and it did to both Bumrah and Mavi. Mavi had almost double the lay off than Bumrah. You are fit and want to bowl quick but those muscles don't respond same way because they haven't been used for two years. They will start working as you play more. It will take at least 6 months for Mavi before he starts to bowl similar pace he bowled in the past. Bowling in IPL will only help him. He is a hip dominant tendon driven bowler and will get better by bowling, running more.

Regarding Bumrah, he played first game did poorly, wasn't picked next games 2-3 games then played 5th game IIRC. Got picked coz other other bowler also did poorly.  

52 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Take it up with the speedometer/hawkeye operators ,Stoinis has clocked 141 with his dibbly doobly stuff whereas mavi struggled ,so if you are a big strong aussie you will  get good ratings and if you are a malnourished midget indian you wont .

True, yesterday, Mavi looked much quicker than what showed on tv. He hurried Samson on pull, hurried Butler as well. I couldn't believe that was shown 135.

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

Look at Avesh Khan, Sandeep Warrier and Ankit Rajpoot.  All 3 were part of our A-teams in the recent past. Avesh and Warrier played the last A-team series even. This means all are on the brink of Senior Team selection. But they cut down on pace.

Khaleel has been thrown out of the national team but still down on pace. I don't think he would have been dropped if he was bowling 145 k.

Once an Indian seamer drops pace, chances are it is a mindset issue too. And the pace may never come back.  (  But I will be more than happy if the pace comes back !!  )

It seems Rajput has lost desire to play for India,that's what happens when you give opportunity to trundlers like chahar . Siraj should have been given more opportunities. Excuse is chahar is a skill full bowler, don't understand that.

Skill is bowling well in all conditions, chahar so far looks ordinary. 

But our ex Indian cricketers think that pace is useless and overrated.

Yes control is a must, unless you can go a gear up it is of no use.