Pandya’s finishing (in cricket) skills tracker

maniac

5 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

I can at least respect that hustle as that guy who said it was probably sticking  up for his countrymen

On the other hand you called Shardul 20% of Hardik Pandya :laugh:.

Now time for retrospection. 

Shardul's about 20% of the batsman that Hardik is.  There's simply no putting more lipstick on that particular pig of an argument. 

6 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Hasn’t bowler either. Has anyone seen him bowl? How does he get a A grade contract.

Love Pandya’s batting. Very exciting. Top Overall a quality cricketer but people have a problem because he keeps getting handed things while others are judged more stringently. Keeps walking in and out of the team without such performances yet.

Why does his bowling have to be protected? So he will just switch on and switch off in a crisis situation if he has to bowl? 

Why do we write of other players  without them getting the same rope? Why hasn’t a guy who hit a 300 against England not getting chances? Now experts will come in and say they didn’t “see quality”. How does that work?

In a fair world, benchmarks are fair for everyone and shouldn’t go by just someone’s eye test.

Erre yaar hypocrisy ki bhi seema hoti hai 

U call me for liking players who can hit sixes, whereas when rohit was struggling in test ur only defense was he can hit so many sixes.  Infact u were putting some random stats of him hitting one six every game. Ab batao main t20 men six hitting ability ki baat karu to few sixes ka deewana aur tume 1 chakke ki baat karo wo bhi test match men to wo accumen. Taaliyaaan

Didnt u make a thread on rohit for giving him last 8-10 chances more every time he scored a 50 after 7-8 innings and then cycle repeated.

Karun nair may have dropped from XI for rahane but from squad he was dropped for rohit . Rohit came of without no domestic red ball or even runs in IPL. 

Ya to khudh mat karo ya dusro ko mat bolo. Rohit ki quality ke gungaan aapke maniac bhaisahab ne kitne saal gaye hai wo batane ki zaroot. Not to also forget ishant sharma whose big part of the career was extremely below avg.

About his bowling, he has a back surgery and reason for injury was his action. They have top guys assesing his fitness. If they feel his back needs time so be it. If his back gets hurt again he ll be gone for a year atleast. Dube chahiye terko uski replacement. Its not that he is lazy to bowl but getting injured again isnt smart that to for IPL. 

25 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I mean, I don't want to overrate Pandya the test cricketer, because he is at best a squaddie in 17, not even in 14 or 15.  And maybe with a bit of luck and better fitness, can be part of a possible test XI.  But the guy offers possible value - there's simply no denying that.

Has anyone denied it? I won’t speak for others but please and seriously request you to go back and read my first post you took offence to. Have I denied that Pandya doesn’t have value or is not a fantastic utility cricketer? 

The point I was making is, Pandya seems to be a lot more privileged than some of the other cricketers around Indian cricket, as some  of the examples I have quoted.  That’s all, that pretty much was it.

Forget about all the other rabbit hole we have gone on with Thakur etc, once again  the only point is Pandya has been treated like a golden child and at some point the expectations will be high yield. People still haven’t forgiven the backing given to Rohit, Ishant and Jadeja despite them nearing ATG status. That was it. At this point I am seriously concerned because every time my post  involves Pandya, you seem to get into this irrational hysteria/anger which I really don’t get. I am not trying to rile you up. I am serious.

This is what SDP did in the last few series (highlights):

• IPL 2020 - the thread followed it. Avg 35, SR 179 
  • Aus ODI series - best player for Ind. Most runs with 2 90s (despite batting in the lower middle order) 
  • Aus T20 series - Man of the series 
  • Eng T20 series - bowled a few brilliant spells 
  • Eng ODI series - 60 odd in the final ODI to help Ind clinch the series 

So when he is playing at his best, he has been the highest scorer and won Man of the series. When he has not played at his best, he has still won Ind games with both the bat & the ball including in crunch games ... And since we talked about Rohit, the guy has only played one good knock (benefiting from dropped catches) in the whole LOI series v Eng (T20s + ODIs) ... At Chennai, when everyone knows that batting has been difficult after 12-13 overs in general w/ teams losing after even being in winning positions, some folks, conveniently, want to get into funny discussions :rolleyes:

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

About his bowling, he has a back surgery and reason for injury was his action. They have top guys assesing his fitness. If they feel his back needs time so be it. If his back gets hurt again he ll be gone for a year atleast.

