Watch thread: India's 3rd opener for t20 team

Ankit_sharma03

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

All youngsters have disappointed  ... and looks like it will be Rohit and Dhawan opening in T20Is in the next couple of series. And Rahul will play at 4. 

This is what is most likely to happen ... not necessarily my choice. 

I find Mayank a very good option too. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

All youngsters have disappointed  ... and looks like it will be Rohit and Dhawan opening in T20Is in the next couple of series. And Rahul will play at 4. 

This is what is most likely to happen ... not necessarily my choice. 

for me Gill is  big disappointment . Not sure too many coaches are messing up technique of youngsters ? 

Gill seem to have changed his grip to favour the onside shot .

He was cover driving beautifully earlier ,which is not there now .  Even straight drives not coming out from meat of the bat . He will have to get his off side game back to earlier level including late cut/ Square cuts . Now most of the guys are bowling  hard lengths around outside off stump and he is not able to play any attacking shots . 

Hope selectors will not consider him for T20 till he makes his position in Tests & One dayers else we may lose a very good prospect of Tests .

Once again Rahu, Dhawan, Aggarwal  and Rohit should all be on the team with 3 out of 4 on the field at the same time (maybe all 4).

To optimize a team coaches need to realize that all playmakers need to be on the field. Sorry but India does not have professional coach with modern thinking.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

But will he get a chance ahead of Rohit, Rahul and Dhawan  ?

Nope , this is it all 3 wud go 

and same will happen like every year they ll make rahul bat at 3 or 4 , and again dhawan will be found out during Wc.. also rohit and dhawan being slow starters doesnt help each other or the team ....leading to chopping and changing

next year after IPL repeat

then again it ll be repeated

To be fair to dhawan he has performed but TM shud understand the patter that this happens every year