Pandya’s finishing (in cricket) skills tracker

maniac

I admire the confidence of ppl ho question pandya, the guy has just played 4 years among which now 2020 is non existent and rest 1 yrs has suffered major injury. Ur judgement is basically 2.5 yrs.....having seen cricketers growing after 100-100 still havent learned

thats why i say ill have the last laugh 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

chasing 232 u want one man alone to win u games.....kidhar se laate ho be ye nonsense 

That is because Sir Don Pandya is judged at the highest standards 

If X scores 100, 0, 10, 20, 4

If Y scores 0, 50, 20, 60, 0

If Z scores 10, 0, 70, 0, 60 

Pandya is expected to score 100, 50, 70, 60, 60 :hatsoff:

Kapil Dev has never won Ind a WC KO game. His entire career is judged based on a fluke 175* .... But Sir Don Pandya has too do what Kapil, Imran, Klusener, Stokes do :hatsoff:

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

• well i can talk about his fifer against england, if dhoni drew the game he won the game 
  • or MOS effort against Aus 
  • already has had stellar season for MI, Yuvi till date cudnt for any franchise
  • Didnt he play a game changing knock againt aus in Wc , since ur tallking about yuvi 50 against pak
  • he had a MOM on his Debut only for his bowling
  • yea ill talk about 90, u want me to show u threads where u have talked about 48 of rohit as some 200....srsly 48. U think its a joke to score 90 in Sa....if its so well check  2nd highest score by indian batsman on that tour its 50 or show me how many 50s does dhawan, rohit have after 2 tours of SA. Yea its halwa to score 90 in SA. Before u say fluke....show me runs from edges 

ur comparing him to guys who came with solid Fc base, yet he has achievements ...its clear impatience nothing else 

clearly accuman is weak coz jobs arent done alone

yuvi also needed a dhoni along side or a kaif in natwest 

today also kishen needed a pollard 

basics of cricket 

did stokes do it in 2016 Wc, remeber their were ppl like you who were impateint with stokes when he was struggling in his intial career

or yuvi in 2003 Final

so why does he have to have to do it in his 1st few chances .

There is no free ride , let me remind ur impatience creeps up every 2nd third game he fails. 

not understanding basic that man who bats at that position will have such problem....even yuvi had when he was at 6 .

he has come after a long injury and 3 games in ipl again ur pain started....forgetting he has been one of the pillars of MI in last 2 years. 

few days ago u had the same pain against kishen. U just have to form judgement without a reason, another example when u said today kishen struggles against pace thats why he wasnt send whereas he was smoking kishen.  

I rated Stokes in 2015 when no one even knew about him and stuck with him even after those 4 6’s because you can just tell a player has immense mental strength.

Are you thick, you are comparing Yuvi-Kaif natwest innings pressure or Yuvi- Dravid partnership vs Pak chasing to Pandya’s slogging vs Aus in the wc :facepalm:

Also lol you age brining in his bowling he is not even the top 7 fast bowlers in the country right now and that is being generous.

I bumped  the thread because in every game so far he had a shot at winning the game for his team and his role was not just to slog to get some quick runs like today.

Fine Kishen is an ATG just like Tewatitya, let’s open them vs Starc Cummins in the pink ball test at Perth.

Anyway I never totally wrote of youngsters. In fact I liked Kishen since u-19 Wc but feel he is not good enough against pace and is one dimensional in his shot making, Why are you getting so upset. You think that’s not fair criticism? I said he is not a frontline bat and sure I am not stubborn 3-4 innings like this I might change my mind.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I rated Stokes in 2015 when no one even knew about him and stuck with him even after those 4 6’s because you can just tell a player has immense mental strength.

Are you thick, you are comparing Yuvi-Kaif natwest innings pressure or Yuvi- Dravid partnership vs Pak chasing to Pandya’s slogging vs Aus in the wc :facepalm:

are u thick 

Pandya needed to slog in situation

Yuvi needed to bat sensibly

do u have any idea about match sitution 

and now when u have no answer u go to fallacy of comparing....ur using partnership to compare a single effort 

Also lol you age brining in his bowling he is not even the top 7 fast bowlers in the country right now and that is being generous.

he is not a fast bowler

Watson wasnt even 10 fast bowler when he played for his country 

yet pandya has a better eco then Umesh in ODI almost similar to shami

at one point had better avg then bhuvi 

I bumped  the thread because in every game so far he had a shot at winning the game for his team and his role was not just to slog to get some quick runs like today.

thats the things u get these chances once in a while and ppl like expect him to deilver everytime 

yet openers n bowler are allowed to fail 4-5 times 

Fine Kishen is an ATG just like Tewatitya, let’s open them vs Starc Cummins in the pink ball test at Perth.

jab jawab na ho to bakwaas kro 

Anyway I never totally wrote of youngsters. In fact I liked Kishen since u-19 Wc but feel he is not good enough against pace and is one dimensional in his shot making, Why are you getting so upset. You think that’s not fair criticism? I said he is not a frontline bat and sure I am not stubborn 3-4 innings like this I might change my mind.

why do u want cricketer at young age to have a full fledged game....only rare like sachin or now gill had that case

Go watch yuvi in early days he was the worst player of spin 

Dhoni himself struggled against hard length in body balls for early part 

Some people have no fricking clue. Kapil Dev walked into every Indian team he played atleast till 1990 as a bowler, his batting was always a bonus. When Pandya does walk into Indian either as batsman or bowler we can compare this guy with Kapil Dev.

