Jump to content
express bowling

Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

These IPL commentators talk about foreign players 80% of the time. Although 4 out of 11 are foreign players.

 

Tyagi is bowling and they are talking about Archer. But Stokes is bowling and they talk about Stokes.

 

The commentary is becoming very irritating for me.

Better tune into Dugout  , Less Ads and some real good insight from Brian Lara about technicality & Strategy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:


Yes, height is important but I won’t leave that as the only factor before dropping or picking a guy pike Deshpandey if he is consistently bowling in mid 140s in the near future. Yes, consistency will be the key if he is able to maintain that pace.

 

50 over game will better prove that or List A/FC games. 
 

Here during t20 games, player change up a lot of things based on how the pitch is playing and also mainly because they often have to bowl too much according to the plan as they are given the ball in short bursts of 1 over or two. Not the best way to judge a bowler but to get just an idea how quick he can get or if he has some potential.

 

I liked how he was bowling yorkers. Thats good sign. 

 

 

If he can bowl 140-145 consistently and nail his Yorkers than that's great and he will deserve it. My point is you have to be much quicker or offer something different if you are that short as you don't get bounce to trouble batsmen. Malinga us short 5'8 but his low arm and accurate Yorker, deceptive slower balls have really made him effective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Deshpande 4th over

 

Wide

Slower

140

142

142

139

Slower ... OUT

 

Brilliant over under pressure  !

 

Lots of accurate and quick yorkers. 

 

One thing most of DC guys are talking about including Ryan Harris  re: Tushar  is  about very good death bowling during nets , nailing yorkers after yorkers . If it comes true , he should seriously be supported as an alternative pacer in T20  for india if someone is injured .  May do good for 3-4 years as a back up. if improves further .

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

 

One thing most of DC guys are talking about including Ryan Harris  re: Tushar  is  about very good death bowling during nets , nailing yorkers after yorkers . If it comes true , he should seriously be supported as an alternative pacer in T20  for india if someone is injured .  May do good for 3-4 years as a back up. if improves further .

 

 

Deshpande gives it his all, whenever I have seen him bowling in the last few years. Comes across as an honest trier. Looks like he has focused on yorkers and improved them a lot too.

 

Plus such bowlers always get a bit more life out of the pitch.  

 

I will eagerly watch him bowl in the next couple of games. I think he will get a bit quicker too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Prasidh Krishna needs to give it his all. Sometimes he does not complete his full action. When he puts in the effort he is above 145ks.

 

He is also tall.

 

 

We need to be ruthless and get Saini into our test match playing 11 as well as LOIs and Prasidh in our LOI playing 11 ASAP. 

 

These 2 can  bowl 150 k with accuracy  ... and if they are told to target the top of off stump at full pace ball after ball, we will transform our bowling attack. 

 

The problem is that trundlers like Shardul keep sneaking in and blocking spots.

 

 

Edited by express bowling
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

We need to be ruthless and get Saini into our test match playing 11 as well as LOIs and Prasidh in our LOI playing 11 ASAP. 

 

These 2 can  bowl 150 k with accuracy  ... and if they are told to target the top of off stump at full pace ball after ball, we will transform our bowling attack. 

 

The problem is that trundlers like Shardul keep sneaking in and blocking spots.

 

 

Sainis biggest weapon is being able to rush the batsmen, they are consistently late on the pull which should tell you something about how much zip he gets off the wicket. Raw speed is something even shardul is capable of like we saw in Nzl but even at 160 kph he won't trouble the batsmen. I'm actually concerned at how similar deshpande looks to shardul but we shall see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Sainis biggest weapon is being able to rush the batsmen, they are consistently late on the pull which should tell you something about how much zip he gets off the wicket. Raw speed is something even shardul is capable of like we saw in Nzl but even at 160 kph he won't trouble the batsmen. I'm actually concerned at how similar deshpande looks to shardul but we shall see. 

 

 

What interests me is that both Saini and Prasidh can bowl accurately at high pace. And batsmen feel their pace too and are hurried into making mistakes.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

It is a shame that not a single Indian pacer has crossed 150 k so far in IPL 2020.

 

Last time Saini, Bumrah, Prasidh, Shami, Umesh, Aaron and Ishant ... all crossed 150 k.

Bumrah & Shami clocked over 150 when??? 

Saini was bowling 150 kph though..  Prasidh too had bowled few. 

Bumrah & Shami both are 140-145 kph range.  Boom is at least 2-3 kph slower than KG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bumrah & Shami clocked over 150 when??? 

