Rajasthan Royals - the pink panthers

rkt.india

Need to focus on winning 6 of the remaining 8 games. That would give RR, 8 wins out of 14 games. At 7 wins, there could be a NRR scenario (though could be with 8 wins as well if some of the teams do not pick up their games to cause upsets) 

15 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I liked the suggestion @Ankit_sharma03 had in the other thread about Buttler & Stokes opening, followed by Samson. Time to try the shock & awe approach & give your match winners the chance to dictate the outcome.

My team for RR :

Buttler

Stokes

Samson

Steve Smith

Lomror

R Uthappa

R Tewatia

Jofra Archer

Gopal

Tyagi

V Aaron

I think Uthappa can be played just for experience. I don't think either Jaiswal & Parag gonna contribute much to the outfit this year.

I think they shud also send archer up when lesser bowlers are bowling not bumrah, rabada types coz he is someone who cn get a 10-12 ball 35 which can change the game

Dnt think they shud go to uthappa again once they have given up try anirudha, anuj or shashank 

also may be its time to look at markhande as gopal isnt bowling well, he is scared to get hit which was never the case

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I think they shud also send archer up when lesser bowlers are bowling not bumrah, rabada types coz he is someone who cn get a 10-12 ball 35 which can change the game

Dnt think they shud go to uthappa again once they have given up try anirudha, anuj or shashank 

also may be its time to look at markhande as gopal isnt bowling well, he is scared to get hit which was never the case

I don't know much about other Indian talent in the squad, yes they can try them if they are good.

Yashasvi, Lomror and Riyan in squad is far too much inexperience. RR is the team to look for after these youths get some experience against better competition playing for India A teams. 

Gopal isn't inexperienced but a proven international spinner is what they should look as his spin partner.

What RR have done well though is they have international T20 stars like Buttler. Stokes is experienced proven all rounder. Archer is one of the best pace bowler. 

When the Indian kids in team will gain experience in next 3-4 years, this team can be powerful, but then they may lose their current international players to other teams. 

Inexperienced Indian core is hurting RR a lot.

Why doesn't RR is trying Manan vohra at the Top?  Absolute brain dead selections. 

My XI

Manan Vohra

Buttler 

Samson

Smith

Stokes

Lomror

Tewatia

Archer

Gopal/Markande

Tyagi

Aaron

Jaiswal is not cut out for T20s.  Uthappa is past his sell date.  Manan at the top can provide explosive starts & can play both spin & pace. 

6 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

This must be a demoralising loss for Royals, they literally threw the game away at multiple occasions

Not at the moment .... it could hurt if they lose out on the 4th spot on points .... if they play bad cricket, it could rack up more such loses .... good thing is that the loss came against a team with points (so it did not give points away to sides it is competing for the 4th spot). If they can learn from it and win v CSK, K11, KKR & SRH, they could squeeze into the 4th spot (as long as MI, DC & RCB win most of their games) 

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Not at the moment .... it could hurt if they lose out on the 4th spot on points .... if they play bad cricket, it could rack up more such loses .... good thing is that the loss came against a team with points (so it did not give points away to sides it is competing for the 4th spot). If they can learn from it and win v CSK, K11, KKR & SRH, they could squeeze into the 4th spot (as long as MI, DC & RCB win most of their games) 

I think CSK must have enjoyed today's loss. Their tournament stays relevant with this botch from RR

Just now, SK_IH said:

I think CSK must have enjoyed today's loss. Their tournament stays relevant with this botch from RR

These teams do not need to think much about MI, DC & RCB .... only other games and if they do win all of those (even after losing to the top 3), they could sneak in 

3 minutes ago, asterix said:

RR lucky enough to win 2 matches thanks to the heroics of Tewatia.

Tewatia has done well but so have guys like Samson (first 2 games), Parag (v SRH) & bowlers .... The foreign players apart from Archer need to step it up too .... but still 6 games to go so could peak at the right time :dontknow:

Edited by zen

Legitimate question, but who do you replace Undercutter with?  You can’t bring T. Curran back else you have to drop one of Stokes, Buttler or Smith.  That’s not going to happen.  Is Aaron the only possibility?  Tough spot for RR to be in. 

Just now, GeeGaw said:

Legitimate question, but who do you replace Undercutter with?  You can’t bring T. Curran back else you have to drop one of Stokes, Buttler or Smith.  That’s not going to happen.  Is Aaron the only possibility?  Tough spot for RR to be in. 

Their season is more or less over. They can try whoever they want to try now.