Pandya is a bits and pieces player who does nothing well .Stokes will walk into England team as a batsman, his bowling is just a bonus.

2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

The bigger problem with Pandya is that he is not bowling after his back surgery.. So, he should compensate that with his performance with the bat, else there are pure batsmen who might make a stronger case

in MI no there isnt...remeber for kishen also they went back to tiwary 

In India no there isnt someone like him at 6 or 7, Some may say DK but there also he will win over him with just fielding

WC is a year away and he ll be bowling by end of IPL 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

are u thick 

Pandya needed to slog in situation

Yuvi needed to bat sensibly

do u have any idea about match sitution 

and now when u have no answer u go to fallacy of comparing....ur using partnership to compare a single effort 

he is not a fast bowler

Watson wasnt even 10 fast bowler when he played for his country 

yet pandya has a better eco then Umesh in ODI almost similar to shami

at one point had better avg then bhuvi 

thats the things u get these chances once in a while and ppl like expect him to deilver everytime 

yet openers n bowler are allowed to fail 4-5 times 

jab jawab na ho to bakwaas kro 

why do u want cricketer at young age to have a full fledged game....only rare like sachin or now gill had that case

Go watch yuvi in early days he was the worst player of spin 

Dhoni himself struggled against hard length in body balls for early part 

May be you are not thick because you are saying the right things but you have context and comprehension issues. 

repeat after me

Finishing requires composure 

Finishing requires game awareness

Finishing requires mental math

Now show me these kind of knocks by Pandya and we will respectfully part our ways.

Slogging  some 6’s in the slog overs <> Finishing. That even Harbhajan can do and did better in his prime and was a way better bowler

Afridi 

Records type batting analysis [change type]
View career summary [change view]
Match type tournament finals  or tournament semi-finals  or tournament quarter-finals 
Ordered by default (ascending)
Return to query menu
Cleared query menu
Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
unfiltered 1996-2015 398 369 27 8064 124 23.57 6892 117.00 6 39 30 730 351 Profile
filtered 1996-2015 39 37 2 688 65 19.65 667 103.14 0 3 3 67 22

Kapil 

Match type tournament finals  or tournament semi-finals 
Return to query menu
Cleared query menu
Career averages
unfiltered 1978-1994 225 198 39 3783 175* 23.79 3979 95.07 1 14 13 291+ 67+ Profile
filtered 1983-1994 21 18 5 254 54* 19.53 274 92.70 0 1 2 25 2

Kapil has more "0" than "50 or more" scores :((

Pandya

Match type tournament finals  or tournament semi-finals 
Return to query menu
Cleared query menu
Career averages
unfiltered 2016-2019 54 38 6 957 83 29.90 828 115.57 0 4 3 69 40 Profile
filtered 2017-2019 3 2 0 108 76 54.00 105 102.85 0 1 0 6 6

The above could improve further :dance:

/thread

Just now, maniac said:

May be you are not thick because you are saying the right things but you have context and comprehension issues. 

repeat after me

Finishing requires composure 

Finishing requires game awareness

Finishing requires mental math

Repeat after me

@maniac lacks patience

@maniac is biased 

@maniac will be proven wrong in end 

Youngster need time to flourish , wait for few years ....i knw u get kick after few games but trust me just few yrs . Said same thing to a joker above u who debated over KL with me for 2 yrs n i said cricket is about phases when good phase will come we ll see....ill tell u the same thing 

then we ll see who repeats what

Just now, maniac said:

Now show me these kind of knocks by Pandya and we will respectfully part our ways.

already shown u but what to do about fragile ego n lack of understanding of game 

Any captain with sane mind will take Afridi over Pandya. Afridi would walk into his team as a bowler first. Afridi played some knocks with bat which Pandya can only dream .Afridi was the reason why Pakistan won t20 world cup in 2009.

Afridi is 100 times better player than Pandya ever will be and let us not drag Kapil into this discussion and insult that great man.

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hey is dhawan in top 10 current IPL

Saw u missing last nite when an all rounder won a game or today when sundar bowled the best spell. 

You are deflecting. Topic is Pandya and stick to it. We know he is not bowling and now we see he cannot bat. I hope he comes around and I will be his fan.

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

You are deflecting.

Speechless 

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

Topic is Pandya and stick to it. We know he is not bowling and now we see he cannot bat. I hope he comes around and I will be his fan.

he is not bowling doesnt mean he wont in future , just recovering

just been 3 games neither has kohli scored or bumrah performed ...many hasnt atleast he hasnt played cricket in very very long whats other ppl excuse 

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

But he scored 90.

hopefully after 5 tours dhawan n Rohit will get a 50 in Sa 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Speechless 

he is not bowling doesnt mean he wont in future , just recovering

just been 3 games neither has kohli scored or bumrah performed ...many hasnt atleast he hasnt played cricket in very very long whats other ppl excuse 

hopefully after 5 tours dhawan n Rohit will get a 50 in Sa 

Dhawan, Rohit, Pandya. In batting. In same sentence. I am definitely confused.