Pandya’s finishing (in cricket) skills tracker

maniac

I swear we deserve thala, jadeja kind of players in t20 not pandya , pant

No wonder young players started to curb their natural game in India. Rahul already has, pant has this IPL ...

Guys like Dhawan n manish are doing this consistency nonsense , making runs and loosing their team games . Rahul following same foot steps have costed his team

Just dont get this Fuzz game after game, coz their isnt big score. Erre how can their be a big score when he mostly comes at 5-6 overs left and his job is to smash , if u have so much problem take thala n jadeja they take their time and take game deep but this is not how t20 works. Ishaan kishen in post match rightly said MI startegy is to stay above RR which is why one of the 3 comes 1st and starts smashing and if it doesnt work other 2 take control. 

When u play high risk game it will never turn into consistency, its not easy to come with few overs remaning and start smashing then also remain not out. It isnt video game, look at even russell world best t20 finisher he to has struggled coz it aint a easy job. 

Are ppl srsly worried about pant , pandya IPL form , really??? they have been top IPL players for last 2-3 yrs.

No wonder in few yrs both will cut their aggresive game for avg, we dont want another dhoni style player in t20....If anything worry about these 2 when they cut their natural game coz their enough players to waste balls at top. 

We also want players who dont give a worry in world n smash then we also want players to put a price on wkt.....ye kaise possible hai ? Let shaw and few more come they ll be treated with same . Once they cut their aggresive game people will have lust for bashers again

IF anything look at MI startegy whose batsman from middle to lower middle just come out n smash and they are the most successful franchise 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Game has changed,at max you can have only one to anchor innings

Current Indian team will be left wanting in 2 years time with current approach as teams have started to do things which England are doing currently while we haven't even started, ironically we were the last of the top 8-9 nations who played their first international t20,so its speaks volumes of our mentality,it has to start ....

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I swear we deserve thala, jadeja kind of players in t20 not pandya , pant

This thread was bumped only when SDP scored a zero and that too in a match that was in his team’s pocket. In most of the other games, including in tough ones, he has played his part. Not once was this thread bumped when Pandya performed in 3 consecutive games 

Conclusion: 

a) Some of these folks do not understand T20s

b) Have zero understanding of how MI plays its cricket where it has someone like Pollard at 6-7 

c) Idea is to randomly criticize Pandya, who was already MI best player last season with 400+ runs at a SR of 190+ and 14 wkts. Playing many brilliant knocks 

Edited by zen

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Game has changed,at max you can have only one to anchor innings

Current Indian team will be left wanting in 2 years time with current approach as teams have started to do things which England are doing currently while we haven't even started, ironically we were the last of the top 8-9 nations who played their first international t20,so its speaks volumes of our mentality,it has to start ....

sure mentality and style may change due to T20 but the basics of the game to use common sense and play to finish the job will remain the same even if cricket becomes T1 instead of T20. When you see guys like Butler or even guys like Maxwell,Morgan or Pollard they usually have a plan and close out  games without compromising on their style.

This excuse that oh Pandya’s role is this and that is dumb. Let’s remember this Yuvraj or Raina we’re not professional finishers, they were top order players fitted in a slot and they batted both like main batsmen to finish games or rebuilding situations or crazy hitting from ball 1 in slog overs. That’s what a good cricketer does. Even Umesh Yadav can slog a few 6’s in 2-3 out of 10 games if he is given the same license. We need a guy to close out games that we can rely on be it T20 or Odi it tests.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

This excuse that oh Pandya’s role is this and that is dumb. Let’s remember this Yuvraj or Raina we’re not professional finishers, they were top order players fitted in a slot and they batted both like main batsmen to finish games or rebuilding situations or crazy hitting from ball 1 in slog overs.

:hmmmm:

