Pandya’s finishing (in cricket) skills tracker

maniac

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

There is no difference. All 3 are fantastic utility cricketers with different strength and weaknesses and are in different stages of their careers more or less and have had memorable performances for India. 

Pandya has dozen + white ball performances for India with bat and ball, Thakur - a bowler who can slog it a bit, is not even 20% the cricketer that Pandya is.  Even if we overlook his shoddy fielding. 

But to one-eyed fools, somehow there is "no difference".  

That just says it all.  I'm done on this topic with you.

Just now, sandeep said:

Pandya has dozen + white ball performances for India with bat and ball, Thakur - a bowler who can slog it a bit, is not even 20% the cricketer that Pandya is.  Even if we overlook his shoddy fielding. 

But to one-eyed fools, somehow there is "no difference".  

That just says it all.  I'm done on this topic with you.

Thakur took 7 wickets in Brisbane vs Australia and scored a match winning 50. 

He has won T20 games and turned games against WI, Nzl, England with late order slogging.

His double wicket strikes in games is now reaching legendary status even though in a lighter vein.

The fact that no one keeps a track of that for Thakur but are ready to list out those minute details for Pandya is actually a testament of exactly what I am saying.

I don’t need to put down Thakur who has been fantastic utility cricketer for India the last 2 years to hype Pandya.

This is were you give a meanigless emoticon and GTFO

5 minutes ago, zen said:

thank you for proving my point ... now track Pant's finishing skills 7 off 8 balls at C'nai

Merits of Pandya don't matter - its all about the co-incidence that someone else praised Pandya early in his career, while he didn't.  And now he will try to 'prove' himself right till the cows come home.  Milestones will be racked up but for another 10 years our frog in the well will show up like clockwork everytime Pandya does something less than great on the cricket field.  

Its just pathetic really.

Thakur took 7 wickets in Brisbane vs Australia and scored a match winning 50. 

He has won T20 games and turned games against WI, Nzl, England with late order slogging.

His double wicket strikes in games is now reaching legendary status even though in a lighter vein.

The fact that no one keeps a track of that for Thakur but are ready to list out those minute details for Pandya is actually a testament of exactly what I am saying.

I don’t need to put down Thakur who has been fantastic utility cricketer for India the last 2 years to hype Pandya.

This is were you give a meanigless emoticon and GTFO

Brisbane wasn't white ball cricket it was test cricket.

Please link to ODI or T20 games that Thakur has "won" for India.  I don't need to bother to list them for Pandya.  

Just now, sandeep said:

Brisbane wasn't white ball cricket it was test cricket.

I will definitely list them out when I have time. In fact might have compiled them before on a post. 

As far as the quoted portion goes 20% of Pandya is all it takes to put a performance like that  in an overseas test against Australia which is called their fortress I guess.  You are not doing yourself any favors with every post you make.

By the way I am still not saying Pandya is useless, I am saying he is very frustrating when he can’t cash in on these kind of situations. Sure you might rub it in the next game but don’t you see a problem here that there is clearly a divided opinion and this thread and other variants of these keep being discussed?

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I will definitely list them out when I have time. In fact might have compiled them before on a post. 

As far as the quoted portion goes 20% of Pandya is all it takes to put a performance like that  in an overseas test against Australia which is called their fortress I guess.  You are not doing yourself any favors with every post you make.

By the way I am still not saying Pandya is useless, I am saying he is very frustrating when he can’t cash in on these kind of situations. Sure you might rub it in the next game but don’t you see a problem here that there is clearly a divided opinion and this thread and other variants of these keep being discussed?

I dare you to make a thread where you claim that Thakur and Pandya are no "different" as cricketers.  And get anybody to agree with you.

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I am saying he is very frustrating when he can’t cash in on these kind of situations.

why would it be frustrating? (And when you support SRH and DC. why not worry about its players more?). SDP has won his teams tournaments ... you saw that last yr too when you started this thread 

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I dare you to make a thread where you claim that Thakur and Pandya are no "different" as cricketers.  And get anybody to agree with you.

You are seriously dumb dude especially when it comes to Pandya as I said, maybe that barsat ki raat in Mumbai with Pandya in his bachelor days has something to do with this.

Based on what they have contributed to Indian cricket  so far and considering their utility they are no different. Sure suit yourself and open the thread to see who has contributed more in memorable games so far, you will be surprised it isn’t as clear as daylight as you think. 

You are seriously dumb dude especially when it comes to Pandya as I said, maybe that barsat ki raat in Mumbai with Pandya in his bachelor days has something to do with this.

Based on what they have contributed to Indian cricket  so far and considering their utility they are no different. Sure suit yourself and open the thread to see who has contributed more in memorable games so far, you will be surprised it isn’t as clear as daylight as you think. 

yeah back to the usual gratuitous personal insults, glad to see froggie sticking to his froggyness claiming "Shardul thakur is no different than Hardik Pandya" as cricketer.

This is right up there, with toffee kumar being just as good as Sehwag.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

yeah back to the usual gratuitous personal insults, glad to see froggie sticking to his froggyness claiming "Shardul thakur is no different than Hardik Pandya" as cricketer.

This is right up there, with toffee kumar being just as good as Sehwag.

I can at least respect that hustle as that guy who said it was probably sticking  up for his countrymen

On the other hand you called Shardul 20% of Hardik Pandya :laugh:.

Now time for retrospection. 

44 minutes ago, zen said:

Even in Test cricket, SDP has better performances helping Ind win in Eng, hitting a 90 odd in SA, 100 in SL, 70 odd v Afg, and so on 

Why do you always scrape the bottom of the barrel for Pandya. Who even counts stats against Afghanistan, that too in a test match

2 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Why do you always scrape the bottom of the barrel for Pandya. Who even counts stats against Afghanistan, that too in a test match

Because SDP is a relatively new player who has only played a handful of tests, and only one in Ind 

SDP v Rohit in IPL 

• SDP - Avg 36, SR 156; + 6 wkts 
  • Rohit - Avg 24, SR 122

• SDP - Avg 29, SR 133; + 18 wkts 
  • Rohit - Avg 24, SR 133

• SDP - Avg 45, SR 191; + 14 wkts
  • Rohit - Avg 29, SR 129 

• SDP - Avg 35, SR 179; did not bowl due to injury 
  • Rohit - Avg 28, SR 128 

Easily out performed Rohit but here we have such threads :rofl:

5 minutes ago, zen said:

SDP v Rohit in IPL 

• SDP - Avg 36, SR 156; + 6 wkts 
  • Rohit - Avg 24, SR 122

• SDP - Avg 29, SR 133; + 18 wkts 
  • Rohit - Avg 24, SR 133

• SDP - Avg 45, SR 191; + 14 wkts
  • Rohit - Avg 29, SR 129 

• SDP - Avg 35, SR 179; did not bowl due to injury 
  • Rohit - Avg 28, SR 128 

Easily out performed Rohit but here we have such threads :rofl:

2021 when both are playing as pure batsman??:giggle:

3 minutes ago, IndianCapitals said:

2021 when both are playing as pure batsman??:giggle:

Even last yr, SDP played as a batsman ... there is no comparison as Rohit, who is rated highly by the OP, has been among the weaker performers for MI since 2017

4 hours ago, Serpico said:

so the 90 in SA and test winning 5-fer in England is also scraping bottom of the barrel.

I mean, I don't want to overrate Pandya the test cricketer, because he is at best a squaddie in 17, not even in 14 or 15.  And maybe with a bit of luck and better fitness, can be part of a possible test XI.  But the guy offers possible value - there's simply no denying that.