Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

31 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

That could  mess up his rhythm.It would be better if he goes round the wicket to the left handers instead of trying to come close to the stumps from over the wicket ,as from round the wicket with his style he will get quite close to the stumps and create an angle which would be quite different compared to other right armers when they go round the wicket ,a bit like kemar roach does.But he must develop an accurate inswinger.

Most right arm pacers bowl much better when they bowl round the wicket to left handed batters.

Bumrah and Shami do this regularly in tests and succeed too.

The Tyagi delivery that took Jadeja's edge, could have gone to the keeper if it was angled in from round the wicket and moves away like it did.

All our right arm quicks should try this.

Edited by express bowling

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Hopefully will get quicker in the next 2-3 years. Don't want him to change anything, just bowl the way he is bowling at this point.

If Tyagi can stay fit then he should be bowling 140 k to 150 k regularly by the time he is 21 / 22.   And improve his accuracy too.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Tyagi

Capable of bowling genuine pace

Tall 

Bouncy

Good channel ball 

Cracking yorkers 

Good bouncers

Has a good inswinger

Seams the ball both ways 

Can bowl the outswinger too

Fiesty attitude 

Undaunted by big names

Mindset of a fast bowler

Good fielder

Just 19 years old

He has become my most favourite uncapped Indian Fast Bowler this season.

Express/ RKT  

Is his last step is a bit too long and hence loosing some pace ? 

May be if it is bit less , his left leg will have more brace and hence good forward trigger  getting more pace  ...

What you feel ?

4 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Express/ RKT  

Is his last step is a bit too long and hence loosing some pace ? 

May be if it is bit less , his left leg will have more brace and hence good forward trigger  getting more pace  ...

What you feel ?

Yes. Shortening his steps slightly should help him.

I think he has reduced it a bit in the last 2 matches 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Yes. Shortening his steps slightly should help him.

I think he has reduced it a bit in the last 2 matches 

Yes his run up is little better now with more flowing ,  but i was talking of the last step before delivery . That to me looks like bit too big and hence does not seem to give forward push with a firm  left leg .

1 minute ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Yes his run up is little better now with more flowing ,  but i was talking of the last step before delivery . That to me looks like bit too big and hence does not seem to give forward push with a firm  left leg .

A slightly smaller last step should help him. But there is also the question of what he is comfortable with and whether, by making that change, he can keep the other aspects intact.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A slightly smaller last step should help him. But there is also the question of what he is comfortable with and whether, by making that change, he can keep the other aspects intact.

should be something  he can look into post IPL. 

If my reasoning is right  RR coaching staff will make it a point to correct it a bit post IPL. 

He seems to have progressed quickly at RR . Much more quicker now than i expected . Good he went to RR .

Now we need to see Akash .If he can keep up & further improve full pitch inswingers  to RH ( which he seem to do sometimes ) he can be good addition.

Gets good lift but generally bowls bit short .Another guy i expect to hit 140 regularly.

7 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

should be something  he can look into post IPL. 

If my reasoning is right  RR coaching staff will make it a point to correct it a bit post IPL. 

He seems to have progressed quickly at RR . Much more quicker now than i expected . Good he went to RR .

Now we need to see Akash .If he can keep up & further improve full pitch inswingers  to RH ( which he seem to do sometimes ) he can be good addition.

Gets good lift but generally bowls bit short .Another guy i expect to hit 140 regularly.

It is high time Akash gets a couple of games replacing Rajpoot / Unadkat. 

He has that attitude of a fast bowler too. 

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is high time Akash gets a couple of games replacing Rajpoot / Unadkat. 

He has that attitude of a fast bowler too. 

Unfortunately Sushant Misra who did better than Akash didn't get picked by any franchise is with RCB as net bowler

I found him more enforcing than Akash who has a mean bouncer

I would love Akash get games but really feel sorry for Sushant who impressed me a lot in U19 WC this year

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Unfortunately Sushant Misra who did better than Akash didn't get picked by any franchise is with RCB as net bowler

I found him more enforcing than Akash who has a mean bouncer

I would love Akash get games but really feel sorry for Sushant who impressed me a lot in U19 WC this year

A short fellow . Shot stuff by a short bowler works at U-19 level but not much chance at international level.

Scouts would take these things in consideration. 

3 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

A short fellow . Shot stuff by a short bowler works at U-19 level but not much chance at international level.

Scouts would take these things in consideration. 

So short fellow s don't play IPL?

Better if you don't talk about IPL "scouts"

Edited by Suhaan