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India 
Opposition team Australia  or England  or India  or New Zealand  or Pakistan  or South Africa  or Sri Lanka  or West Indies 
Batting position between 6 and 7 
Qualifications runs scored greater than or equal to 500 
Ordered by batting average (descending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 14 of 14   First Previous Next  Last  Return to query menu
Cleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0  
M Azharuddin 1985-1999 25 20 10 597 108* 59.70 639 93.42 1 1 0
MS Dhoni 2005-2019 179 149 49 4637 139* 46.37 5527 83.89 2 33 4
KM Jadhav 2014-2020 46 34 14 859 120 42.95 777 110.55 1 2 1
A Jadeja 1992-2000 55 48 10 1303 119 34.28 1732 75.23 1 6 2
YK Pathan 2008-2012 40 28 9 627 123* 33.00 532 117.85 2 3 3
SK Raina 2005-2018 78 68 14 1740 106 32.22 1903 91.43 1 8 7
HH Pandya 2016-2019 33 19 3 509 83 31.81 463 109.93 0 3 2
Yuvraj Singh 2000-2011 61 51 8 1363 98* 31.69 1725 79.01 0 10 2
RA Jadeja 2009-2020 109 79 28 1501 87 29.43 1793 83.71 0 7 6
RJ Shastri 1982-1992 66 55 11 1279 73* 29.06 1662 76.95 0 7 2
RR Singh 1989-2001 86 76 16 1436 75 23.93 1987 72.26 0 6 3
N Kapil Dev 1978-1994 162 142 29 2700 87 23.89 2977 90.69 0 10 11
M Kaif 2002-2006 60 49 10 914 87* 23.43 1219 74.97 0 5 3
NR Mongia 1994-2000 68 49 17 664 69 20.75 941 70.56 0 1 0

23 minutes ago, maniac said:

sure mentality and style may change due to T20 but the basics of the game to use common sense and play to finish the job will remain the same even if cricket becomes T1 instead of T20. When you see guys like Butler or even guys like Maxwell,Morgan or Pollard they usually have a plan and close out  games without compromising on their style.

This excuse that oh Pandya’s role is this and that is dumb. Let’s remember this Yuvraj or Raina we’re not professional finishers, they were top order players fitted in a slot and they batted both like main batsmen to finish games or rebuilding situations or crazy hitting from ball 1 in slog overs. That’s what a good cricketer does. Even Umesh Yadav can slog a few 6’s in 2-3 out of 10 games if he is given the same license. We need a guy to close out games that we can rely on be it T20 or Odi it tests.

Wasn't Pandya doing well for MI before yesterday, Yuvraj and Raina were nowhere near what they were later in their first4-5 years

Yuvi only started to prosper 2006 onwards ,Pandyas progress has been hampered by injuries,he has barely played last year after WC

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

means he ll never bowl ?

SKY doesnt bowl much due to chucking issues

He used to give more than 6 an over on good day in ODI..  9-10 in T20 when he was fully fit.  I have not much hope in his bowling when he's having so trouble with Injury. 

Rana & SKY or even Tewatia can do much better job. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He used to give more than 6 an over on good day in ODI..  9-10 in T20 when he was fully fit.  I have not much hope in his bowling when he's having so trouble with Injury. 

Rana & SKY or even Tewatia can do much better job. 

much better job at what ?

Rana wont bowl more then 2-3 over, ur telling me a 2-3 over bowler wud do better then him after injury . Hasnt players gottehn injured before ?

sky cant bowl coz of chucking issue

Tewatia is not even a batsman , he is yet to be checked at international level

grass always looks greener on other side

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

much better job at what ?

Rana wont bowl more then 2-3 over, ur telling me a 2-3 over bowler wud do better then him after injury . Hasnt players gottehn injured before ?

sky cant bowl coz of chucking issue

Tewatia is not even a batsman , he is yet to be checked at international level

grass always looks greener on other side

We have Invested 4 years on Hardik & got little in return.  I won't mind giving Rana,  Tewatia a series or two. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

We have Invested 4 years on Hardik & got little in return.  I won't mind giving Rana,  Tewatia a series or two. 

out of 4 he has played 2-2.5, how have u gotten lil returns he has been a big improvement from jadeja days

already won u a test in england and added 30-40 to our great starts most days

Rana cant bat at 7, he has been exposed in IPL against leggies n short pitch forget international. He cant bowl more then 2-3 overs

Rana replacing pandya a joke, in IPL pandya has been top MI player whereas rana hasnt been for his any side.

By ur logic even yuvi n rohit shud have been dumped as they started giving returns in 5-6th yr and u hve no patience in 2.5 yr just becoz u want something new

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Wasn't Pandya doing well for MI before yesterday, Yuvraj and Raina were nowhere near what they were later in their first4-5 years

Yuvi only started to prosper 2006 onwards ,Pandyas progress has been hampered by injuries,he has barely played last year after WC

thats why batting at his slot is the toughest coz it will never have big numbers and with 1-2 failure ppl will go crazy. Good that MI and Indian team understand this and give him full backing.

Yuvi had same issues with consistency coz he was batting at 6, his high came only when chappel promoted him. 