Saini was bowling 150 kph though..  Prasidh too had bowled few. 

Bumrah & Shami both are 140-145 kph range.  Boom is at least 2-3 kph slower than KG. 

Bumrah , don't know about IPL but has bowled few times in internationals(including tests),he bowled quickest delivery from both sides last Aussie tour touching 153+,

In WC game against BD last year he bowled 150+,he operates between 145-148 generally when he bowls quick,that is very range which Rabada too bowls at,i wouldn't say Rabada is 1-2 yard quicker than Bumrah, they are almost at same pace

Nortje,Wood,Archer,Starc, Ferguson are certainly quicker on average speed with Nortje being fastest at the moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bumrah & Shami clocked over 150 when??? 

Saini was bowling 150 kph though..  Prasidh too had bowled few. 

Bumrah & Shami both are 140-145 kph range.  Boom is at least 2-3 kph slower than KG. 

 

 

Incorrect  !!!!

 

BUMRAH's speeds ---

 

1 )   Cricviz Analysis for 2018 ----

 

Excerpts ...

 

" In 2018 Bumrah bowled 75 balls faster than 150 kph - that is express pace. "

 

"  Bumrah had bowled 46% of his deliveries above 140 kph ... Rabada has bowled only 34% " ... 4th in the List.

 

Bumrah was 3rd quickest in the world in terms of average speed. Rabada was 5th.

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news18.com/cricketnext/amp/news/india-vs-australia-cricviz-analysis-what-makes-bumrah-so-good-1988923.html

 

 

2 )   Bumrah bowled a fastest of 153.26 kph in Australia in 2018. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crictracker.com/jasprit-bumrah-beats-mitchell-starc-to-bowl-the-fastest-delivery-in-the-test-match/%3famp

 

 

3)  Fastest balls by Bumrah IPL 2019

 

150.41 kph

149.69 kph

149.28 kph

149.06 kph

 

https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2019/fastest-balls

 

 

4)  Fastest balls by Bumrah in IPL 2018

 

148.15 kph

147.95 kph

147 71 kph

147.60 kph

147.57 kph

147.34 kph

 

https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2018/fastest-balls

 

 

5)  Bumrah has been regularly bowling 138 k to 150 k starting mid-2017.

 

6)  Bumrah has bowled a fastest of 150 k+ in World Cup 2019.

 

 

 

 

 

SHAMI .... bowls 135 k to 146 k ... but bowled lots of 147 k to 151 k balls in IPL 2019

 

Fastest being 150.65 kph

 

 

https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2019/fastest-balls

 

Edited by express bowling
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

 

 

What interests me is that both Saini and Prasidh can bowl accurately at high pace. And batsmen feel their pace too and are hurried into making mistakes.

 

 

Very impressed by Saini. Only odd few bad balls at such a high pace. I think this is Saini's peak. Of not now, there may not be a better time to debut Saini in one or more format. Would like to know your views regarding this. Perhaps a thoughtful follower of pace bowlers like you may throw more light on this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Very impressed by Saini. Only odd few bad balls at such a high pace. I think this is Saini's peak. Of not now, there may not be a better time to debut Saini in one or more format. Would like to know your views regarding this. Perhaps a thoughtful follower of pace bowlers like you may throw more light on this. 

 

 

I wanted Saini to debut in tests in April 2018. But he still has not. We played weaker teams like Afghanistan, the WI and Bangladesh at home in this period, but he still did not get a test cap. 

 

Ishant Sharma has been breaking down regularly starting early 2019. Happened in England 2018, Austrslia 2019, NZ 2020 and IPL 2020. I am in favour of playing Saini in tests in Australia even if there is 5% chance that Ishant is not fully fit. 

 

And I would like to try both Saini and Prasidh in LOIs in Australia. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

I wanted Saini to debut in tests in April 2018. But he still has not. We played weaker teams like Afghanistan, the WI and Bangladesh at home in this period, but he still did not get a test cap. 

 

Ishant Sharma has been breaking down regularly starting early 2019. Happened in England 2018, Austrslia 2019, NZ 2020 and IPL 2020. I am in favour of playing Saini in tests in Australia even if there is 5% chance that Ishant is not fully fit. 

 

And I would like to try both Saini and Prasidh in LOIs in Australia. 

 

 

Thank you.

 

I see I am two years late for him seeking a debut. Having said that, I wanted Siraj to debut in 2018 in tests. Somewhere during the time he took 3 ten fers in a month.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...