Ppl are forgetting the below, how he came back through hard work, including having to rework his bowling action. Of course, teams will try not to put too much pressure on him:

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

A certificate Pandya 

what wrong did he do going for a 6 in the last few balls and batsmen still to come? Let me guess, he should have taken 1s and 2s and remained not out :rofl: 

The guy who played 48 balls before getting into death overs did worse: 

Shami to Rohit Sharma, OUT

Whipped straight to deep square. Low full toss at middle stump, gets low and whips this flat. There was a decent gap between deep square and fine leg, but he can't find it. A good knock from Rohit after the early struggles, but Punjab have stated this death overs phase very nicely. A sharp catch from Allen too, high to his right

Shami to Rohit Sharma, no run

Just past off stump. Rohit misses out on an overpitched delivery. Full and in the corridor, ends up making too much room as he looks to drill that over extra cover

Ravi Bishnoi to Rohit Sharma, no run

Length on middle stump, defended on the front foot

Ravi Bishnoi to Rohit Sharma, 1 run

Full at middle stump, leans in to stab to long-on

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Comparing 1(3) with nearly 70 from nearly 40 ball type knock on a minefield :rofl: 

And we saw what tuk tuk could do going for quick runs with having the option to select balls or pick bowlers ... if SDP plays in the top order, he would have got a 100 :winky:

1 minute ago, zen said:

Exactly, tracking avgs of those who go from ball 1 on a chennai pitch :hysterical:  .... and  don;t forget tuk tuk failed as a middle order batsmen 

Comparing Hardik with a guy who is already considered as a LOI ATG by fellow cricketers and experts leave alone fans :winky: not sure that looks good on someone’s cricket acumen 

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Comparing Hardik with a guy who is already considered as a LOI ATG by fellow cricketers and experts leave alone fans :winky: not sure that looks good on someone’s cricket acumen 

Beat tuk tuk 4 years in a row despite batting in the MO :hello:

SDP v Rohit in IPL 

• SDP - Avg 36, SR 156; + 6 wkts 
  • Rohit - Avg 24, SR 122

• SDP - Avg 29, SR 133; + 18 wkts 
  • Rohit - Avg 24, SR 133

• SDP - Avg 45, SR 191; + 14 wkts
  • Rohit - Avg 29, SR 129 

• SDP - Avg 35, SR 179; did not bowl due to injury 
  • Rohit - Avg 28, SR 128 

Easily out performed Rohit but here we have such threads :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I think that shouldn't be the take away. The take away should a LOI ATG who was well settled couldn't accelerate when he wanted to, in that context Pandya's failure isn't that big of a concern.   

Just now, Cricspin said:

So why we need people who can only bat if pitches suit them ? Both Kishan and Pandya have flopped with the bat so far. Rohit can hit as good as anyone on a good pitch and still bats well on slow pitches. He still gets called tuk tuk amd people want his head for T20.

In fact Rohit is the most convincing hitter against real fast and quality bowling once set in entire India. Not Kohli or anyone else.

Capable of taking 20+ run overs against top class bowlers. Most even acknowledge that but again it’s back to square 1 every game.

1 minute ago, IndianRenegade said:

I think that shouldn't be the take away. The take away should a LOI ATG who was well settled couldn't accelerate when he wanted to, in that context Pandya's failure isn't that big of a concern.   

so you are blaming him because he couldn’t get a 100 after getting to 60 + at a fairly decent clip considering the conditions but others can be excused because it is a sluggish pitch. What kind of argument is that lol

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

so you are blaming him because he couldn’t get a 100 after getting to 60 + at a fairly decent clip considering the conditions but others can be excused because it is a sluggish pitch. What kind of argument is that lol

Blaming Rohit? no. I am pointing out even a well settled batsman can't accelerate in this pitch, while Pandya has to accelerate without having the luxury of taking time to settle down.