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

out of 4 he has played 2-2.5, how have u gotten lil returns he has been a big improvement from jadeja days

already won u a test in england and added 30-40 to our great starts most days

Rana cant bat at 7, he has been exposed in IPL against leggies n short pitch forget international. He cant bowl more then 2-3 overs

Rana replacing pandya a joke, in IPL pandya has been top MI player whereas rana hasnt been for his any side.

By ur logic even yuvi n rohit shud have been dumped as they started giving returns in 5-6th yr and u hve no patience in 2.5 yr just becoz u want something new

With him not bowling in IPl..  He ain't bowling in internationals anytime soon.  Actually dude has played 3 ICC tourneys for us so inexperience is a lame excuse. 

At the moment even Dube looks better coz he bowls.  Rana is supremely Talented player.  Watch his best knocks in IPl..  U will see what he is capable of.  Last year vs RCB at Edens even Kohli at the boundary line was saying wow at those strikes. 

Rana the batter is much more talented than hack Pandya. 

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

With him not bowling in IPl..  He ain't bowling in internationals anytime soon.  

Acc to mahela he ll be bowling by end of ipl

Actually dude has played 3 ICC tourneys for us so inexperience is a lame excuse. 

Still 2.5 half

Even yuvi had 4 icc tournament by 5th yr yet was struggling. Same rohit

At the moment even Dube looks better coz he bowls.

Yea few made that statment when he bursted on scene that he is better then hardik all ate humble pie

Rana is supremely Talented player.  Watch his best knocks in IPl..

Seen all , in ipl also pandya beats hin

U will see what he is capable of.  Last year vs RCB at Edens even Kohli at the boundary line was saying wow at those strikes. 

Watch pandya knock in last yr eden ipl 

Rana the batter is much more talented than hack Pandya. 

Nope , just bats above nothing else. 

Put hardik tha batsman only vs rana the all rounder in auction ull knw

Already has 2 weakness exposed 

45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Acc to mahela he ll be bowling by end of ipl

Still 2.5 half

Even yuvi had 4 icc tournament by 5th yr yet was struggling. Same rohit

Yea few made that statment when he bursted on scene that he is better then hardik all ate humble pie

Seen all , in ipl also pandya beats hin

Watch pandya knock in last yr eden ipl 

Nope , just bats above nothing else. 

Put hardik tha batsman only vs rana the all rounder in auction ull knw

Already has 2 weakness exposed 

show me pressure knocks from Pandya from a 40/5, 20/4 kind of situations, I am sure 4 years + IPl he might have been in those situations a few times right?

Also show me games where he closed when it became a 100 in 10 overs or 80 in 7-8 overs kind of knocks, I will have my answer.

Binny saved a match and won an unwinnable game at the highest level. Jayant Yadav has a test 100 and a couple of 4 wicket hauls against big teams, Karun Nair has a 300 against England, why is Pandya being backed alone?

Yes on paper he looks a special player, can tonk from ball 1, terrific fielder and can bowl 140+ but where are the returns?

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

show me pressure knocks from Pandya from a 40/5, 20/4 kind of situations, I am sure 4 years + IPl he might have been in those situations a few times right?

Go watch the 90 knock which u cry on or CT final knock.  Now show me one final where rohit or kohli has made 50.

Show me dhawan or rohit score of even 50 in eng or sa 

Also show me games where he closed when it became a 100 in 10 overs or 80 in 7-8 overs kind of knocks, I will have my answer.

Go watch his knock against kkr of 94

Binny saved a match and won an unwinnable game at the highest level. Jayant Yadav has a test 100 and a couple of 4 wicket hauls against big teams, Karun Nair has a 300 against England, why is Pandya being backed alone?

Karun replaced rahane not pandya

Go check why jayant is dropped, he faked injuries 

Binny saved a test, pandya won a test. Go check which indian bowler has the best bolwing avg in england in last 20 yrs

U shudnt even ask that question when u back rohit who overseas avg was below then bhuvi ashwin n jadeja. Do u want me to show that ultimatum thread where even after 30-40 u wanted 4-5 test backing and he had no more value

Yes on paper he looks a special player, can tonk from ball 1, terrific fielder and can bowl 140+ but where are the returns?

Remind me the returns of yuvi n rohit in 1st 6-7 yrs.

Now show me who can bat like that at 7, may i remind u the last guy who did this job was jadeja who s.r at 7 is 82. Pandya is reason india started making 300 totals to 330, 40

Then help u complete 50 overs. U crib all day but if someone ask u for a solution u have none.....

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

All hype but no substance in return.  At the moment he is no better than Dubey.  But thing is Dubey is now actually bowling...  But Hardik isn't